Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has ever just wanted to donk the crap out of someone, but i'm kinda feeling like it right now.

Ideal: Start with Pachi. Claydol out. Set up. Togetkiss energy on Ho-oh. Flip heads OHKO EVERY thing. Get out more togekiss, more Ho-oh. Flip heads.

19 Pokemon
3 Togekiss
1 Togetic
3 Togepi
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy
3 Ho-oh
3 Pachi
1 Tauros
1 Celebi *

25 Trainers

4 Rare Candy
2 Super Scoop up
3 Crystal Beach
3 Warp Point
3 Bebe's
3 Roseanne's
3 Wager
3 Night Maint
1 Master Ball

16 Basic Energy
2 FireEnergy
2 WaterEnergy
2 GrassEnergy
2 LightningEnergy
2 PsychicEnergy
2 FightingEnergy
2 DarkEnergy
2 MetalEnergy

Last edited:
-1 Regular dice and/or coin

+1 two-headed coin

In theory, this SHOULD give you more head flips for your power. I would suggest using some sort of exotic coin as well, not something like a quarter that could be easily recognized as 2 sided. Or, get a coin like they use for the Super Bowl coin toss. There is so much on each side, how can anyone know if you flipped heads or not? Only you could know.

Why would you play Bebe's Search instead of Celio's Network when you don't play any EX cards?

yeah 4 rare candy seems important a big part of playing togekiss it to lucksac a t1, t2 togekiss and donk your opponent

one question i have to everyone that plays ho-oh togekiss together, is why ho-oh? Magmorters attack does the same exact thing execpt you only need one type of energy, plus it has higher hp, can attack for 20 t1 and has +30 weakness not x2, and the lvl x is pretty good too, plus you need 4 energy just to use ho-oh's attack, you can attack for 1-X amount energy with magmorter and you have board control

i know it did well at states and it works fine and all but i just don't get it, ho-oh is just such a bad pokemon, the only advantage it has over mag is being a basic and having such an insane power, which is still a flip

i guess my point is that if togekiss is so good it makes bad cards like salamence ex and ho-oh good, why isn't playing it with pokemon that are already good better?

Because Phoenix turn, is a basic and has Fightning resistance..

My fix:

-2 Warp Point
-2 Super Scoop Op
+2 Rare Candy
+1 Scott
-3 Bebe's Search
+4 Celio's Network
-1Tauros CG (you already have Stadiums)
+1 Pachirisu

Your list has 22 trainers out of 25 it claims it has.

Thats great news! News list updated.

Edit:
Ho-Oh's Power gets through Psychic Lock. Incase anyone worries about that. Resistance to fighting! Yeah

Edit:
Has anyone tested this deck yet? I want to know if anyone thinks it could beat Gardy.

Edit: NEW CARD ADDED
Celebi * CG

Last edited:
Thats great news! News list updated.

Edit:
Ho-Oh's Power gets through Psychic Lock. Incase anyone worries about that. Resistance to fighting! Yeah

Edit:
Has anyone tested this deck yet? I want to know if anyone thinks it could beat Gardy.

Edit: NEW CARD ADDED
Celebi * CG

yeah i don't think it does well against gardy, if you get a t1-t2 candy togekiss and plenty of energy you will have a chance to use ho-oh but psychic lock prevents you from using ho-oh as it has a 4 energy cost attack and it probably isn't very fast to power up manually,

i haven't tested this but that's how you beat togekiss with gallade, probably even more so when it's paired with a pokemon that does nothing at all without serene grace

Key to beating GG is getting your Kiss into play before they can Psychic Lock you. If you can manage that you have a fighting chance. If not, you can basically scoop.

My brother and I worked on something almost exactly like this a couple weeks ago, and the Gardy/Gallade matchup still proves to be tough. If you can get a quick-hitting Ho-Oh it pushes the outcome in your favor. The big problem is that you can't rely on getting a T2/T3 Ho-Oh with a bunch of energy on it from Toki every time, so the matchup is hard when your only option is to set up. Generally I found myself exhausting the opponent's resources by attacking with Togekiss (which is where Holon Energy WP found its way into my list) until it got knocked out, then recycling stuff back in with Night MainteNance to attack with a fully-powered Ho-Oh late game.

It's still a tough matchup though, and I changed the list up to Porygon2/Ho-Oh/Toki with the hope of letting Porygon2 suck everything out of the deck except for the energy. It would work sometimes, but it wasn't as consistant as Claydol (and a TGW during the process completely ruins the plan). All in all I gave the deck up, but only because I'm notorious for flipping tails. If I had my flips with me I'd be running Tokyo right now...

Is this a joke?

Not a joke at all. The decks that matter right are all capable of landing a couple of OHKO's every now and then, it's what makes Gallade and Magmortar so strong. Ho-Oh, even though he has a low amount of HP, has the ability to land OHKO's and completely overpower an opponent's deck (provided your Ho-Oh stays in play with Phoenix Turn). My brother built the deck off of an old deck idea I tried one time with CG Charizard and UF Ho-Oh ex. After playtesting with him, I quickly agreed that the deck has a great shot against both Mortar and GG, but fails miserably if you can't land a heads or two with Phoenix Turn.

As I mentioned before, I'm horrible at flipping coins, so I didn't play it for States this past weekend. The idea's pretty solid though. I do wish Ho-Oh had more HP though. :cool:

Drop the ssu for 2 more energy (fighting and whatever). I don't like the celibi* in here, nor the lack of draw (claydol gets locked/lack of seeing him=bad situation) but it looks fine otherwise.

I could never find the space to fit it in the deck, but it's not a bad idea. If the opponent wants to sacrifice Windstorms on the Buffer Piece, they'll pay for it later when they can't get rid of the Crystal Beach. I never could find the space to fit anything extra into the deck, but it's still worth a try. I'll send you my list when I get home tonight. It's not too different than yours, but I remember finding some way to fit 18 or 19 energy into the deck, so maybe there's your space for the Buffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back