Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Ralts' battle roadz

The Ralts

I suck at writing these things, but i'll try my best to record each one i go to.

Weekend one: Day one:
First tournament of the season in WA, let's see how i did...
Oh, i played the big turtle. But i found out that dusk ball is crap in this, so i had to play pokeball instead...wow, i fail at this game.

Round one: ?? league'er with random deck.
Just got up a turtle and used his special turtle attacks.

1-0

Round two: ?? league'er with random deck...
same as up there....i'm so good at writing reports =\

2-0

Head to Thriftway for lunch, where i promptly put way too much dressing on my salad and it looks more like caesar dressing with a little salad on top....and Wyatt gets in a hissy fit about going 1-1...

Round three: Quinn W. with frosslass/bronzong
I get out my torterra turn 3 or something, and just sweep up the single frosslass he gets out.

3-0

Round four: Philip B. with frosslass/bronzong/amphy
I can't remember this match much, as it was the only one I had all day that lasted more than a few turns. =[
But I believe it was something along the lines of, whenever he attacks with frosslass, i flip heads/warp, and eventually he runs out of stuff to throw at me. He also had tried to stall with his Flaffy, so i was able to get rid of that before he evolved it, no big ship to annoy me now!

4-0

Top four : Alex B. With tangrowth/sceptile/ leafeon
Game one:
I draw, place basics, and we flip....turtwig VS. baltoy, i attach and do 30, he warp points to make me send up my treeko, and i attach and do ten+weakness for game....

Game two:
This time it lasts a little longer, but i still get t3 or something set up and just sweep.

5-0

Top two: Kenneth N. with GG
Game one:
Can't remember the first one, but i somehow got set up and just killed his single gallade or something.

Game two:
I get up a torterra/sceppy turn four or so, and when he gets a gardy up, i do 100, he lvls up and sends up something to stall while he builds gallade on the bench, and then i warp, do 100 to gallade and 30 to gardy. And then finish up the last couple basics from there.

6-0

Go me...i won...yay...

Props to Shanes card shop, and Thriftway. Even if i do suck at judging the correct amount of dressing to put on.
===================================

Weekend one: Day two:
I wake up early to force my mom to take me to Kirkland sports cards, the most horrible card shop i have ever been too....and yet keep going, just cuz no one else ever goes. The owner there doesn't let people use the restroom in the store, and the TO there thinks it's perfectly fine to go down two blocks and through someones restaurant. Buuuut cuz i'm an idiot, i go there anyway, just for the extra two points or whatever....
Not much point posting the rounds, since all three were against the people who go there for league, with just random decks. I just swept through with AMoo.

Once that was over, and i traded my second victory medal for an uxie lvl X, i headed off too Burien.

Played torterra again, since i thought more people would be there, and i thought one of them was gonna play luxray, but, of course, he wasn't there.

Round one: Henry L. With AMU
I look at my hand, its baltoy, call, grass, RC, pokeball, bebe's, and Grotle..i begin to think evil thoughts.
I go first, draw a grass, and call for turtwig, and treeko. He attaches to his pixie, and does something else i can't remember, and i topdeck RC, heads on pokeball, bebe's, double rare candy, and attach grass to do t2 EQ. I have two grass in my hand, and then topdeck claydol. Then it just goes downhill for Henry and i sweep...I would have lost in a fair game though, so i feel kinda bad...

1-0

Round two: ?? with something else i can't remember.
Aaaaaand my mind is blank, but i just kill stuff with my turtle.

2-0

Round three: Alex B. with tangrowth/leafeon/sceppy
I get litterally NOTHING for a few turns. I eventually get something set up and forest murmur up claydols and sceptiles, but every time i kill the sceptile, he just gets insane draws and rare candies it back. In the end its 2-1 prizes, and i do 60 to a sceppy, while he has a 60 damaged tangrowth on his bench, but i play no bucks or anything, so i can't do 70 to the sceppy so that i could get a double knock out with Vig dash. I stall for a bit with forest murmurs, trying to figure something out. But theres no hope and he just leaf blades my chatot i tried to stall with.

2-1

Round four: Justin R. with some lightning deck, looks like vire/manectric/raichu
I get out a torterra and sweep up random stuff, when i'm at 5 prizes, i had used frenzy plant the previous turn, so i grab the lvlx, thinking that it counts as a new pokemon when i lvl up and removes the frenzy plant effect, but we call the judge over, and i'm wrong. So i Vig dash for the KO, but accidently look at two prizes, we both get a caution, and continue. Other than that, a pretty un-eventful match.

3-1

Round five: Katie F. with frosslass/cress/eevees
This game was horrible, i find out i have both treekos prized, and then proceed to topdeck crap for the longest time, i get out torterra with like two energies on it when she's at 3 prizes, and do knock out one thing, if i had drawn one of the treekos, i mgiht have made a comeback. But i didn't. Cuz i sux. And then i can't really do anything and eventually just lose on prizes.

3-2

Soooo i miss the cut, but if i had gotten in, i probably would have just lost to Henry anyway, and still lose points. Henry proceeds to win against Alex in top two and take the victory medal card.

And of course, the first thing i did when i got home was take out Ts-1 for Azelf. =F
12-2 over the weekend, guess that's not too bad. Should gain a few points...all two per match. >.< why did POP give such low points for BRs??

I'll try to remember more of the matches next week. but i can't promise anything. >.<

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Edited some stuff, spelling mistakes and capitalization errors. I had nothing better to do.

=======================================
Weekend two: Day one:
I build a gliscor early in the morning cuz i was bored, but once i get to the location, i have no idea what to play. Eventually, I decide to play luxray, due to AMUs running around.

Round 1: Henry L.
I was able to swarm my luxrays better than he was, plus the fact that he got a crappy start and didn't shuffle well enough or something, and everything was clumped together.

1-0

Round 2: Zane N. with AMU
Typical luxray vs. AMU game, except he played snowpoint. There was one point in the game where he might have been able to turn it around for a bit, where if he had gotten heads on energy pickup, he would have knocked out my luxray, and then i would be stuck with no energy on any of my bench. I did have an energy pickup in my hand, but I might have gotten tails. Who knows.

2-0

Round 3: Gage R. with sceptile/leafeon
Didn't look like he got that hot of start, so i was able to get semi-set up before he got anything out. Since he couldn't play his leafeon lv x, he didn't really stand a chance. And when he nearly did get his sceptile out, i just warped out the grovyle and did 100 to it.

3-0

Round 4: Steven R. with houndoom/lopunny
He starts with houndour, i start with shinx and baltoy, claydol in hand. I attach and recharge, he does twenty, i topdeck RC, claydol, and then cosmic power for the luxray. BAM t2 100 to a houndour. He sends up his buneary, and evolves to use its collect thingy, and places a houndour on the bench. I proceed to warp out his benched houndours three times, and the one time he did get out a houndoom, i just do 100 to it.

4-0

Round 5: Philip B. with Magmortar
I just set up, and he doesn't get out a magmortar till like turn 6 or so, he did play stark mountain, which became more than a little annoying. But I gained a four prize lead or so and just did 100 to stuff for my last prizes.

5-0

Only 15 people, so it's top 2 >.<

Top 2: Amelia B. wih AMU

Game 1:Baltoy start, get no basics, donked turn 3.

Game 2: Horrible start, I try to get set up, but it's just no use, when i finally do get my luxray (turn 8 or so) and knock out a pokemon, it's already 5-3 prizes. After i finally succeed in knocking out a pokemon, she accidently sends up a mesprit instead of her azelf, but she didn't realize she had done that till after she had drawn. I still let her take it back though, since it's just a BR anyway.

Weeeeeeeell as you can see, I proved that I can lose a 75-25 matchup or w/e it is. Twice. I'm so good at this game.
========

Weekend two: Day 2...
Once again, I have no idea what to play. But once i get to the locale, i see that theres only one person worth meta-gaming for (it was mostly just people that go to league there. so random decks abound). So I just went with a slightly re-vamped luxray from the day before.

Round 1: ?? with armaldo and other fighting pokemon.
I set up fairly fast, and end up taking four prizes with rayquaza. (stupid armaldo) XD

1-0

Round 2: Zane N. with Magnezone
T2 shock bolt, t3 i get two heads on speed gain, and double energy switch to knock out a magneton. And after that he just can't keep up. I'm such a lucsac....=[

2-0

Round 3: Katelynne D. with more random stuff
Just set up and sweep.

3-0

Round 4: Justice C. with absol/magmortar/armaldo
I have a horrible running streak when i face people with absol. He of course grabs the bebe's and some other trainer. But through chatot I eventually got set up and won.

4-0

I go into the top cut of two as first seed, but Zane doesn't make it because of resistance.

Top two: Justice C.

Game one: He takes like three prizes before i get set up, but finally get a luxray out, and start just killing stuff.

Game two:I get a normal set up and just roll through stuff.

Another victory medal for me. yay.
22-3. go me.
=======================
Weekend three: Day 1:
I got some time on my hands,so i'll update for todays BR.

I head in playing kingdra.

Round 1: ?? with emp theme deck.
Just get out t2 kingdra and take all 6 prizes.

1-0

Round 2: Alex B. with gyarados
EW. I manage to get a t2 kingdra, but he just swrams it and KOs it a couple turns later. I realize I have two rare candies prized, just after I used one of my night main's to grab cards OTHER than the seadra in my discard pile...and i procced to topdeck crap for foever, finally getting out a seadra, which he magnetic reversals the next turn. I go through nearly my entire deck over 5 or so turns, and get no rare candy. Eventually, after having used my second NM to get back my seadras, and Alex is now at two prizes, i stumble into a PP seadra attack (whatever its called) for 60 and KO gyarados. I draw a candy from prizes, but I only have 2 horseas left (including the one that is now a seadra). I still manage to bring it down to 1-1 prizes, and i actually would have won if he didn't warp up stuff from my bench. GG

1-1

Round 3: Justin R. with armaldo/hippo
I just play smart with PPs and aqua stream, and he only gets out one or two armaldos, I just sweep.

2-1

Round 4: ?? with some empoleon and random cards.
I started this game with Uxie (I only started with horsea once all day) and used dusk ball and poke radar for like, 2 horseas or something. next turn I evolve to seadra, and I have a kingdra in hand, along with a couple claydol. He uses mars and I lose my kingdra, but i knock out a chinchou with uxie and nab a poke radar from my prizes, using it I get 2 baltoys, and next turn go double claydol and just sweep stuff up from there. He never actually got out and empoleon.

3-1 But I miss the cut to resistance. Sooooo I learned that poke radar really IS horrible. (I always thought it was, but I never actually tried it until today, not even in testing)
And now I gotta figure out something semi-decent to play tomorrow...=\ so much work.
===================
Weekend 3: Day two:
Sooooo I play torterrabad cuz I thought everyone would play luxray counters....yeah...

Round 1: ?? with random stufz
Just roll through with turtle.

1-0

Round 2: ?? withgallade or something.
He gets t3 gallade, and just starts picking up prizes. He only ever gets out two pokemon though, so when hes at one prize I finally knock out the gallade and dusknoir FTW.

2-0

Round 3: Wyatt W. with leaf/mag
Type advantage. Nuff said.

2-1

Round 4: Steven R. with bellossome
He gets a torterrabad start, and after he picks up two prizes from an aggro bell, that pretty much ensures the game for me, as I can forest murmurs and kill his budding claydols and stuff.

3-1

Round 5: Quinn W. with bellossome
This round was absolutely terribad...He gets t2 bellossome, and then topdecks everything he needs, while I take no prizes. I also cycle through most of my deck and get no rare candies for like 3 turns. When he was down to 1 prize, I might have had a chance, as I could have gotten torterra lv X, the brought up his benched bell and KOs his vileplume with 3 energy's and100 damage on it,then he would be left with nothing, and I could proceed to sweep. But he flips heads 3 turns in a row with disturbing pollen, and I roll tails on sleep.

3-2

Weeeeeell so now I'm 28-6 record, should still gain points this weekend...I hope. I think 6-3 gains points...barely.
But I did get to trade for a 4-2-3 gengar line, so im all happy now.

I found out I do get to go to one more BR next weekend, since my flight out isn't till late, I gotta ween one more!
And apparently Alex went on to win in finals VS. leaf/mag in T4 and bellossome in T2. Gratz.
==================================
Weekend 4: day 1
Kiiiinnnggggdddrrrraaaaaaaa.

Round 1:?? with random psychic stuff
T3 or something kingdra, I just kill stuff for game.

1-0

Round 2: ?? with empoleon or something.
I do horseas second attack, she pecks, I do horseas attack again. She evolves and does ten to everything, I finally get candy and do 60 for game.

2-0

Round 3: Amelia B. with Rhyperior
I get a torterrrabad start, and she takes a couple prizes off seadra and uxie before I get anything substantial out. But after that I start picking up prizes, and don't waste my Plus powers.

3-0

Round 4: Steven R. with luxray.
He goes first and calls, I get my first T1 kingdra today :D After I start taking prizes he just can't recover, and at the end he barely takes one prize.

Top 2: Steven R.
Game 1: He gets a not so good start, and I pull out another T1 kingdra, and T2 I have another one, as well as claydol. He scoops after a bit.

Game 2: T2 kingdra or something, his start sux. Once he does get something out and start KOing kingdras, I get insane draws and always have one or two to replace it. =/ GG

Yaaaaay me I won 4 out of 8 BRs...although one of the tourneys was only 3 rounds against theme decks >.>
33-6 as my ending record, too bad that I could get more than that from one weekend of cities.....
And since Im not able to go to sundays tourney, Zane takes the win putting him 10 points above me. Even though Terry hasn't put saturday up yet, I still think ill be behind Zane a couple points or so. (can I make 10 points by winning 5 rounds?) And is there some bonus points you gain by winning?

Wish they would make the BR points 8 again :(

Last edited:
Awesomesauce job! Thanks a bunch for letting me take back my uber stupid misplay! :) I wish we could've had better games in the top two.

Jeff: thanks for the support. I hope i do well too. XD lol
Ashinto: thanks.
Amelia: Awsomesauce? I'll have to add that one to my list =P
great job on winning though, even if our finals games were a little off. lol

Last edited:
I suck at writing these things, but i'll try my best to record each one i go to.

Round four: Justin R. with some lightning deck, looks like vire/manectric/raichu
I get out a torterra and sweep up random stuff, when i'm at 5 prizes, i had used frenzy plant the previous turn, so i grab the lvlx, thinking that it counts as a new pokemon when i lvl up and removes the frenzy plant effect, but we call the judge over, and i'm wrong. So i Vig dash for the KO, but accidently look at two prizes, we both get a caution, and continue. Other than that, a pretty un-eventful match.

3-1

I did not think you were wrong, now I have found the proof for future games if you decide to keep playing that deck.

JuarezSuperStar

Torterra's Frenzy Plant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering, if a Torterra uses Frenzy Plant and on the next turn it levels up, can it use Frenzy Plant again?
Thanks in advance.

JuarezSuperStar
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JuarezSuperStar
Find More Posts by JuarezSuperStar
Add JuarezSuperStar to Your Buddy List

06/22/2008, 07:59 PM #2
PokePop
Administrator

MAP Yes, leveling up removes all effects

=o
Cool, thanks for looking that up. Now i can spam frenzy plant FOREVER!

...or did they change the ruling for that after worlds or something? i'll have to go ask someone.

=o
Cool, thanks for looking that up. Now i can spam frenzy plant FOREVER!

...or did they change the ruling for that after worlds or something? i'll have to go ask someone.

No rule change has taken place. Think about it. When you level up that level x rule clearly states that leveling up removes all special conditions and status effects that were on the pokemon that leveled up. This rule means that all effects and statuses are removed, regardless if they were put on you by your opponent or by your own actions (Like putting your active to sleep with Wigglytuff's Power, you can then wake yourself up by leveling up your active pokemon). And as Frenzy Plant puts an effect on Torterra the Level X removes that effect allowing you to use Frenzy plant on consecutive turns. Likewise you can also use frenzy plant on consecutive turns without leveling up if you switch Torterra to your bench, which also would remove the Frenzy plant effect, and then retreat and bring torterra back to the active spot, allowing you to use Frenzy plant twice in a row.

Last edited:
Psh the only reason we didn't do so well was because we were distracted by all the other awesome puzzles and games there. :p Do you know what BR you're going to next weekend?

Yeah....That had to have been the reason. =D
I'll try my plan of slipping the judges a twenty so that they'll let me use Gengar, and if that doesn't work, I'll play this deck. (I'll be goin' to Game Matrix)

4 ditto

4 quick ball
4 roseanne's
4 pokedex
4 plus power
4 snow point
4 bucks

4 call
4 health
3 of each basic energy

I'm soooooo gonna win with this.

Last edited: