SAT: 158
SDF: 238
SPD: 218

Moveset:

Agility
Return/Mirror Move
Brave Bird
Roost

I was doing some testing with it and I'm not really sure how it works. It says it copies the last move used my the opponent. It does not copy a move like Pursuit if you called a Pokemon back on that attack and if a attack does not effect you, Ground on Flying types, and you can still return the attack with it. I just don't know if you can lead with the attack as your first attack or so and if you can copy 'any' attack.

I also want to consider it because Pidgeot have a very limited movepool it Mirror Move might open a few doors for it as most Pokemon that attack have a move in their Move set they're weak to and can hit all Dragon types as most of them will ether lead with Dragon Dance which Sakura can benefit from or Dragon Claw or Outrage which my Pidgeot can take a hit from. Another reason is the stat increasing attacks like Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Dragon Dance and Swords Dance are commonly used and Sakura will be benefited greatly from it. Another reason is that Sakura will be unpredictable with that attack if the battle is in her control. She can hold her own against all but Rock and Steel types.

The only problem is that Sakura's only attack will be Brave Bird which hits with recoil damage and is something I rather not use like that but is kind of pointless to have both Brave Bird and Return in the same moveset because I can't hit Rock and Steel types with decent damage but, I don't have her fight them unless I have to.

Any thoughts on this. I'm trying to fix my team.

The evs are random, Pidgeot doesn't work in OU, and mirror move is terrible, why would your opponent try to use something super effective on them on you? They'd switch in and set up, no doubt, which is the flaw of mirror move. Plus, pidgeot is easily OHKO'ed by most ice, thunder, and rock moves, and is hurt by stealth reock, making it unlikely to set up agility.
If it is a sweeper, it is a bad one.
If this is OU, it is severly lacking, if it is UU, replace it with flame orb swellow lead.
OU it should be switched with scizor, lucario, togekiss (for special sweepage) etc.

Well, my thought would possibly be a rain dancing kyogre would be hit hard when it tries thunder...or perhaps tyranitar with ice beam?

The evs are random, Pidgeot doesn't work in OU, and mirror move is terrible, why would your opponent try to use something super effective on them on you? They'd switch in and set up, no doubt, which is the flaw of mirror move. Plus, pidgeot is easily OHKO'ed by most ice, thunder, and rock moves, and is hurt by stealth reock, making it unlikely to set up agility.
If it is a sweeper, it is a bad one.
If this is OU, it is severly lacking, if it is UU, replace it with flame orb swellow lead.
OU it should be switched with scizor, lucario, togekiss (for special sweepage) etc.

My Pidgeot does well in OU. I was doing some testing with Mirror Move on wifi today and it works for it. I swept a team with Pidgeot off a attack my opponent used last turn. Mirror Move does not suck. And really, there are a few Pokemon that can OHKO my Pidgeot without the help of a boost item.

So you most be one of those players that use what everyone else use to appropriate my Pidgeots EV spread. They are anything but random.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Well, my thought would possibly be a rain dancing kyogre would be hit hard when it tries thunder...or perhaps tyranitar with ice beam?

Mirror Move is a real powerful attack. It does not suck like people said it does. I just need to find a way to work it.

Last edited:
Besides that fact that focus band is band, (< BAD joke) I played that Pideot and it was able to take a hit. My max attack adamant nature metagross (no attack boosting item)failed to do kill it in one hit with a meteor mash, then failed with a bullet punch. Sure it has trouble against steel and couldn't do much to me, but it still can take a few hits. And IMO a thunder from pidgeot wouldn't do much to a kyogre. It has bad SA and kyogre has good SD. Going against kyogre with pidgeot is just one of those things you want to avoid. But anyways, if you're going to have mirror move, you might want to replace leichi berry with starf. Sure it any stat and it's random, but mirror move let's you use SA, which would be boosted to 300. I will have a legit one for trade, and I do lack a leichi berry...

Besides that fact that focus band is band, (< BAD joke) I played that Pideot and it was able to take a hit. My max attack adamant nature metagross (no attack boosting item)failed to do kill it in one hit with a meteor mash, then failed with a bullet punch. Sure it has trouble against steel and couldn't do much to me, but it still can take a few hits. And IMO a thunder from pidgeot wouldn't do much to a kyogre. It has bad SA and kyogre has good SD. Going against kyogre with pidgeot is just one of those things you want to avoid. But anyways, if you're going to have mirror move, you might want to replace leichi berry with starf. Sure it any stat and it's random, but mirror move let's you use SA, which would be boosted to 300. I will have a legit one for trade, and I do lack a leichi berry...

Yeah, I have a few Starf Berries. I was thinking about replacing the Liechi Berry with that berry or a more defensive item if they have any like Brightpowder or maybe Leftovers.

Yesterday my Pidgeot took a Explosion from a Electrode. I was not sure if Mirror Move would return it but when I selected Mirror Move, the only target was Sakura, so it must only work on the last attacked used on Pidgeot or the last attack used. I just don't know how it fully works.

I found something else out about Pidgeot. It gets, Heatwave, Sky Attack again and Ominous Wind. Looks like Pidgeot might make a comeback.

Last edited:
It lost sky attack? o_O;;

Yeah, it had Sky Attack in R/B/Y. A move tutor in platinum teaches it and Pidgeot gets it again. It just that Heat Wave seems kind of random for it. Did not know Pidgeot had a fire lung. It would be better it they had elemental wing attacks like the punches.

Well my understanding of mirror move (as I've used it with Fearow) Was indeed that you had to use it after the other pokemon attacked. Hence the focus band suggestion. Hey vappy, are you ever gonna pay me back for training that male starvia with brave bird that I gave you?

Heat wave and ominous wind has been given to EVERYTHING in Platinum. Don't you have shoddy? ><"
Sky attack was given to everything with wings. (and a few without...o_O)
However, zapdos seems like the best choice to give heat wave, and ominous wind just isn't good. Pidgeot's special attack is really bad. It's not even good with choice specs, modest nature and 252 sp. attack evs (and 31 ivs lol)
focus band is banned. Pikamaster's bad pun actually had significant meaning. :tongue:
Trying focus sash would work, though according to you, "pidgeot doesn't go down in one hit"... so, maybe not.
Electrode with explosion....electrode shouldn't be played anyway, it's not good...I guess explosion would be a smart choice, considering it dies quickly, normally in 1 hit...

Well, he could use focus band as long as he doesn't play competitively. I somehow doubt he'd use pidgeot for competetive play. By the way Budde, does suicune get heat wave? o_O

Well my understanding of mirror move (as I've used it with Fearow) Was indeed that you had to use it after the other pokemon attacked. Hence the focus band suggestion. Hey vappy, are you ever gonna pay me back for training that male starvia with brave bird that I gave you?

Yeah, what do you want.

Heat wave and ominous wind has been given to EVERYTHING in Platinum. Don't you have shoddy? ><"
Sky attack was given to everything with wings. (and a few without...o_O)
However, zapdos seems like the best choice to give heat wave, and ominous wind just isn't good. Pidgeot's special attack is really bad. It's not even good with choice specs, modest nature and 252 sp. attack evs (and 31 ivs lol)
focus band is banned. Pikamaster's bad pun actually had significant meaning. :tongue:
Trying focus sash would work, though according to you, "pidgeot doesn't go down in one hit"... so, maybe not.
Electrode with explosion....electrode shouldn't be played anyway, it's not good...I guess explosion would be a smart choice, considering it dies quickly, normally in 1 hit...

No, I don't play on Shoddy, don't like it and I don't like hard core fan rules unless they work both ways. I would not give Pidgeot Heat Wave anyway but a Pidgeot with 252 SATK with 31 IVs and a Choice Specs pushes about 478 SATK on a Timid nature so Pidgeot does not suck as a special hitter like you said. Just give it Heat Wave, Hidden Power Ground or Ice, Air Slash and Hyper Beam/ Ominous Wind. Sounds like a good move set to me.

You, know, not every Pokemon is bad, I beat a Uber team today with my Pidgeot and Lumineon and beat my friend whole team with 5 Uber with Eevee( because I have a beastly Eevee). You should try to use some of the others. I'm probably the best random player here because I can make any Pokemon good and do well with them. My Pidgeot dose not need Focus Sash because most Pokemon can't kill in in one hit. I'm thinking about Leftovers or even Lum Berry. Not sure about what item to give it yet.

@ Maguschild, I do use Pidgeot on my competitive team, ask Chompy, he'll tell you. I have 7 competitive teams. My main one is Latios(no Soul Dew), Zapdos, Articuno, Zangoose, Pidgeot and Vaporeon. Pidgeot seems really good to me with Mirror Move because of its defense, I can't setup Agility and Roost if I need to and Mirror Move what I need to. Wanted to give it U-Turn, but I'm going to give it to Articuno. just Trying to work with the rest of my team but I want to make my Pidgeot better first.

Last edited:
Well I dunno. Lol maybe a tm or something? Whatcha got? And for the team, cool man that rocks! I'm going to be trying raticate with endeavor and me first for my competitive team.

Well I dunno. Lol maybe a tm or something? Whatcha got? And for the team, cool man that rocks! I'm going to be trying raticate with endeavor and me first for my competitive team.

What TM are you looking for. Yeah, you could try it and I hope it works. If anyone wants to battle me so I can test out my Pidgeot, I'm open for it.

On another note, I gave Articuno U-Turn. Still have not gotten around to testing it out but I will. Still have a lot to do with this team. My baby team is more solid then this one right now.

Next is Latios, Vaporeon, Articuno, Zangoose and Zapdos.

Well if you wait, I almost have my legit shiny team ready, Have *one* more pokemon to finish training and she's level 60. I'd be interested in attempting to see how this team does as it'll be my first fully ev trained team, so I could let you test out pidgeot...

Well if you wait, I almost have my legit shiny team ready, Have *one* more pokemon to finish training and she's level 60. I'd be interested in attempting to see how this team does as it'll be my first fully ev trained team, so I could let you test out pidgeot...

Okay, cool. Just let me know when its done.

Actually, thinking on it, I need a choice band for my fearow...do you happen to have an extra? Finished, my first ev trained team is done. But being they're legit shinys, you'll have to go easy on me since their IV's are nowhere near being perfect =/

Back