Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The INDIANAPOLIS MINI-MARATHON - Thanksgiving Weekend!

kevstoy

The Indianapolis Mini Marathon
Thanksgiving Weekend - Fri-Sun, November, 23-25

3 Days, 3 Championships

[gal=51205]-[/gal]

Professors John, Kevin, and Mike are proud to announce the inaugural Indianapolis Mini Marathon of Pokemon City Championships for 2012-2013!

Mini Marathon Details:
Much like the established "full marathons" held around the country between Christmas and New Year's during City Championships, we'll be hosting 3 back-to-back-to-back City Championships over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend Friday - Saturday - Sunday! So once you've filled your bellies with Turkey and Pie, spend time getting your decks ready, cause we'll have tons of Pokemon battles waiting for you all weekend long.

All of our locations are strategically placed for families and shoppers to make this a great event for all. Each site has onsite/nearby games/activities/food, and minutes from mall shopping for those who still want to Black Weekend Shop! So while some of the family comes and Pokemon battles, the others can get in some early shopping as well!

BIG PRIZES!!!
And these won't be just any City Championships. With Christmas right around the corner, we're planning on jam packing our door prize giveaways at each event. We're still getting all the prizes pulled together but we'll have electronic gadgets such as MP3 players, and blue-ray players, and much more. Also, we'll be giving away Pokemon goodies from Japan like plushies, deck boxes, and more so don't miss all the fun! And I almost forgot, each event will be giving away a:

ANDROID TABLET

That's right, a

ANDROID TABLET

and yes I did say a

ANDROID TABLET
(okay I didn't really almost forget to mention this...)

Here's the Where/When Info:
All events are FREE! to enter!

EVENT #1
Friday, November 23rd (Black Friday)
Tilt Studios, Indianapolis, Indiana
Reg Times: 10am-11am
49 West Maryland Street, Suite 206
Indianapolis, IN 46204
317-226-9267
Circle Center Mall 4th Floor

EVENT #2
Saturday, November 24th
Incredible Pizza, Greenwood, Indiana
Reg Times: 10am-11am
8707 Hardegan St
Indianapolis, IN 46227
(317) 644-0153
By Greenwood Park Mall behind Movies 8

EVENT #3
Sunday, November 25th
Chuck E Cheese – Castleton Location
Reg Times: 9am-10am

5501 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN
(317) 849-7324
By Castleton Square Mall

All event registration close promptly at the stated end time. Players arriving after that time will be given a round 1 loss.

Event Deals:
Each location will be providing their own meal, attraction, or gaming deals as applicable. These offers will be posted here when they get finalized. So stay tuned for more info! For now this is a place holder.

EVENT #1 Tilt Studios - Deals
Double Game Play Deal - Put $10 on a game card get a card worth $20.

EVENT #2 Incredible Pizza - Deals
Food: $6.00 gets you and All Day buffet and Drink Pass.
-- When you buy the All Day Buffet they will give you a Free $1.00 game card for the arcade.
Games: Upgrade your game play for an additional $17.99, you will get:
-- A $25.00 game card
-- Unlimited atractions(bumper cars, go-karts, Putt-Putt, Laser Tag).

EVENT #3 Chuck E Cheese - Deals
Food: $6.00 gets you the Pizza Buffet and Drink
Food + Games: $10.00 gets you the Pizza Buffer + Drink and 30 tokens

Standard Pokemon City Championship Info:
Just in case you need to know:
Entry fee: FREE!!

Format: Modified Constructed. Each player must bring his/her own deck of 60 cards – all cards being within the current format (Black & White through Boundaries Crossed) and a decklist detailing the cards in his/her deck. Deck List Damage counters, randomizer, and status markers are also required.

Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 finishers in each age division.
1st Place – 18 Booster Packs & a Championship Award
2nd Place – 10 Booster Packs
3rd/4th Place – 4 Booster Packs
Additionally, there will be a promo card for everyone (while supplies last).

So come join us!
We're looking to be able to kick of the City Championships in style with a lot of Pokemon fun, great battles, food, and friends. Feel free to post any questions here and we'll be happy to try to answer them. Or if you just want to post and let us know "I'm Coming!" we'll be glad to hear from ya!

Last edited:
Top Cut Comics will be at all three events vending.... We will have all the basic needs for the average player. Sleeves, Deck Boxes, Boosters, Tins, etc... If you need anything special email us at [email protected] before the event.

We will also be buying pokemon bulk...

The pricing listed below is what will be used for these events...

Pokemon Bulk Buy Prices
Bulk Common/Uncommon: $0.0225 ($22.25 per 1000 cards)
Bulk Rare: $0.05 ($50.00 per 1000 cards)
Bulk Foil Common/Uncommon: $0.05 ($50.00 per 1000 cards)
Bulk Foil Rare: $0.05
Bulk Ultra Rare (Prime, Lv. X, Ex): $0.50

We will also have a list of singles we are buying onsite. Why wait till Nationals when you can get extra cash for Christmas?

See you all soon!!!

Jimmy

The start time friday is still TBD. We know you all need to get the info to make your plans appropriately. As soon as it gets confirmed, I'll post and update asap.

I can unofficially say that it will most likely be later morning as we're expecting people to be travelling in that morning. For the same reason we're doing the early start on Sunday, so you all can get on the road home as well.

K

Hey everyone,

I've posted the schedule registration start times for Friday's Cities.

Registration will open at 10am and will close at 11am.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday!

K

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

The Indy Mini is 1 Day away! Looking forward to seeing everyone starting tomorrow!

BTW, I've started a twitter feed of: #pokemonindymini where we'll post updates for all the events!

Would it be possible to record matches from the event? I would like to record the top cut matches if possible. I'll have my equipment with me. I would just need a power outlet to plug my camera into. Thanks!

Hey guys I've got some bad news, Top Cut will not be able to be at the CC on Friday. We will be at the remaining CCs for the weekend. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Just to elaborate on the previous post. My daughter Chelsey and my son James have neen in a car accident this evening. We are currently at the hospital tending to this. Looking like things will be ok, but we have a full night of observation ahead.

I will update as I get more solid info.

I definately have a firm grasp on what I am now thankful for.

Jimmy

Just to elaborate on the previous post. My daughter Chelsey and my son James have neen in a car accident this evening. We are currently at the hospital tending to this. Looking like things will be ok, but we have a full night of observation ahead.

I will update as I get more solid info.

I definately have a firm grasp on what I am now thankful for.

Jimmy

Wow. I'm very glad they're okay. My prayers to your family.

Just a heads up.

My kids got into a serious accident tonight and we are just leaving the hospital. My son and grand daughter are fine with only bumps and bruises. My daughter has torn neck muscles and a concussion.

They were rear ended in a neon by a ford f250 at 50mph. My car is completely totaled and they are extremely lucky to have the minor injuries they sustained.

I appreciate the understanding and I will see you all Saturday.

Jimmy

Our prayers and hopes for a speedy full recovery for everyone as well Jimmy.

For those unable to make it today, follow along with us at Twitter: #pokemonindymini, were going to attempt to stream a tweeted play by play of some of the Masters top cut matches!

Also congrats to Ian L, the junior champ today!

---------- Post added 11/23/2012 at 04:25 PM ----------

We'll be tweeting a live update of the T8 1 vs. 8 matchup Pooka vs. Ethan H. At Twitter: #pokemonindymini

---------- Post added 11/24/2012 at 01:33 AM ----------

Hey Pokemon fans!

Congrats to our winners

Masters: Jason K
Seniors: Parker C
Juniors: Ian L

Apologies to those following our live twitter feed for top cut. Twitter cut me off so ill post the the remaining notes here tomorrow.

See everyone in Greenwood for Day 2!

Prof K

Day 2 Indianapolis Marathon Venue -- Incredible Pizza

Many Thanks to John, Kevin, and Mike for running a top-notch event.

The venue today was the best I've ever experienced for Pokemon... -- fresh food on prem surved buffet style with a fair amount of variety and low cost eliminated the need for a lunch break, more things to do than "just" Pokemon for the kids including rides, Laser Tag, etc... with quieter areas for Poke Parents and TVs with football games and a secure environment for the kids...GREAT experience...

The event ran smoothly from an operational standpoint --- there was the minimum expected extra time between rounds.... and announcements over the loudspeaker system -- a great experience for players.

Many stayed and continued to play Pokemon and other games long after the main playing was over...

You have set quite a high bar for this Marathon. We look forward to attending tomorrow and look forward to what you come up with in the years to come!

Again, THANK YOU....

Phil

(Wes' Dad)

Thanks Phil for the kudos!

Congrats to the Greenwood City Championship winners:
Masters: Scott L
Seniors: Spencer L
Juniors: Joey R

Day 3 in Castleton, IN opens registration at 9am. See everyone there!

K

Congrats to our Castleton, IN City Championship Winners:
Masters: Pooka
Seniors: Josh L
Juniors: Joey R

On behalf of all the organizers and staff we just want to say a big thank you to everyone who came together to put on the Indy Mini Marathon. Special thanks to our venue providers: Tilt Studios, Incredible Pizza, and Chuck E Cheese. Also special thanks to Jimmy & Dave and the Top Cut Comics crew for all the great product they provided during the events!

We had lots of great times, battles, and fun with everyone who attended. Looking forward to seeing many of you at the upcoming Cities and good luck to everyone as they battle in the future!

Prof. Kevin

Last edited:
Back