Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

This Fire Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbo ex

Hey all, I was thinking up an idea that could potentially work. I am going to test this out for upcoming tournaments. This is just a rough idea, but I think it could be a potentially cool deck to try.

This Fire Burns
Modified Format

Pokemon: 18
4 Sableye (CG)
3 Cyndaquil (MT)
2 Quilava (MT)
3 Typhlosion (MT)
3 Growlithe (SW)
3 Arcanine (SW)

Energy: 16
12 Fire
4 Holon FF

Trainers: 26
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Celio's Network
3 Rare Candy
3 Roseanne's Research
3 TV Reporter
3 Steven's Advice
3 Buffer Piece
2 Copycat
1 Night Maintenance

Strategy: This deck works by taking advantage of energy and keeping it going the whole game. Sableye is your ideal starter and serves this deck for three reasons. First, it's ability to silence Absol's hand disruption early is alluring. Second, it can stop Pokemon that only have one attack (Blissey for example) for a couple turns. It's also great because you can use Excavate to discard Fire Energy for Typhlosion. Typhlosion fishes energy back from the discard pile. It's also a handy card to use for ERing Water/DRE/Scramble, etc. It's a pretty solid backup attacker that supports Arcanine. Speaking of Arcanine, that's the main card of focus in this deck. Using its Flame Dash power, you can quickly overtake almost anything in one hit. Buffer Piece helps keep the longevity of Arcanine going. Super Scoop Ups are also used to recover your Arcanine after evolving a second Growlithe on your Bench to grab the energy. The thought is to keep the momentum going constantly. Holon FF provides you with weakness protection.

Thoughts and comments are appreciated in advance!

~Jim

Sounds like fun! I would -2 Copycat -1 Steven's and +3 Castaway. or -1 Cat -1 Celio -1 Steve. Hope this helps!

With the ridiculous number of 130 hp pokemon out there, I'm thinking strength charm is the play over buffer piece. Pinser has the right idea with castaways.

If you don't like sacrifing the use of Buffer Piece to help the Arcanine around for your next turn you definately need 3-4 Plus Power to hit that 130 HP mark Dendrobatida mentioned above. To make room for them I might suggest -1 Sableye -1 Stevens -1 Copycat.

Hey Jim I know you've liked Typhlosion for a long time and so have I, I tried Arcanine as a 1-1 line and it was a pretty nice sweeper but I'm just not convinced it works perfectly as a main attacker, the self damage makes it too easy to take out in one hit and often you won't get to use them SSUs as a result. I'm not sure Buffer piece is gonna be enough to keep it going so as everyone else is saying I guess focus more on the offensive aspects of Arcanine?

Might be a good idea to make room for an entei SW. Its body is disruptive and can lead to discarding 6 cards from their deck. - 1 sableye +1 entei. Just an idea

Entei/Typhlosion is actually an entirely different deck that also uses Absol ex to control KOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back