Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tired of Apprentice? Check out Lackey CCG Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrEkIeV

It's like Apprentice, but better. It's still beta, and it has some kinks. But it has promise, You play with the actual card images. The software designer designed it in a manner where the pluggin protocol allows for game specific turn sequences and what not. Apprentice is M:TG patched for other games. Lackey is DESIGNED to be adapated for ANY CCG/TCG.

check it out here: http://www.lackeyccg.com/

Last edited:
Well I think it looks great so far. We just have to wait till someone can make a patch for pokemon.

http://www.lackeyccg.com/ said:
Q: Is it availible for both MAC and PC? How about Linux or other operating systems?
A: Lackey is availible for both Mac OSX and Windows. It is not currently availible for other operating systems, but should enough interest arise, it will be ported to other operating systems. Mac versions and Windows versions are completely compatible with eachother and Lackey looks identical on each platform.

the plugin stuff doesn't look that complicated... my problem is that i don't have a scanner. *pokes youngjohn* you have a scanner? :D if so, wanna do, say... i dunno, 3-5 cards from a few sets? maybe start with RS-on for now, so if I can figure it all out ok we can maybe get modified done... and I have lots of time, I don't have classes on tuesday or thursday this semester.

if anybody else gets bored and wants to kick some in, woot. the card images need to be 200x285 at 72 resolution. at least, thats what the example images are.

Last edited:
Q: Is it availible for both MAC and PC? How about Linux or other operating systems?
A: Lackey is availible for both Mac OSX and Windows. It is not currently availible for other operating systems, but should enough interest arise, it will be ported to other operating systems. Mac versions and Windows versions are completely compatible with eachother and Lackey looks identical on each platform.

To Pidgeotto Trainer, yep

Mystery I added you to my aim friend list. My aim is Youngjohn06

We can try and work something out. You can most likely find the card scans on like Pokebeach or google or something. I can scan them but I dunno how good they'll be. We'll work something out.

i've dl apprentice but i couldn't figure out how to play with the computer or online for that matter.. i've dl the patch too and i still cant get it to work.. i hope lackey isn't like this..i remember when you could have a platform like a real playmat. i had a cd that came with a thunderstorm gift box and it had the easiest way to play the game on the computer.. too bad you couldn't play online..

Last edited:
Mystery Thing said:
the plugin stuff doesn't look that complicated... my problem is that i don't have a scanner. *pokes youngjohn* you have a scanner? :D if so, wanna do, say... i dunno, 3-5 cards from a few sets? maybe start with RS-on for now, so if I can figure it all out ok we can maybe get modified done... and I have lots of time, I don't have classes on tuesday or thursday this semester.

if anybody else gets bored and wants to kick some in, woot. the card images need to be 200x285 at 72 resolution. at least, thats what the example images are.

Isn't there someone here who had a Pokemon TCG database with all the cards scanned in?

I just downloaded it and it won't even open up all the way. Sorry for being pessimistic, but the only plus I see in this whole thing is that it shows card images. In my opinion, Apprentice is way better, and it gets updated fast with new patches. (not to mention the patches are complete and accurate) If we needed card scans for a new set, it would take a long time to get them all for the program, and it would be outdated by far. Besides, if this project is ever complete, the patches would be HUGE! There are thousands of Pokemon cards, so how do you expect for people to download this program with the patch? The file will be like, 100s of megabytes, and if not, the card scan quality would be very low and unreadable. It is a cool idea to play Pokemon cards on the internet with card scans, but at this time and age, I don't see it as a very big possibility that would work for everyone.

I think it would be better if Apprentice was updated so that it could work for Macintosh and be more Pokemonish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back