Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Thoughts and Questions about Marley's Request

revdjweb

First a question, when Marley's Request says 'choose two different supporter, stadium or trainer' etc. does it mean two different physical cards or two cards with different names? Could I choose two rare candies in my discard pile or would i have to choose rare candy and something else entirely?

I've been assuming it meant two different cards with different names. even at that i think this card can be very useful, especially if you plan aead and use two different trainers with similar effects. ideally you dont want to pull supporters because you've already used your supporter on your current turn (unless you're playing porygon2). (exception: you may want to be obnoxious and always threaten to take back that TGW you played earlier). a discarded tm-2 also looks like a good threat, especially against an opponent which has a lot of rare candied stage 2s.

anyhow, this is a quick list of simliar trainers where you'd get a certain 'can't lose' choice:
any two stadiums, like moonlight and snowpoint
switch and warp point
tsd and night maintenance
duskball/quickball/pokeball/pokeradar
tm-1 and rare candy
pluspower and pokeblower
pokehealer and potion (yeah i said it)

playing marley's request is going to be better if you have a good poker face. make your opponent sweat the choice: does he dare give that pokedrawer back on the off chance you pulled another one or does he let you have luxury ball, rare candy, etc. again? anyhow, this card seems a bit overlooked at the moment but as we get deeper in dp-on era and get more interesting trainers i think you will see the potential of this card really come out.

Back