Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The PSP Go

VortexOne

Whats up with the psp go? i mean they make the best portable system on the market, and then they dont have umd support. i have an old psp-2000 and i want to upgrade to the psp go, but the lack of umd is deterring me. what does everyone think? which is better the 3000, or the go. and should i get the go anyways? Discuss.

I heard somewhere that you can trade your UMD's into Gamestop and they'll give you a code for a free download of that game.

There was a rumor of that, but it hasn't happened...yet. I don't think they will do that.

I heard somewhere that you can trade your UMD's into Gamestop and they'll give you a code for a free download of that game.

I can verify that this is not true as of yet. I work for Gamestop, and nothing has been mentioned to us on our end about this, and I haven't heard any plans for this happening in the near future. Not to say that it won't happen.

The american marketing director of Sony said they were looking into it. HOWEVER, that is NOT HAPPENING. Sony is basically charging $250 for a system with less features that costs more money for the games.

Heres the kicker, since the PSP GO works on the same operating system, the only market it is appealing to is those who pirate their games. If you plan on paying for games, it is MUCH better to get a 3000. You can still download all the apps, games, and whatnot, but your full releases will often be cheaper, and you can sell them to a game store when you are done with them.

If you dont own any UMDs and are going to steal your games, get a PSP Go though.

The american marketing director of Sony said they were looking into it. HOWEVER, that is NOT HAPPENING. Sony is basically charging $250 for a system with less features that costs more money for the games.

Heres the kicker, since the PSP GO works on the same operating system, the only market it is appealing to is those who pirate their games. If you plan on paying for games, it is MUCH better to get a 3000. You can still download all the apps, games, and whatnot, but your full releases will often be cheaper, and you can sell them to a game store when you are done with them.

If you dont own any UMDs and are going to steal your games, get a PSP Go though.

*Goes and get the PSP Go.*

But really, why did they make it suck. It makes no since to charge more for a downgrade.

*Goes and get the PSP Go.*

But really, why did they make it suck. It makes no since to charge more for a downgrade.

because essentially, people are going to buy the PSP Go like crazy just so they can pirate. its too easy.

first night, it was able to run code. 2nd night even more stable. only a matter of time now. :cool:

Yeah, the PSP Go is a fancy shiny hunk of hardware that serves literally zero use to 90% of the gaming world.

I have one of the old school PSPs with the custom OS out the wazoo, and I barely use it as it is. But if the obscenely high price wasn't enough to kill it in my eyes, the fact that you'd have to rebuy all your games just slaughters it for me - they've already confirmed their planned transfer-UMDs-to-new-PSP plan will not happen due to licensing issues (which are fairly obvious - if you could convert the games and then sell them, that's potential profit the publishers aren't getting).

IGN more or less nailed it; if you don't have a PSP and you want one, the Go is an ok (albeit pricey) choice. But if you already have a PSP, there's literally no reason to get one.

this is incredibly incorrect as the majority of gamers who have handheld devices jailbreak/hack/install CFW on their devices.

So you could just buy a vastly cheaper PSP 2000 or 3000, spend the difference on some decent memory sticks, and CFW that one, PLUS have the ability to run UMDs.

My point still stands.

The PSP Go was badly designed and overpriced. Yes, it looks cool, but the controls are bad and the buttons aren't like the PSP buttons, they don't feel right. The analog stick is virtually in the middle and annoying to play with. The PSP 2000-3000 have buttons that feel right and the analog stick is in a spot, where it feels natural.

This is all beside the fact that Sony is now telling you what you're going to pay for each and every game. Then after you buy the game, for full price, you get to wait the couple hours it takes to download it. In that time I could run down to GameStop or Wal-Mart and get the same game on UMD for cheaper, and afterwards resell it.

My guess is that Sony had a couple things in mind when designing the PSP Go; to stop piracy and to make more profit on games.

Only reason I could see someone buying a PSP Go over the past models, is if they travel a lot.

The PSP Go was badly designed and overpriced. Yes, it looks cool, but the controls are bad

Correct! The PSP GO is the PS3 all over again. (Now don't get me wrong: I LOVE my PS2 but Sony has been on something since the birth of PS3 and still has not recovered *or looked at history for pricing their stuff...*) The news reported that COUNTRY'S are refusing to make or produce them (Australia is one) because the UMD is not in it so if does not support video game stores such as GAMESTOP. ALSO...16GB...FOR ALL OF YOUR GAMES?!?!?!? How many games is that? 5 - 6? Even with all your apps? The PSP needed an memory upgrade in order to get more then 2 songs if you want to use that feature...

It's just fancy bling to go with the PS3...

please do not start this into a flame war over the ps3.

also, since when were UMDs ~2.7GB?

Sorry, not trying too but I am comparing it to same mistake Sony did in pricing for the PS3.

If every game was 2,7GB, that is 6 games (rounded up) you can hold on that. Now if they had a system where once you download, you can re-down load then might be some promise....some...

Again, most people are concern it is like the "Wall-e mart" issue and the small business (gamestop, electronic stores) will go down because there is no point in leaving the house.

there was no mistake for the pricing of the ps3. it cost ~ 800 when they were first released, to produce them, they then sold them off at $600, so basically, they lost money every time they produced them.

it was only until recently with new technology/components, that they are now making money for each console produced.

please look these up before saying they (sony) made mistakes.

yes im a sony fanboy, but i do look up stuff before making accusations.

shoot, i dont even own a psp anymore. haha.

i stick with my PC/NDS with R4

just so you know, each UMD at max is only around 1.5GB...with the average being around 500MB. that is a HUGE difference to your "5-6 games" call.

gamestop will not go down considering best buy is most likely going to end up buying them out anyway.

besides, all small stores are losing out to best buy as its the ONLY electronics store in the US that is recognized across the nation.

its crazy...but its progression.

yes, some can argue that the PSP Go isnt necessarily needed, but ppl flock to new things. shoot, for some reason ppl like the psp 3000. idk why, the screen is horrible compared to the old ones.

Back