Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Time for Toxicroak to Shine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to everyone reading this: Try playing this. It may sound terrible and shaky, but believe me, this can win games.

:pokeball: Toxigunk :pokeball:

Aims: This deck was created by Dan Lane, and looks to use Toxicroak and EB from the Arceus set. It can dish out a LOT of damage on one turn, and by a LOT, I MEAN a LOT! Starting off, here is the list:

19 Pokemon

2 Sableye SF

2 Uxie LA

3 Crobat G PT

2 Baltoy GE

2 Claydol GE

4 Croagunk AR

4 Toxicroak AR

27 Trainers

4 Roseanne's Research

4 Bebe's Search

2 Cynthia's Feelings

2 Buck's Training

3 Broken Time-Space

4 Expert Belt

4 Poke Turn

2 Warp Point

2 Night Maintenance

14 Energy

7 Fighting Energy

5 Psychic Energy

2 Multi Energy

Now you have the list, I'll run through the cards.

Croagunk, Arceus

Take a look at the other Croagunk in the format and you'll see why this one is the best. If you can't evolve it quickly enough into Toxicroak, then it can remove a card from your opponent's hand. With some luck, that might be useful.

Toxicroak, Arceus

The main man and engine of this deck. If he has a :fighting: energy and a :psychic: attached plus an Expert Belt, and possibly a Buck's training, you can do 100 damage in one turn from just two energy. And that is before you start factoring in Crobat G and Poke Turn.

Sableye, Stormfront

He is here for the simple reason that he is in a lot of decks. To use a Supporter if you have to go first. This is preferably a Roseanne's Research, so you don't get DONKed.

Uxie, Legends Awakened

Again, we all know what this does. He draws your hand up to 7 when you play him to the bench. Pity he's so liable to be Power Sprayed. You can't get round that, you just have to hope. Still a great card.

Crobat G

I liked it when this card was played for its attack Toxic Fang. Then someone combined it with Poke Turn, and I liked it even more. When you play it from your hand to your bench, put a damage counter on a Pokemon. With Poke Turn, you can do it again in one turn. With 1 Crobat G and 4 Poke Turn in hand, you can do 50 damage before you even attack. Perfect.

Baltoy, Great Encounters

Do I really need to say anything for this card? He is for evolving into Claydol.

Claydol, Great Encounters

Extra draw power every turn. He deserves a place in every deck.

That's the Pokemon. I'm not going to talk about the trainers. In detail, anyway. The maximum amount of damage this deck can output on a single turn is 150 damage from a :fighting: and a :psychic:. That's it. This is how the damage is done. Toxicroak's Convert Blow does 60 dmg+ 10 Poison dmg+ 20 expert belt damage+ 10 Buck's Training dmg + Crobat G played 5 times with 4 Poke Turns is 50 dmg= 150 damage. And you can continuously do 90 dmg each turn. Overall, you should try this at least once. Your opponent will probably go mental. And that is fun to watch.

i was going to run the Toxicroak in my Garchomp deck, but then i took it out. This looks like a pretty good deck though! Toxi is great. I would run 3 bucks training and possibly Plus powers. and take out one crobat G, with the 4 poketurns, you'll only need 2. I would also take out one night matinence, you have enough energies to set up 3 Toxi's (1 active 2 on bench) I would invest in plus power though becuase with that + bucks + crobats. Thats aLOT of damage.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I might even switch the Sayble for Spirtomb AR and the two multi energy and 1 fighting energy for 3 call energy so this way, you can put the other play in a Trainer lock, while setting up the Toxi's. Spirtomb can also evolve the Crogunk on turn 2 so just in case you don't have the Toxicroak in your hand. Just a thought. Call energy will help you not get donked, not the Sayble Supporter thing., becuase if they have a Shuppet donk deck. You're done for. The t-lock counter's that, as well as stalling so they set up slower.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying and am taking out the Sableye for 2 Spiritomb to trainer lock them. That really is a good idea. I've also thought about adding in Looker's Investigation, to support the trainer lock. I think I'm going to add in a TS-2 Devoluter, for Toxicroak, because in games against Stage 2s, when you are doing 90 damage a turn, most Stage 1s have 90hp, so you can get a quick KO. Keep replying if you come up with any other ideas!

The devoluter is actually a really smart iidea! I've never thought of that, I might actually make a deck like this and play test it (right now i'm running a Charvire FBG, and a Garchump MT deck) The only thing i'm worried about is the lack of other pokemon. A line of Nidoqueen RR and Exploud SV might help alot. No more weakness and hp recovery. Another strat you might wanna take is getting that BTS out REALLY early and putting your oppenent in a trainer lock with his spirtomb (since almost every deck runs one nowadays) If you use Toxi's first move, it does 40 (with expert belt) and then the defending pokemon can't retret. Then you keep doing so until you get devoluter. When you do. BAM he's dead. I would run 3 of them. so this way you can have a few toxi's on your bench with it so if he plays warp/regimove you can lol XD. Also i would think about running a Regice with Regimove. You can bring one of his evolved pokemon out in front. Just a thoght =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back