Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Last Ride of the Vengeful Velvet Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOW DECK

It loves vengeful emotions and hangs in rows under the eaves of houses where vengeful people live
. - Flavor text of Platinum Shuppet

Given the impending rule change of having to discard plus powers the turn you play them. I thought I would post a fun deck that I reassembled recently. I came back to a very strong deck that can sneak up on people. It actually became very stronger utilizing the junk-arm and seeker, you just have to ignore that trainer lock issue. It will lose to Vileplume, but probably can fight through a spiritomb if it has early energy for Shuppet.

I kept this list really straight forward like. I know I could tech the heck out of it, but it is fast and nasty. (add mesprite, dunsparse, regice, etc.) I might have a newer player come to regionals, and this would work for them as a skeleton.

4 Shuppet (the vengeful one)
4 Uxie
4 Crobats
1 Unown Q

4 Dual Ball
1 Luxball
3 EX Belts
4 Plus Power
4 Energy Search (like them in )
4 Poketurn
4 Junk Arm
4 Poke-Drawer
4 Poke-Dex (area to add in tech)
3 PONT (maybe 1 cynthia)
3 Seeker
3 Judge
2 VS Seeker

4 Psychic Energy

This version is just the get after em version. Seeker and JunkArm make the bat droppings extremely versitile to get to a damage number you might need. If you want Dunsparse not that hard to tech the list for 3 Dunse, 1 Shuppet with 2psy -2cyclone on the energy.

Absent trainer lock, I am doing 100 damage turn 1 depending on how I use my resources. Seriously with 90 on shuppet and 4 bats+4 turns + 4 junk arms +5 seeker gives many many options to create damage to get to the KO number.

SLOW DECK said:
bat droppings

What do the excrements of an insectivore flying mammal have to do with this deck?

But seriously, take out 1 Energy Search, 1 Expert Belt and 3 PONT for 1 Mesprit and 4 SSU. It's not like the deck needs Mesprit, but you run Judge and Seeker anyway, and it's very annoying to play against. SSU is a must for Shuppet/Uxie IMO.

No energy Searches man...

Advice of the above, but idk what Judge is in here for when you need to be able to...not get Judged. Looker's could work.

Also, Memory Berry + Banette for M2X KO.

Also, Unown R engine...?

I obvoiusly know Uxie donk. But this is a deck for a newer player that might make a few mistakes playing the uxie
donk. (Anyone says that a complete NOOB can play Uxie donk is wrong.)

Energy search is great to make sure the person get's the energy, then can "thin"s the deck quicker. If the players skill was better, I would cut the energy count down.

As one sprinking in tech's, Mesprite would be the first. Dunsparse and Cyclone would be the 2nd.

I agree with Banette could be fit, 2nd energy seems easier to find than 1 memory berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back