Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The return of the Cat Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagrineth

Based on the new DP3 spoilers out - the return of one of the most... absurd decks of the past few formats. List is probably crap, I haven't really done deck building in a while so I'm rusty as heck.

Pokemon (21):

2x Squirtle
1x Wartortle
2x Blastoise DP3
3x Skitty
3x Delcatty PK
3x Magnemite
3x Magneton PK
4x Corsola DP3

Trainers (23):

4x TV Reporter
4x Castaway
4x Celio's Network
3x Professor Rowan
3x Rare Candy
2x Switch
3x Windstorm

Energy (16):

12x Water
4x Lightning

Strategy: Set up MagCat combo as fast as possible. Draw through deck. Get all your W energy in hand. Set up a Blastoise, dump all your Water energy down. Watch opponent cry as Magneton does way, way, WAY too much damage for a stage 1 pokemon.

Relevant spoilers:

---------------------------------------- CORSOLA

Corsola L.32 – Water – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Everybody Gather: Search your deck for 3 Basic Pokemon of different types, and put them on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[W][C] Spit: 30 damage.

Weakness: Grass (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

----------------------------------------- BLASTOISE

Blastoise L.52 – Water – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Wartortle

Poke-Power: Water Dip
You can use this Power once during your turn; using this Power ends your turn. Choose any number of Basic Water Energy in your hand and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[W][W][C] Hydro Pump: 50 damage. This attack does an additional 20 damage for each Water Energy attached to Blastoise that isn’t used to pay for the attack’s cost. Extra energy after the second doesn’t count.

Weakness: Lightning (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Holon circle ftw dude. Blastoise is a beast, but I like Swampert ex + Scramble alongside the other cards you listed. Echo draw is a funny power too, but a useful one (as you can only use 1 energy attavhing power per turn). Plus the CG Swampert that has it can KO delcatties and things. Swampy ex can take down Infernape (though he doesn't like scrambles, so bounce 'em back before you evolve). There's a lot of potential there, simply needs to decide on a big hitter.

Magneton's restriction to basics is so lame even if he can abuse scramble and boost (boost doesn't work with swampy ex's power of course) for a +30. Keep in mind that Delcatty works with special energies too.

Budew would seem the best starter as it has no need for nrg therefore doesn't suffer from having them in your starting hand and no basics, though Tauros is masively tempting.

Or maybe Swampy ex + Darkrai LvX? Just broke the format.

Swampert ex only attaches 3 energy per turn. Magneton is the intended main attacker for most matchups... Swampert would change the strategy of the deck around completely.

I'm not looking for a total deck conversion, I'd rather have help in fixing this one, thanks.

edit: and as cool as Holon Circle is, it'll just get Windstormed, and Windstorm is far more important to this deck for removing C.Crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back