Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Internet era of the Pokémon TCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

badganondorf

As Pokémon has been around now for a good while under Nintendo’s protection, the game and its community around it has been evolving with as well. The Pokémon TCG has slowly evolved in to the Internet era. First there were Pojo, Pokebeach and Pokegym but in the past 2 years the number of Pokémon TCG site has been increasing steadily. I’ve been searching for Pokémon TCG blogs, sites etc. and I was surprised about the amount of them. There were many sites that I wasn’t even aware of until I started searching; among Sixprizes and Jwitzz’s video blog there were pages like thetopcut, propokemon, team omar, hey trainer and Pokemandan’s videoblog. And I’m sure that I still missed some sites. We also have Pokémon TCG online from the Pokémon officials, which takes the gaming into a whole new level with making the gaming against people all over the World possible from your home computer. Even our beloved 2-time World Champion Jason Klaczynski has just started his Youtube channel, where he is taping the Pokémon Online games he has played.

I think that all these changes are great for the game and I came up with the idea to start my own blog because I have notable success in the tournaments all around the World and I’m not from the U.S. or The Great Britain but immediately started to question myself – is there still room for new Pokémon TCG blogs and websites even though we already have many and many more sites producing good Pokémon TCG information? My answer for this question can be found from my signature.

So what do you think, does Pokémon TCG have space for more blogs and sites that discuss about Pokémon TCG or is the demand already fulfilled? If you’re familiar with these sites in advance what do you think about the quality of them? And do you think that it’s better to have the things spread all over the internet than to be focused on 1 or 2 sites like before?

I like to think that the Pokémon TCG has made some huge steps forward when “updating” itself into the Internet era and I think the all changes are only positive. It may be that some sites have some mediocre or even not that good content from a competitive perspective but they all try to fulfill different missions from the promise to give great content for competitive players, to helping new players. I think all the sites-despite their main mission - serve the purpose that benefits the whole game – they help to grow the game.

Discuss.

There's always room for more quality content. Plus there's a lack of content from Europe, which often has a slightly different perspective and metagame from the US.

Your blog has been really impressive so far, I hope people will support it.

Just like you perhaps haven't discovered all of the various Pokemon sites/blogs out there, someone new may discover yours before others. That means you still have chances to gain loyal readers. There is always room for competition online! All you can do is keep up the good work, provide value, and people will follow you. Good luck.

I agree with the others, you probably have some of the best content I've seen around, period.

There's always room for more blogs, different perspectives are needed in our community. I don't see how a player can grow by only reading a SixPrizes article or just by watching one of J-Wittz's Prof-It episodes. The smart player considers all options and goes to various news sources when making decisions for competitive play.

Good luck and I will continue reading!

I like to see Pokemon grow across the Internet. Resources are most valuable if you want to grow as a player. I am happy to be able to keep up with news and deck builds from across the country. I would liketo see more international sites though.

I really like your blog and i'm from Europe by the way.

I think it's important to get your information from different sources as you can get different points of views from the people sharing the information.

For example, in your case, you seem to be a really good deck builder and it's good that you're from Europe cause we don't have many writers outside the US.

So keep going on your hard work!

Just quick point: nothing says you can't see if any websites want to affiliate with each other or your blog, ya know. ;)

So yeah, plenty of room. Smart networking is also most useful.

Well, considering the official site is noted for its lack of...well, competitive stuff most of the time (I miss the old old days where you had DMTM and others posting up fun deck articles and the like), you pretty much have to go out there for more relevant information, so in that regard you can never have enough online resources.

There is always more room, and as long as people play competitively there will be an audience, especially if you write/record with quality. In addition, it improves the legitimacy of the game, making the competitive game more accessible to everyone. I noticed you have The Deckout in your signature--if you're the author/affiliate of that site, you're well on your way to making a difference in the community! I love what I've read so far : )

It seems that there is a consensus on that there won't ever be enough content - which is of course great, then my blog may have a change of surviving :D And JWittz, yeah it's my blog and I've been pretty much doing it by myself but I will get some Finnish people helping me with it. plaidlesspez has been a great help for me as well, so props to him for that!

I would love to see more sites that I'm not aware of, just like that link to the Singapore's Pokémon site.

JWittz is enterataining and easy to watch, and it's probably all I really take the time to go through because of how easy it is for a lazy guy like me.

SixPrizes is like Magikarp anyway--all it does to defend itself is flop around and you'll never get significant experience from it, while all the while its being sold as gold at exorbitant prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back