Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Thoughts on CurseGar?

goliaththegreat

After looking at all the VileGar running around my area,it got me thinking of the other trainer locking deck that uses Gengar in it.
How do you think the CurseGar deck will hold up in the new rotation without Claydol?I fell in love with the deck after the first time I saw it,and just recently built one.

Why would you run cursegar when you can run gengar plume. Plume gives you more trainer lock than cursegar and it hits harder too. Not to mention it has fainting spell and needs 1 less energy.

Why would you run cursegar when you can run gengar plume. Plume gives you more trainer lock than cursegar and it hits harder too. Not to mention it has fainting spell and needs 1 less energy.

Because people are running less trainers in most decks to counter Vilegar. :thumb:

If you want a trainer locking deck that is good but not Vilegar,

Try out FlyPlume. i absolutly love the deck.

I have a curse gar deck that is md on and it works very well dont listion to people who say its not good majestic dawn on. And there gengar prime comeing out also.

i personally wouldn't play it, i didn't think it was all that great last season.
but it is personal preferance..

if you really want to play gengar, just wait a month till the Prime comes out.

First before calling this bad you need to try it out and i can tell that you never tryed it out and i can tell you that it works very well.

I've tried it out.

Won a CC with it last year.

Without Claydol? I wouldn't bother atm. Cursegar is bad in modified.

Well people havent tryed it with out clady dol. Well it needs develpment with out clay doll i dont think you would be able to put it together just like that and start doing real good. There is a lot of amazing techs for gengar that people dont know about like mantric from platnium its first attack is great with compound pain i run rainbow energys in mine so i can use that attacki. And of course its poke body is good.

By what you just said you can keep this conversation going. But the question why am i winning so many matchs with my curse gar deck.

The REAL questions would be what and who are you beating with it? What BR results have you had?

Are you winning against top players with great decks, or a bunch of randoms playing rubbish lists?

LOL ninja'd by DCF

I've won plenty of casual/league games with some really horrible decks. It proves nothing.

I never ran the deck befor Claydol rotated out,so I don't know what I'm missing.
My build has ran very consistint so far,but the only thing I got to test against was a Ursaring-Typlosion deck.

I recommend playing your deck against masters who are winning BRs in the area before posting that it's a good deck. If you can consistently win against meta-game decks with players who are good at playing those decks, then please post and be awesome. Until then, don't get upset when trolls copy pasta you.

Some decks don't need testing to prove if they're bad or not - this is one of them.

If it worked very well, more people would play it.
See hope. :thumb: haha cursegar is still a legit deck, but it's speed and the lack of effective locking due to smaller trainer counts/changes makes it a very hard play, at least with the worlds list.

Back