Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Forest Fights Back-Deck, starring Shaymin LV X, Beautifly and Dustox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marq_darkrai

here's the lineup

Shaymin(seed flare) LV X X1
Shaymin(flower aroma) X2
Wurmple(pl) X4
Cascoon " X2
Silcoon " X2
Dustox " X2
Beautifly " X2
Treecko X2
Grovyle X1
Sceptile(wild growth) X2
Claydol X1
Baltoy X1
Budew(budy buddy) X4

TOTAL POKEMON: 26

Miasma Valley X2
Dawn stadium X2
Rare Candy X2
Warp Point X2
Level M.A.X X2
Bebe's Search X4
Roseanne's Research X2
Luxury Ball X2
Poke Drawer X4

TOTAL TRAINERS: 22

Grass energy X12

strategy

okay, here goes. firstly, with the basics, both beautifly and dustox are the main attackers in this deck. keep shaymin LV X on the bench for +40 hp, bringing beautifly's base HP to a whopping 160 hp and Dustox's HP to 170!!!
with the sceptiles down, one grass energy will count as 4!(if im mistaken, im sure wild growth stacks, im not sure so pls alert me if i'm wrong)so attaching 1(or 2) energies will result in you opponent taking 60 damage as well as leaving him asleep, burned and poisoned. such ferocity from such a cute wittle beautifly!! with your opponent now "specially effected", it's time to bring out dustox. both of these have free retreat cost(yay). now, its simply a matter of attaching 1(or 2) energies to dustox to hit with chemical scale. 60 damage each turn. since your opponent is affected by Beautifly's colorful powder, it doesn't take any damage, or effects from your opponent's pokemon!
This deck has two other secondary attackers to finish off your opponent when Beautifly and Dustox have finally been taken care of, and they are Sceptile and Shaymin. Sceptile's attack isn't that bad, and Shaymincan actually turn out to be a set up for Beautifly and Dustox. put her down, attach two energies to Beautifly and Dustox and voila, you do 120 damage and beautifly and dustox are good to go!.
budew....an amazing, overlooked pokemon, which can bring out your big hitters early on.

tso, please read this article and tell me how it is(please sugarcoat any bad comments :biggrin:)

you can't stack wild growth.

according to your strategy, you depend too much on bench support, so duskoir DP or Palkia G LV.X will stop you in your tracks. Pokemon SP are much too fast for your deck, but other than that, you should be alright in the current meta

Marq, very creative, unfortunately I think you are trying to do too much and you prob find you have little consistency.

Due to dustox being psy it is not boosted by sceptile or shaymin lvx. But I do find that Shaymin has good synergy with the deck overall, good starting and good backup, especially if you can keep the special condition on them for 80dmg.
You may consider dropping the sceptile in favor of beefer main lines.4, (2+2), (3+3) or another shaymin, or i give other sugestions below.
Budew maybe a tempting starter, but its low hp makes an easy target. Add some call energy to avoid losing turn 1.
With so many evolution lines, consider 4 candy, or a mix of broken time space stadiums and candy.

I hate to stifle your creativity, after you do some testing, please post back how you find it working.
-5 sceptile etc.
-4 budew
+2 claydol etc. or maybe an uxie
-2 grass
+4 call (will boost you to 14 overall which should be ok)
+1 roseanne
+1 candy
+2 BTS (maybe drop some other stadium as well for 3rd shaymin)
+1 NM/TSD

thanks for the feedbaack :)
and i DID notice that dustox wasn't grass...but it was only, like, three hours after i posted this and my bro was on the comp. anyways, i've decided to change the following:

-4 budew
-sceptile family(line changed to 1-0-1 )meaning -1 treecko, 1 grovyle and 1 sceptile.

+2 Rare Candy
+2 Broken Time Space
+2 Pokemon Rescue
+1 Night Maintenance.

sadly, Roseanne's Research and Claydol are pretty much untraded in my area. people here are selling it for about ten bucks apiece for Roseanne's and 14 BUCKS APIECE for claydols. but frankly, since both are being banned anyway, i really don't wanna spend ca$h on something that might not be reprinted later on.
btw, i need some advice: should i put in a celebi(mt no 7)?
and, should i maybe put in a few cherrim to add to the output of the deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back