Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Way to Play Electivire HPon

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechubbss12

Alright Ladies.... Ive seen acouple of threads about people posting ways to try and play Electivire next season.... Since the lost of Dragonite d DS (One of my Fave cards of all time) everyone wounderd "How can i play this amazing card next format.... Or how am i going to be to use the awesome LvX coming out in MT..." I belevie that i have found the Formula for makeing this deck work....

The List HP-DP1 (Since MT is not Officialy Released...)

Pokes (27)
3 Elekid d DF
3 Electabuzz d DF
3 Electivire DP1
4 Trapinch d DF
2 Vibrava d DF
3 Flygon d HP
1 Flygon EX d
2 Chimecho d HP
1 Latios EX d DF
1 Rayquazza EX d DF
4 Holons Castform

Trainer/Supporters (19)
4 Holons Mentor
4 Holons Adventurer
4 Windstorm
3 Celios Network
3 Rare Candy
1 Switch

Energys (14)
8 Lightning Energy
3 Delta Rainbow
3 Scramble Energy

List HP-DP2 (Even Though MT isnt released...)

Pokes (26)
3 Elekid d DF
3 Electabuzz d DF
3 Electivire DP1
1 Electivire LvX DP2
3 Trapinch d DF
2 Vibrava d DF
3 Flygon d HP
1 Flygon EX d
2 Chimecho d HP
1 Rayquazza EX d DF
4 Holons Castform

Trainer/Supporters (20)
4 Holons Mentor
4 Holons Adventurer
3 Windstorm
3 Celios Network
3 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenace DP2
1 Switch

Energys (14)
8 Lightning Energy
3 Delta Rainbow
3 Scramble Energy

The Break Down
Core
displayimage.php

Flygon d HP This card alone made so many decks during the DX-on format.... Once again we using this card to make the deck... The ability to Attach twice per turn is game changing and that is what fuels this deck...

displayimage.php

Electivre Obvilisly he is the main attacker... [LLLC] for 120 may seem like a high cost.... But when matchup up with his Power it makes an almost exremly unusable attack, Usable....

displayimage.php

Chimecho d HP Ive Seen multiple People attempt to run Magneton in thier Flyvire Builds but it just doesnt seem to work.... I Too have tested and tested with him but in my tests it slowes the deck too much. So the other option was Simple, Chimecho d Is your energy recycle.... By simply using a Holon Supporter it allows you to pull back 1 Energy per Chimecho you have out.. So its stackable and extremly usefull.

The Go Getcha's
Holons Castform The Basis of any Delta deck... He is your starter who will double as a Double Rainbow Energy when needed.... He Also Helps in the Shiftry matchup... So you only have to use Intense Voltage once instead of twice for those 2 precious Energys.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Elekid/Electabuzz d DF Some people have decided to run the DP1 Elekid because of his energyless attack... I personaly perfer the delta version only because he can hit any of you opponets Pokes for 10 damage. Electabuzz d DF is a Huge staple in this deck... He alone Doubles your consistancy by allowing you to draw twice per one turn instead of just once + hes mentorable.

Techs
displayimage.php

Flygon EX d DF Woah... What a card... Hes probibly one of the most powerfull EXs ever released... Running him in anydeck that runs a Flygon seems like a must.... So naturaly i took advantage or me running Trapinchs.

displayimage.php

Rayquazza EX d DF This card shares the same type as Electivire thus hes a given... Everyone knows that being able to do 50 for one Energy is amazing just like 2 for 70 is equaly as good... How could anyone forget to put him in?....

displayimage.php

Latios EX d DF The lest important tech is this deck... His sole purpose is to give this deck a free retreat option and posibly EX stall... With more powerfull cards coming out in DP2 we wont see anywere near as much EX play... So is option of seeing play goes down with the play of EXs...

Wow Everything Else.....

Vibrava d DF i run a 1-1 of the DF Vibravas..... Simply because in some situations you need free retreat and others you need Confusing EXs... Use each Vibrava wisely....

Trapinch d DF I run the Psychic over the Grass Delta form because i like hitting Marios weakness... An extra 20 damage can mean the diffrence in a KO and a crap i lose an Electivire next turn....

Trainers/Suporters
Holons Mentor/Adventurer Chimecho food.... Mentor Grabs the Basics and ADV gets you some draw power...

Windstorm Man if they had Made cessation crystal without Windstorm... Then there would be no one playing powers. Basicly used to get rid of pesky tools and stadiums (Cess Crystal, and Battle Frontier....)

Celios, Candy, and Switch Each of these aid in set up and or get you out of a jam....

Man.... It looks like i have written WAY too much... Well thank you guys for reading and Goodluck on your Flyvire list....
Ill update with match up and torney results after the HP-on season officialy rolls around....

who is supposed to be the main attacker? I cant tell, i think you should either go electivire or flygon, and since this i an electivire thread, go electivire.

also, you might need some more search powwer, for speed, which is always good.

Cut Flygon down to 3-2-3 or 2-1-2.
Add Mew*, or Mew P5. Take out Latios ex d'.
Up Vire to 4-4-4, sice it is your main attacker.
Play 3 or 4 DRE, and then Only Lightning NRGs.
Take out 1x Chimecho.

2 chimechos? Id drop to 1, drop an adventurer and a mentor add in 3 castaways.... energy + supporter for next turn? Yes please!

JAT! :smile:

who is supposed to be the main attacker? I cant tell, i think you should either go electivire or flygon, and since this i an electivire thread, go electivire.

also, you might need some more search powwer, for speed, which is always good.

Yea i completly understand your point.... But ive tested and tested this deck.... It needs the heavy flygon lines to keep consistancy + flygon d HP wins the Magnezone match up....

Cut Flygon down to 3-2-3 or 2-1-2.
Add Mew*, or Mew P5. Take out Latios ex d'.
Up Vire to 4-4-4, sice it is your main attacker.
Play 3 or 4 DRE, and then Only Lightning NRGs.
Take out 1x Chimecho.

Wow... No one on the Gym reads.... Removeng a Chimecho can mean the diffrence of a Game loss or a game win... He is your NRG restorer...
P5 mew is trash compared to an Electivire so there is no use for that tech.... Umm ive tried Mew* its its a great swap for latios EX d.....
The flygon post.... Read above....
Why DREs... they reduce damage plus they are discarded when you attack... SO the only reason you would need to run DREs is if your already running them.... Test it with Scramble and you will understand why DREs dont work as well....
3-3-3 Vire is perfect... why would you need the 4th.... Techs clean out any remaining pokes....

2 chimechos? Id drop to 1, drop an adventurer and a mentor add in 3 castaways.... energy + supporter for next turn? Yes please!

JAT!
Another person who doesnt read.... Castaway is trash when you dont play tools.... With the draw power this deck has it would only be used as discard bait or maybe early game...

i wasn't aware there was a magnezone matchup!

fair enuff thechubss to your response to my post above- ive been playing around with this and the second chimecho could come in handy at some point!

my friend pointed out to me the other day that electabuzz has a power- draw from the bottom of the deck! i'd never noticed before lol! :redface:

I like this deck.. I thought of it myself, only my list looks like this:

Pokémon: (24)

1 Electavire lv.X
3 Electavire lv.46
4 Electabuzz δ
4 Elekid δ
3 Flygon δ
2 Vibrava δ w/Sonic Noise
3 Trapinch δ HP
4 Holon's Castform

Energy: (14)

9 Lightning Energy
3 Double Rainbow Energy
2 Scramble Energy

Trainers: (22)

4 Holon Mentor
4 Celio's Network
2 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Windstorm
4 Copycat
2 Professor Rowan
2 Island Hermit

It's still a beta version, I mean I don't think I need all of those Castforms and stuff.. And I'd really like having some δ-tech like Rayquaza and Mew and such.. Just thought I'd share the list with you

Yea.... The Chimecho is like a Mentorable Energy.... Its saved me a few times..... Unfortunatly it takes up bench space and is Ray EX d Bait....

do people ever read?

lol, alright, you got me. i just skimmed through it. i like magneton over chimecho but only by a little bit. in this deck, you only have 8 holon supporters. and forcing yourself to use one everytime you need to recharge, isnt all that great. mentoring 4 times? adventuring 4 times? maybe. but sometimes it's better to use copycat or celio/bebe.

plus chimey will take sand damage. magneton wont.

lol, alright, you got me. i just skimmed through it. i like magneton over chimecho but only by a little bit. in this deck, you only have 8 holon supporters. and forcing yourself to use one everytime you need to recharge, isnt all that great. mentoring 4 times? adventuring 4 times? maybe. but sometimes it's better to use copycat or celio/bebe.

plus chimey will take sand damage. magneton wont.

I use a deck kinda like this one and I agree with the Magnetons, they are much more consistant and could also be good attackers.
putting in the Magnetons my energy list looks like this:

8x Lightning Energy
3x Multi Energy
3x Grass Energy

NOTE: I dont use Flygon d ex so i dont need the Psychic Energy and I like Multi cause, if im not wrong, it can be any energy you want not letting Electavire discard it.

NOTE: I dont use Flygon d ex so i dont need the Psychic Energy and I like Multi cause, if im not wrong, it can be any energy you want not letting Electavire discard it.

That would be a negative buddy.... When a Multi is attached t counts as every energy.... You see the :lightning sign in his PokePower Mean he can grab an energy supplying :lightning at the time it is attached (Even if it Supplies a Colorless NRG when attached to Electivire.).... So the same concept applies.... It is suppling every NRG iincluding :lightning. Unless you have another Special NRG on him...

Ahh yes and the Magneton.... I Completly understand why Magneton could be more consistant.... It would make alot more sence to run him right...?..
Well im my play testing and everything it all boils down to the speed of set up.... This deck is already mildly slow adding in another stage 1 (Thats not Delta) slows this deck down even more... Leaving it open bait to decks that Electivire cant OHKO or no longer outspeed (Flygon EX d is an amazing example...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back