Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Ralts' Bee Ars Thread (Final BR Updated)

The Ralts

After a stupid month wait between Regionals and Battle roads, I can finally play pokeymanz competitively again. =D
...With 4 K value...

So before I start griping about the K value, I'll just start writing this crap.

Note: As I update with new events, I'll be posting them at the bottom. So you'll have to actually scroll down to find them. D=

====================================
(For this first weekend my memory is definitely blurry. Three days of pokemon is a lot to remember >.>
For the next weeks though i should be able to type it up day of, so my memory will be a lot clearer. So forgive me for now!)
Weekend 1
Day 1

I knew that mah friend Zane was playing Infernape with a turtwig tech, which he thought would make himself safe from kingdra. I decided to prove him wrong. I think kingdra was the best all around play, but taking out crobats and skuntank for a blaziken line really hurt consistency, and he was pretty useless throughout the event. =\

Round 1: Random
Annoying kid who aged up this year. >.>
I get a terrible start, and don't get setup until like turn 4. Then I have no energy until turn 6 or so. Buuut since he just has a few basics, it doesn't really matter. >.>

1-0

Round 2: Zane N. W/ Infernape SP
He starts with the stupid turtwig, so I can't even get an early lead. =\
But I get a ok start, and after both of us have a few turns of drawing dead, but eventually I set up blaziken with a couple energy. That scares his turtwig off and I just one shot everything else with kingdra. GG

2-0

Round 3: Amelia B. W/Gallade SP
I thought I would have a decent matchup against this, but the world decided to hate me. =( I get some crap start and try to set up. After a few turns I get a kingdra out and start attacking Gallades, but she uses poketurn 4 turns in a row and basically just destroys my field. GG

2-1

Round 4: Ian W. W/Beedrill
He's junior, so I felt pretty mad at the stupid computer for giving me a round where I couldn't even try to make up the points I lost. >.> All two of them.
Aaaanyway. We both set up, and I began attaching to my blaziken tech in my spare time. he played two of each beedril and 4 night maintenance, so he wasn't able to constantly retreat for new ones. I force him to keep burning NMs as he kills of kingdras, and it comes down to 2-2. I have a kingdra up which he kills, and I kill him with Blaziken's first attack when he flips tails on burn. He has one NM left, but can't get out his last beedril because his final rare candy was the last prize. I do 130 to a beedrill's face for game. GG

2-1 in points >.>

Sooo the above game really didn't matter at all. Ian still won Juniors and I still didn't make top 2. >.>
I moped around a bit and played AoE 3 on Alex's DS with Zane while waiting for him and Amelia to finish playing their finals games. And I convince Wyatt to go to the tournament on Sunday, since originally he wanted to go do homework. I'm such a good friend.

Afterwards I stole Zane away to mah house where I made Gardy/Weavile for the next day. He liked it, and copied it. But he put in a psychic connect gardevior, which I had doubted the usefulness of. Oh how naive I was...=(

=========
Weekend 1
Day 2

So with Zane in tow we head out to Burien. Zane has to borrow a few cards since he made the deck at my place, where I only had enough for one deck. We had pretty much decided we were just using the events as testing for trying out new decks. Hence the no testing beforehand. =P

And Greg played WAILORD. You cannot fathom it's power.
....No really. The dang thing never dies. =(

Round 1: ?? With blastoise
I get a pretty crappy start, and he sets up a blastoise like turn 2 or 3. I gradually get up weavile and darkness cahrge some stuff, and he snipes a couple things with double launcher. he never got out delcatty, and just discarded the top 3 every time. he still got at least one energy ever single time though. =\
So once I set up and start fighting back, he can't really do anything. I don't get a gardy up until he has like 15 cards total in his hand and deck. So i just clean up with gallade and stuff. =\ GG

1-0

Round 2: Zane N. W/Mirror
Of course I get to play the mirror so round two. =(
Soooo I get a pretty crappy start to his good one, and he sets up faster then I do. His field gets more developed while I flounder a bit, and when he starts attacking he just sweeps me. I try to put up a fight but it's not really any use. The psychic connect gardy really tipped the balance in his favor as well. GG

1-1

Round 3: Philip B. W/ Shiftry
He only gets out one shiftry and another nuzleaf. >.> he kind of dies. GG

2-1

Round 4: Wyatt W. W/ Walrein (wth)
He had decided to come at about 10 aclock the night before, and refused to call ahead to have people bring Floatzel lv. X for him. So when he got there every single person who ahd one was playing it, so I just had him throw in a fourth BTS and skuntank to fill the spots.
I get a horrible start, with 2 dark which I have to waste in the first couple turns. That pretty much set me back for the rest of the game. When i get a weavile out I can only shadow charge once, and he gets out Walriein turn 3 or so and starts attacking. I somehow damage one I believe, and then I bring up gardy with 2 Special darks to kill something. Then he discards one of the darks, and I can only do 70 to him the next turn. Then he discards my last one, causing me to go down to 60 damage. Meaning I can't KO him >.>
I can't remember it that well, but I think I do psychic lock for 60 to his walrien, putting it at 10 left. Then he has an energy drought for a couple turns, since he had a two card hand and was psychic locked. Him getting unlucky with energy was pretty much the sole reason I was able to get back in the game. It gives me time to cahrge up something else while I stall without knocking out his Jirachi. (If I did he could search his deck for a energy/rose/whatever) And time is called at 3-3. I do....something and he can't kill me. I bring down for game I think.
This game was a lot more tense on the nerves then it seems, but that's because my memory is so pathetic. >.<

3-1

Soooo I miss cut yet again. And have gone 5-2 so far over the weekend. But because WA is so cool, we get a tournament on Monday too. =D
I have a chance to make up for my crappy W/L ratio!

I was originally supposed to have dinner with my dad or something boring like that. But luckily he cancels and I get to go to the Bradford's BBQ thingy! =D
....and get chased at first by moms with squirt guns, and then by Alex and several other people. =( I was one of the only three people to never get a weapon. =l
No chance to fight back.
And this also allows me to have a reason to go to Zane's place for the night, and his dad'll drive me to the tournament the next day. Giving my cranky mom some time to herself.

=======
Weekend 1
Day 3

Zane and I decide to test another version of Gallade, with some fodder and uppers instead of Weavile/dark. He puts in 2 unown Gs, while I only put in 1. I didn't think we'd need them at all, but Zane insisted on having them jsut incase. I guess it paid off in the end... =o
The fodder we used was absol. Which I knew from the start was a bad idea on my part. I have the worst luck with absol you can imagine. When (if) I start with it, I always hit the energy or something random, but when it's used against me I always lose whatever matters most. >.> You wouldn't believe how insane my (bad) luck is with that card.

Round 1: Amelia B. W/ Gengar
=0 So Trusting Zane about the unown Gs actually paid off. The game goes basically how I expected it would. She gets like a 3 prize lead while I set up, but eventually I get gallade, gardy X with unown G, and nidoqueen along with an absol she never killed. I keep trainers out of my hand by telepassing bebes, and she can't really hurt me as the damage just gets healed off soon enough by nidoqueen anyway. I manage to make a comback and take the next 6 prizes beforw time is called. >.> Close game. And given enough turns (if her last energy wasn't prized) she would have been able to kill my absol sitting on the bench, so I wouldn't have an eternity to pull through. GG

1-0

Round 2: Jake S W/Lightning energy
I finally start with absol, and I face someone who runs next to no trainers? So I get set up, and he only got a raichu out, which if I had just waited a turn to power up my gallade, I would have been able to insta-kill. But noooo I have to go and use wager giving him a bunch of other basics and two pokehealers and dragging the game on forever. >.>
I eventually win though...GG

2-0

Round 3: Zane N. W/ Mirror
here it comes...he starts with absol and I have only one supporter in hand. I'm prepared for him to hit it and I scoop on the spot, but he hits two other useful cards which I would need later, but I can at least set up! he just keeps absol up front and develops his field better then me, since I had all my good cards discarded with absol. I'd really prefer not to remember this game too much, as it was sooo incredibely in his favor because of pure dumb luck. >.> Many instances were like this: I was wagered into having NM, gardy which i needed, and psychic energy. Which did he grab? The NM and gardy of course. he would always hit the best cards. I barely managed to get my second NM and set up a gardy though, but he still had a huge advantage. I also had four energy prized and he was discarding them from my hand left and right. Time was called at 3-3, and I might have been able to pull it off if I had just had a few more energy during the game. But instead he just one shots my gardy after getting the energy he needed from winning a wager. Ah well. I played the best I could with what i had. GG
TL;DR I hate mirror.

2-1

Round 4: Justin H. W/ Flygon/Yanmega/Ampharos
I start with absol....and never hit anything good...
He gets an uxie t2 or so, but doesn't pull anything of of it. After he kills my absol t2 with his trapinch, I start my sweep with an upper. He never actually gets anything set up, and I just take my six prizes at my leisure. When he does get a flygon I just one shot it. =\ Sorry. GG

3-1

So we weren't sure who was gonna make it in finals, there was Zane as 4-0, and me and Katelynn at 3-1 each. We both lost to Zane, but no one was sure who had the better resistance. Zane REALLY did not want to play the mirror again, and neither did I. So he decided to drop and not chance losing any points for the day.

Turns out I was a bit above Katelynn in resistance anyway, so it was a good thing he dropped.

Top 2: Katelynn D. W/ machamp
Game 1: Apparently she had forgotten to put candy in the list, so that put her at a disadvatage. I was a little scared after seeing Zane barely win against her in the final round when she pulled t2 3 uxie, claydol, and 2 champs out. But she only got a decent start and I stalled while killed a ralts and absol. I frantically search through my deck trying to get upper, and 2 of them, plus a ralts, and my azelf were all prized. I finally manage to pull it off when she has 3 prizes left, and knock out a machamp by flipping four prizes with gallade. Then she has to level up another machamp to KO gallade, and I sweep the rest of the game pretty easily with Gardevior after one-hitting the Level X.

Game 2: I guess she had like everything prized this game. =\ I never saw her use a night maintenance, and she only got out like 2 machamps. I just swept through with gardy. Sorry. =( GG

So absol was pretty pointless the whole day. I'm definitely not ever playing him again >.<
So I finish the weekend with an 8-3 record, which I suppose is still a couple points. Since two of my losses were to the only guy above me in rankings, I'm not going to lose too much. (Oh god I could lose like four points!) I just want to gain about 10 points total to push me over 1900 by the time nats rolls around.

And I at least won one. So I don't feel all sour grapey about the weekend as much.

P/S for the first weekend! =D Best part.
Props:
Gardevior.
Wailord.
Kingdra.
Llama duck/Hippo/whatever the heck it was.
The llama song.
The Obama Llama song.
Points. =o
Zane for dropping.
At least winning something...

Slops:
Very little points...
ABSOL.
Sour grapes.
Sour grapes about ABSOL.
Bad luck.
Bad memory.
Me being too lazy to type all my thoughts for the weekend. I swear I'll be better next time. =(
ABSOL.

==================================================
Weekend 2
Day 1

I knew that there was only going to be one non-random person in seniors that day, so i just played Dialga G because I had it on me at the time.

Not on to my exciting report!

5 seniors. 3 rounds with no top cut. Oh joy. D:

Round 1: ??
Theme deck I think...I have turn two second strike and kill two little pokeymanz.

1-0

Round 2: ??
He gets like five mulligans before starting with a wurmple and two eevees. I get turn two second strike and mow through stuff. D:

2-0

Round 3: Katie F. W/ KECLEON
She starts with kecleon, goes first, and attaches. I have skuntank start, topdeck stadium to poison her, and call for baltoy/dialga. She goes, and attaches and passes again. I Topdeck bronzong I think? And cyrus for energy gain, attach to dialga, play uxie for four cards and get the poketurn. Second Strike donk ftl. :(

3-0

Sooo I get my medal and pull crap from my packs. >.>

=========
I was originally gonna play my Wailord deck, but I thought one person was playing tyranitar. That reaaaallly threw me off that path.

So i paly Dialga instead, since it has like, no bad matchups.
During the top 2 I finally realize I didn't put blissey in. =D I'm so pro.

Round 1: Philip B. W/ Shiftry
I have bronzong start and call when i go first. He has seedot stall start and uses harden after grabbing baltoy and darkrai with rosey's. I galactic swith the call to my dialga and play HQ + skuntank to poison him. Poketurn the bronzong and start deafening. he eveolves to nuzleaf the next turn, and when i kill that he never gets anything else out really. One shiftry, but I killed the the moment it set foot into the active position. GG

1-0

Round 2: Katie F. W/ Kecleon.dec
I get an insaaaaaanely bad start, and end up draw passing for like 8 turns. Topdecking an azelf along the way to get out a baltoy. She gets some pokemon out, and starts attacking, but can't get set up very well. When I finally get a second energy, I KO her active flareon with 2 damage on it from HQ, and take my bebe's from prizes. Obviously that turn I then topdeck another bebe's. >.> Once claydol is out I get dialga X and shut off her whole deck. =\ GG

2-0

Round 3: Amelia B. W/ Gallade 4
I can't remember the game that well, but she gets like nothing while I power spray and take four prizes. Using up my poketurns while at it. When I'm down to two prizes she starts breaking out the poketurns and SSUs. I gotta do lots o' math to make sure I won't die, but I'm way to far ahead for it to really matter. GG

3-0

Round 4: Wyatt W. W/ Walrein
I get a bronzong + baltoy and call start, and topdeck Power Spray. =D
I call for skuntank and dialga, power spray his T1 walrein, and he kinda dies after that. GG

4-0

Top 2: Amelia B. W/ Gallade 4
Game 1: I get a terribad start. (Though not quite as bad as round 2) But I get bored on the second turn and decide to kill a baltoy with my unown G start. But she has another one anyway. =( After I bebe's away my only energy and then she power sprays my cosmic for the turn, I scoop. I had to waste the first three turns of energy attachments, which really set me back.

Game 2: She gets a pretty crappy start this game, and after I take two prizes and her field is just messed up she scoops. I <3 Power Spray.

Game 3: So since the others finished in like 15 minutes, I figured we had plenty of time for this one. I had the advantage from the start, and after the gallade X and two gallades were in the discard I deafened for a couple turns, then when she finally sent up the gallade I just killed it. She scooped soon after. =( GG

So I went 8-0 throughout the weekend, which should give me plenty of points to boost above 1900, which was my goal for BRs. Now I just need to not lose it during the last two weeks.

/sigh.
Props:
Happy Sea Slugs!
Dialga <3
Power Spray.
Points. :D

Slops:
Wyatt's 60s pants. Hippie. </3
No T1 Deafen.
Me always going second when I wanted first, and first when i wanted second. >.>
[DEL]Mippo.[/DEL] Llama Duck.
Very little points. D:

==========================================
Weekend 3
Day 1 (Sunday)

I had like 5 different decks built and I was playing around with each one, but I got bored the day beofre the tournament and decided to play dialga again. But then I thought about how I had played it both days last weekend, and though people would be teching for it or playing fire. So instead I made Dialga/Palkia. Go me.

Round 1: Kyle W. W/Scizor
He gets turtwig GL start to my palkia. I waste a few turns powering up a dialga and then kill it, and all he has left is a scyther.

1-0

Round 2: Khaz W/ Dusknoir
I get a pretty bad start, but get chatot in opening hand. :D I mimic for like 4 turns in a row while he gets up a dusknoir and starts using night spin. He takes like 2 prizes before I set up a palkia with 3 energy and a G'd claydol. I pretty much roll him from there. He also kept using shadow command which always let me one shot dusknoirs >.>
His level X was also prized I believe.

2-0

Round 3: Steven R. W/ Beedrill
I pray for T1 deafen and get a dialga + palkia start. I then topdeck metal, and roseannes for uxie and baltoy, and after draining my hand a bit set-up for 4 cards. Last card is energy gain. =D
I can't remember the details, but he had a bunch of stuff prized. (He drew the most important ones first though =[) And I got ahead by three prizes before he fully set up. But then he was just rolling through mah poor pokeymanz while I struggled to take my last couple prizes. It comes down to 1-1 but I manage to hydro-shot for my last prize. Great game.

3-0

Round 4: Wyatt W. W/T-tar
T2 deafen I believe, against his weavile. He puts all four special dark on one larvitar, which never evolves. I get out palkia whilst still deafening so that he can't eveolve and I can eventually hydro-shot that larvitar. I lost cyclone and he gets rid of his claydol and uxie, and then a couple turns later I drop crobat + double poketurn to kill his active larvitar with 20 on it, and then hydro shot the benched larvitar. He concedes at that. =P

4-0

So we're all trying to figure out who wants to drop, but then top 2 is called before we can decide, and it's me and Steven in top 2. I REALLY don't want to play beedrill again, as it's pretty much and auto-loss. I ask if i can still drop and the judges say yes. W00t. i don't lose my points. =D
Wyatt gets steamrolled by Steven in the finals, so everyone went home happy. (Well, except for Wyatt, but, no one really cares about him)

Props:
Mesprit. :DDDD (best card evar)
Lone Star Power Spray.
Chatot.
Zane for winning in Easter WA with WAILORD. >:D
Greg for coming in second with a cool deck.
Steven for playing Beedrill. (just cuz)
4-0 record. After being like .31 from 1900 last weekend I can finally achieve my goal this time. >.>

Slops:
Quinn being unjustly prosicuted and kicked out. >=O (I express my displeasure by way of this smiley. Rawr!)
Not being able to play Wailord because people played counters. (On purpose even) >=(
People I don't like.
Tropical skittlez for being boring after a bit. Shoulda gotten the sour ones. </3

=========================================================
Weekend 4
Day 1

I was gonna play gengar today, since my friend was going to play infernape, but he apparently didn't show, so I got to play my dialga list again. =D
I love that deck. <3

Round 1: Bye.
No points. Fail. QQ.

1-0

Round 2: Liam ? W/gengar/machamp/houndoom
I get a decent start, and he only gets out one gengar, which I kill with dialga + poison. I also G'd my claydol and skuntank.

2-0

There's a Taco bell down the street. W00t. Me and Steven go down there and git some tacos.

Round 3: Gage R. W/ Machamp/Mismagius SF
He gets uxie start to my toxicroak + baltoy. He goes and does 40. I get a dialga out and start attaching to it, and he does another forty to toxicroak. I poketurn and deafen. He still has nothing and I second strike for game next turn. :(
He also had two claydols prized apparently.

3-0

Round 4: Steven R. W/Beedrill
I have the T1 deafen in hand. But I go first. Obviously. >.>
But he gets a kinda bad start, and when my turn comes around again he's played a few trainers, but didn't get anything from them. I start deafening and never let up. With HQ + poison + deafen it didn't take to long to kill beedrills/kakunas/weedles.

4-0

Top 2: Steven R.
Game 1: I go first with T1 deafen ready, but he has a really bad start and no trainers. I start deafening/poisoning him and just slowly go through his little pokeymanz.

Game 2: He decides to go second, and gets 3 beedrills set up T1. QQ

Game 3: I get a god start consisting of HQ, Skuntank, Special Metal, Dialga, Energy Gain, Power Spray, and some random trainer. Then topdeck Cyrus.
He kind of dies.
Good games. :D

And I pull a surfing pikachu. =o
I had also traded Steven my original surfing pikachu for a flying one. I love the flavor text on it. =D
Tomorrow is inc.
================
Weekend 4
Day 2

With one BR left, I decided to play something random, and i had a luxray/infernape deck built. So I go with that.
My memory is a little shot. Oh well.

Round 1: Bye. Again. QQ.

1-0

Round 2: Alex B. W/ Tyranitar
I get an infernape start, and he has uxie and a bunch of other stuff prized. I go through and kill a few basics. Sorry. :(

2-0

For lunch I head out towards samiches with Steven only to find out they closed the place. D:
So we can either eat Tacos again at the place right next to the store, or walk a few minutes to the Wendy's. We flip a coin and Wendy's it is.
I finish eating and bug people til the next round is posted, and I have to play the mirror. :(

Round 3: Zane N. W/Infernape/Luxray
We're both playing the same lists with like a 2-3 card difference. He gets a crap start while I plow through stuff with my much better one. I get a 3 prize lead or so, and he mounts a small come back, but time is called. We play it out and I would probably win anyways though. GG
Mirror makes me head hurt.

3-0

Round 4: Steven R. W/Palkia
He gets T1 mesprit lock on me to my infernape start, and he takes 6 prizes quick enough. The two times I finally take a prize he just one-shots me with the promo toxicroak. I hate that card. QQ
GG

3-1

Aaaaand it's me and Steven in the finals. I call dibs on the winning side of the table before he can take it, and we sit down to start shuffling.
Zane decides it's his purpose in this world to do commentary on the matches. God help us all.

Top 2: Steven R.
Game 1: He gets a reaaaaally crappy start to my aggro luxray, I take like 3 prizes or something and he scoops. =\ Finished in like 5 minutes.

Game 2: He gets a semi-decent start, but I get a really good hand and get to spray his first mesprit drop. =( His palkia X is prized, and I spray his azelf drop. Then I proceed to roll through some pokemon since he has no bench room to maneuver. He plays it out well and comes close to winning, but I'm just to far ahead by the time he finally gets his palkia X. (His fourth prize) And he misses his last power spray and last mesprit so I can just crobat + poketurn and then fire spin for my last prize on his palkia. If he had gotten either then I probably would have lost, as infernape was my last attacker on the field. GG
=( You woulda won those games if not for the crappy luck.

After the tournament I have Steven send my his list so i can ninja it and test it for nats. I'm so good at this game. :D

And then Zane and I are forced to accompany Wyatt and Amelia to some oriental restauraunt for her birthday. Closest thing to american food I find on the menu is a chicken sandwich, so i get that. And people say I'm picky about my food.

Props:
Brownies. =o
Lotsa victory medals for me to sell. When I work up the energy to actually do it, that is. >.>
Steven for letting us ninja his deck. :D
Greg for playing mamoswine

Slops:
Greg getting donked twice with mamoswine and missing the cut. =(
Luck determining almost all my games today. :/

Even though BRs are over nats is in two weeks. I gotta actually start testing. =[

Last edited:
Hey, David, if Wailord's so amazing, how'd I two hit KO it with such ease? ;PP *SHOT*

Interesting about the reattempts to use Gardevoir though... Might I suggest you look at a few of the newer lightning pokemon as your fodder, though? Seems like setting up easier sweeps (spread's not dead, 'cause Nidoqueen doesn't exist XD) is a good thing, yes?

Hey, David, if Wailord's so amazing, how'd I two hit KO it with such ease? ;PP *SHOT*

Interesting about the reattempts to use Gardevoir though... Might I suggest you look at a few of the newer lightning pokemon as your fodder, though? Seems like setting up easier sweeps (spread's not dead, 'cause Nidoqueen doesn't exist XD) is a good thing, yes?
Because tyranitar isn't real. It's just a figment of your imagination that you were able to use that evil card to kill wailords. >.>

I liked the utility of the fodder/upper version more then weaviles, and thought about replacing absols with other random basics, but never actually stopped to think about what to replace 'em with.
Now that I think about it, raichu seems like a really good idea...it would help with the damage problem of not having any darkness/plus power.
Of course, if more people start playing nidoqueen then like you said this all goes down the drain....=\

You know what, I'm gonna play Walrein again just so I can be Wyatt W. W/ Walrein again. Wyatt W. W/ Wailord might work too. . . .

Oh, and gratz for the pretty good BRs.

You forgot to do props and slops so you couldn't mention my super cool pants. </3 Gratz for your second BR win of the season though.

Gratz. on winning again. You best be doing those props and slops. Oh and I will make sure you are at least a tiny bit under 1900 after Battle Roads end.

You forgot to do props and slops so you couldn't mention my super cool pants. </3 Gratz for your second BR win of the season though.
Happy? >=l
And it's mah third BR. Nub.

Gratz. on winning again. You best be doing those props and slops. Oh and I will make sure you are at least a tiny bit under 1900 after Battle Roads end.
If you do that I will come to your house and wreck your computer/music player/electronics. Just FYI.

Back