Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

This year's Nationals was the best...IMO

DaBest345

First of all, to clear this for any inquiring minds, NO I was NOT at Nationals.
The reason I am posting this is because I DO have the knowledge of this year's Nats and previous ones as well, which is why I say that this year's Nats was
THE BEST.
Now as for my reasons on why here they are.
1) LARGEST ATTENDANCE IN THE HISTORY OF POP
2) Most diverse metagame at this year's Nationals (i mean wow about 12-14 "successful" decks?)
3) No MAJOR suprises (we were warned about Ambush and after all it didn't win Nats)
4) And lastly, THE PLAYER"S OPINIONS...​

Do you all agree that this year's Nationals were the best???
Anything that went UBER good or bad?
What could have made it better???

PLEASE DISCUSS

wooo wooo

Moving to Nationals area... the convention forums.

And, I agree... the best I've attended (I missed the first PUI one).

Because of the attendance, I was expecting an earthquake, but it was more like a bullet train.

This was my first Nationals tournament. I had a great time meeting folks from other states. That was loads of fun. I think the tournament organizers did a fantastic job of running the event with such a large attendance.
I guess I expected more Pokemon merchandise to be for sale. Why doesn't the Pokemon Center have items for sale?
On the plane ride home I finally got to look thru the Origins catalog of events. I missed so many things that I'll have to go back next year. :smile:

Nats is always awesome. We have been there in 05, 06, and 07. Every year is the same, great event, great 4 days of pokemon.

Thanks all the folks who help run it.

Great event!

Great event! Unbelievable turnout. Kudos to all the staff and volunteers for all that you do to make this a great time for all of us. :thumb:

it's the only nats i've ever been to. the only thing i dont like is having to pay 70 bucks to get in. but i liked everything about nats.

and as far as secret decks go, i like the fact that people are hard at work studying the metagame and formulating secret decks. but i dont like the fact about how people react to them. like people spreading around fake rumors like claydol and people taunting others in pokegym. like oh ambush is gonna pawn you. ambush this and ambush that.

i say just come up with the deck and play it. be confident. but let all that other garbage go.

it's the only nats i've ever been to. the only thing i dont like is having to pay 70 bucks to get in. but i liked everything about nats.

and as far as secret decks go, i like the fact that people are hard at work studying the metagame and formulating secret decks. but i dont like the fact about how people react to them. like people spreading around fake rumors like claydol and people taunting others in pokegym. like oh ambush is gonna pawn you. ambush this and ambush that.
i say just come up with the deck and play it. be confident. but let all that other garbage go.

It's a psychological tactic that spreads another dimension into the minds of people. For example, if Claydol ex is being played, I'll HAVE to tech for it. Which produces an adverse effect and allows the propoghandhist (sp) to control his or her metagame.

well cool to hear your thoughts and sorry that i didnt notice the Conventions section...lol
newAyz do you guyz think that Nats 2008 could top 2007?
if so, how?

It's a psychological tactic that spreads another dimension into the minds of people. For example, if Claydol ex is being played, I'll HAVE to tech for it. Which produces an adverse effect and allows the propoghandhist (sp) to control his or her metagame.

Come on was anyone ever actually fooled into thinking that Claydoll Ex was even going to make an appearence at Nationals. It is one of the worst EX;s since Ruby and Saphire, no one was hardly going to make a deck out of it for Nationals.

lol yeah TOTALLY agreed...
however i remember i lot of trash being talked about Scizor EX earlier in the year and that it was a dead card after the release of Mew d (POP 5)...

I believe Scizorgross was #2? in Masters @ Nats?

Come on was anyone ever actually fooled into thinking that Claydoll Ex was even going to make an appearence at Nationals. It is one of the worst EX;s since Ruby and Saphire, no one was hardly going to make a deck out of it for Nationals.

Obv. but explain that to the people who bought multiple Claydols for $15-20 a piece.

Back