TheDarkTwins BR Reports - (3 of Them) - 1 WIN!!

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by TheDarkTwins, Sep 30, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

So, I was planning on playing Sally PK for BRs, but I decide to just modify my R-Gon deck to play Meganium instead with Flygon.

Ambler, PA (Sunday the 23rd)

Luke and Lori and nice enough to give me and my friend a ride down to the Tournament, much thanks.

R1 - ?????? - Theme.Deck

The player was a beginner and it was a very quick game.

Win

1-0

R2 - ?????? - Kricketune

I get setup and find that my Fire Mew is Prized. I was gonna use Lake Boundary to KO Kricky 1 time. I was very upset to find before the game it managed to find its way to the floor. As you can guess, I lost because of this.

Loss

1-1

R3 - Matt G. - Kricketune

I win, not much to tell.

Win

2-1

R4 - ??????? - Blissey/Vire

Mega d wins this as Lake Boundary hurts him.

Win

3-1

R5 - Adam C. - Blissey/Lucario

I draw 0 nrgy, 1 Supporters (Mentor), 0 RC, and no pokemon that would actually evolve.

Loss

3-2

Blue Bell, PA (9/29)

I go down with my friend and meet up with shaw and the train station. I change 2 cards in the deck so that I can fit in 2 Holon Adv.

R1 - Shaw L. - Empoleon/Lucario

I know I have a good matchup but when I draw everything I didnt need, it doesnt really help me. So....

Loss

0-1

R2 - ??????? - ?????

I think it was a water deck but I won and I dont remember.

Win

1-1

R3 - ??????? - ?????

I turn 3 his only pokemon Clefairy with Lake Boundary in Play

Win

2-1

R4 - Kyle - Nidoqueen/Grumpig/Dusknoir

I get setup, he doesnt and my Flygon Ex goes thru him really quick.

Win

3-1

R5 - Adam C. - Blissey/Lucario

We both get awful starts, no energy for the first like 7 Turns. He however while not drawing any basic he drew 2 boost which he uses to ko 2 castforms, which end up being what does me in at the end. I lose on time, but he had me due to a few mistakes.

Loss

3-2

So, 2 days both ended by the same person ( Thanks Adam :tongue: ). So on to my last report.

Pennsauken, NJ (9/30)

I play the exact same version as yesterday.

So here we go.

R1 - ???????? - Empoleon/Rampardos

I get a very, very bad start and I lose. A deck I should beat I lose too. :nonono:

Loss

0-1

I think that I have no shot of making the cut now, but we will see if that stands up.

R2 - Missy Todd - Feraligatr (MT)/Mantine(With Mantyke/Lumineon

I get a okay start, even tho she T2'd my castform. However, getting 3 Mega d up against her pure water deck is too much to handle even tho she was able to early OHKO my Ray Ex d.

Win

1-1

R3 - Greg Sauk - Honchkrow/Bastidon

He is just testing out the deck and seeing what to fix, I am playing down, which is bad since I already lost in the first round. I am able to quickly ko his Bastidon with Mew d/Lake Boundary/Strength Charm. I end up just Swifting thru his Murkrow to win.

R4 - Ben Sauk - Empoleon/Lucario

I start with Castform and him with Riolu, I top deck the Mew* and I am able to Delta Draw, He goes and flips tails on Wild Kick. He does this 2 more times just enought time for me to fully power up Flygon Ex and run thru him quickly.

Win

3-1

So, I am thinking I am done, but I am only 1 of 2 players fighting for 2nd. The other player thinks that he will lose to them (it was their only lost) and drops after R4 before pairings are up.

So, I play Rob who went 4-0 with Meganium d/Feraligatr d

T2 - Rob - Meganium d/Feraligatr d

G1 - He goes first which is good as my starting hand is the following - Castform, Ray ex d, Lake Boundary, Warp Point, Castaway, Holon Adventurer, Celio's Network. I play castfrom active and he has Totodile active. He attaches and does 10 to me. I play Ray ex down and Castaway for Psychic, Mentor and Charm. I play the Psychic on Ray ex d and say go. He then play TVR and evolves to Croconaw uses the power to get energy but none are there. He attaches a DRE to attack so I cant retreat. I play Celio's and get Castform and then attach it to Ray. I warp point and play Boundary FTW. I could of use Charm and it would of done 60 +20. So, I win on T2.

G2 - We both Mulligan. I get a basic on my second draw, but he mulligans, and then mulligans third time. So, I get 2 xtra cards. I start out with the following 7 in my hand. 3x Windstorm (I only play 3), Trapinch, Strength Charm, Rare Candy, Flygon d. My 2 xtra draws get me Vibrava and another Rare Candy. He tells me I should go first so he can play a supporter. I draw a fighting energy. I attach to Trapinch and pass. He goes, and plays Castaway, I beleive. He gets Mentor and whatnot to set up. He has Totodile active as his starter. He attaches and does 10. I top deck the Mentor and just RC to Flygon d and Mentor for 1 Castform to T2 him for the 2nd Str8 game. I was absolutely in shock that I did that in 2 consective games. I didnt think it was gonna go like that at all.

Win

4-1 (5-1)

So, I win, which is nice.

Props -

Shaw
    Matt G.
    Lori
    Luke
    PokePop
    Winning
    John S. for the decklist that I changed
    Foisy and Kettler for a bit of help. :thumb:

Slops -

Kyle completely teching against me on Sunday the 30th.
    Adam C. and his absolute complete dominace over me the last 2 years so far.
    Not beating decks I should.

Thanks For Reading!!
    Drew

2. How did Shaw do in Bluebell?

Oh, and nice job on the win and the deck making it work in the end.

3. TheDarkTwins

Thanks,

Shaw got 3rd/4th in Blue Bell as he lost in T4.

Drew

4. dimension

dimension New Member

Once again Drew, good job :thumb:. My 1st tourney of the yr, I'll take a 2nd :smile:My deck was flawless until the finals...not much I can do (turn 2 and then turn 3 are rough). See you again soon. Thanks also goes out to Pokepop, great job on the tourney on Sun.

5. TheDarkTwins

Yeh, I know what your saying, I think it was T2 twice, tho. It was a very fair finals. I really do wish 1 game would of been a good one.

Drew

6. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Ben Sauk is in Masters?

7. TheDarkTwins

Yes. What no congrats on the win. :tongue:

Drew

8. Bolt

Bolt New Member

they grow up so fast :'(

....congrats on the win!

9. Xicious

Xicious New Member

4x Holon Legacy
    1x Latios ex delta
    1x Jirachi ex
    4x Cessation crsytal....

and I didn't even play you Drew....ugh...

--Kyle

10. Shellshock929

Shellshock929 <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Congrats on the Win, Drew.

-Peter

11. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

nice job, congrats on the win

12. TheDarkTwins

Kyle - Wow, happy I didnt play you. That is a bit overkill dont you think? :lol:

Peter - Thanks,

BloodDraek - Thanks,

Drew

13. Absolution

Absolution New Member

w2g buddy, take a few more before BRs are over.