Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Theme Pokemon" for the Season Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charzano

The other day, driving back from a Battle Road, some guys and I were talking about the "Theme Pokemon" for this season. You know, the pokemon that's on the Trophies, and that we get Promo Cards of it or its evolutions from Cities-Nationals. So, over the past 3 years, it has been Dragonite, Luxray, and Blastiose. All 3 of these Pokemon have some things in common:

1. They all came out in the latest card set at the beginning of that season (Example: Dragonite came out in Legends Awakened, which was the newest card set in September of Last year, and Luxray the year before).
2. They were all Stage 2 Pokemon.
3. They have all been different pokemon types each year. We have had a Fire type, Colorless type, Lightning type, Water type, and a Fighting type before if I remember correctly.

So, based off of these facts, we can guess that the Trophy Pokemon will be some pokemon that came out of the Supreme Victors set, and it is a Stage 2. Going off that, it could be one of the following: Garchomp, Exploud, Metagross, Swampert, Rhyperior, or Venesaur. Then, if we include the 3rd point, saying that the pokemon could be none of the types listed above, that would narrow it down to Metagross and Venasaur. IDK about that part, but I would be willing to bet on one of those 6 pokemon.

Now, we've never had SP pokemon in the set before, so I don't know how that might play in, but when we had Delta Pokemon, Blastiose was chosen and it wasn't a delta pokemon. This is just my 2 cents on the subject, what do you think?

P.S. Thanks to Naki_Feralkin for pointing out #3.

Last edited:
True, it was also from CG. There were 2 Blastioses from that same set. The one that we got as a promo at nationals however was the Non-Delta one, so I'm guessing that it was the card that was meant to be the "Theme Pokemon."

We were discussing this too.

Chances are that we'll get a SV stage 2 for the OP promos.

Probably Exploud or Garchomp. I wouldn't be surprised to see metagross though.

I really want a stage one pokemon though. I mean how epic would a Blissey trophy be. Or they should do something obscure like a quillfish or remorade.

I think Venasaur has the best shot, as it's a starter. That's what I think/hope anyway.

Venusaur does seem to have the best shot, yeah. Garchomp is a good secondary choice, but like said, it is actually playable and thus unlikely.

i'm sure cool looking pokemon usually get the best chances so it'll be garchomp, or ...FLYGON. I'd be really surprised if they decided to do Flygon...hahaha.

Venusaur was the promo card for Regionals '07, I believe. I know we're talkin' trophies, but I don't know. That might change things.

v Me too. That was my first Regional tournament. :3

Last edited:
I know that it doesn't go with what I said above, but it's possible it could have something to do with Heart Gold/Soul Silver, seeing as there hasn't been a trophy pokemon from that generation yet.

We've already had Exploud one year, and Venusaur doesn't really count since he was just a Regionals promo, so I'd like to see either him or Garchomp.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back