Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Tech-A-Deck thread. Get the community's help to tech your deck!

Rikko145

So, here's a thread for people looking for a tech. The community will help you find one! I just ask that you at least try to help one other person before asking for help. If you honestly don't know any, that's ok. Just use this format, everybody!

Help somebody else: @thatoneguy123 - Try using Kingdra. He's a Stage 2 like you said you wanted, helpful even when benched, fast, and only needs one energy.
Deck you're playing: Zebstrika/Mandibuzz
Deck or Card you need help teching against: DonChamp
What you've already done: I teched in a Xatu for Machamp, but don't know what to do about Donphan.
Tech standards: Must be a Stage one or basic, take colorless or just one energy of a different type, and can only use 2 energy.

Well, enjoy! And if you see that this is starting to slip down, feel free to bump it back up to keep it going! Thanks, and I hope you all find this useful.

~Rikko145

I guess i'll start it.

Deck you're playing: Kingdra/Yanmega/Jirachi
Deck or Card you need help teching against: Reshiram with Typhlosion/Emboar and/or Zekrom/ZPS
What you've already done: I didn't really do much to help with these, i just took them as an autoloss.
Tech Standards: Fast. Those decks usually set-up by turn 2 or 3, so i need something fast. Stage 1's and 2's are fine, as i play 4 Rare Candy and 4 Pokemon Communication to help get it out faster.

^ for reshiram, just snipe enough damage onto their emboar/typhlosion/ninetales to jirachi them and cripple their setup, just make sure you have a consistent stream of yanmegas going. for zekrom, a 2-2 donphan works wonders. i'd imagine you run rainbow, so the 2-2 phan is easy to fit in. phan really helps against magnezone too :)

against reshiram you can try an ul kingdra which can ohko reshiram,emboar etc.
against zekrom: a revenge bouffalant should be good against the first zekrom because zekrom will attack with bolt strike. then you can revenge ko it. krookodile might be another option as well

Zoroark counters both Reshiram and Zeckrom for a DCE and a plus power. Most decks in this format run DCE and plus power so it is very splashable in any deck. Like above posted a great tech for fire (reshiram/embore/typhlosion) is kingdra UL with a DCE which should be played in the deck and a water or rainbow can one-shot the fire variants.

Reshiboar:snipe tepigs
Other stuff: I know this may sound crazy but ERL. Just don't bench jirachi...
Posted with Mobile style...

Deck you're playing: Cinccino/Zoroark/Umbreon
Deck or Card you need help teching against: Yanmega Prime
What you've already done: Not much... i'm thinking about a Jolteon.
Tech standards: Needs to be easy/quick to set up Lightning pokemon that hits 60+ damage for as little energy as possible. Its to hit x2 with Yanmegas weakness btw.

And not Zekrom. period.

keep your hand small( 1 or 2 cards) but still have a pont/juniper in your hand if possible. use cincinno and pp to do 110 damage.

keep your hand small( 1 or 2 cards) but still have a pont/juniper in your hand if possible. use cincinno and pp to do 110 damage.

Sweet. Unfortunately my hand is generally large... I forgot about pluspower. Ill do that then :thumb:
Posted with Mobile style...

ill do the next:

Deck you're playing: Mew +attackers/zoroark/yanmega
Deck or Card you need help teching against:Donphan Prime
What you've already done: Crobat Prime, Muk, lucario
Tech standards: should be basic/stage 1, should ohko donphan or do 70 damage at least (devolve possible), must have enough hp (100+ hp and no weakness to :fighting:), at most 2 energies card (i play dce) to attack.

Hmm. As you are running Yanmega you shouldn't really be having a problem here...
You could thicken your Yanmega line for one.
Swanna is also a fairly good anti-Donphan tech, although it only has 80 HP and needs one turn to Feather Dance.
Depending on how many energies you run, you can also go for 1-1 Starmie.

Deck you're playing: KGL mill
Deck or Card you need help teching against: Yanmega Prime
What you've already done: I've debated throwing in an ERL to OHKO him, but it ruin's the deck's consistency more often than not.
Tech standards: Should be a fast stage 1/basic Pokemon. If it's a Water type then that's even better~

you do know that yanmega doesn't ohko you, right?

Without Indigo Plateau out and with it having a plus power it does.
But that's beside the point, I need to counter against Yanmega not because of the major damage it does to my deck, but because of how fast it is most of the time.

Last edited:
Back