Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Top 128 Masters Another Boring Read Thru :)

Ninja

Okay, so I live in Texas. Northern Texas to be exact. I am not rich. I cannot afford to take a plane, and I can not afford to take my family (not that my family would want to go). I just go with friends. Its the cheap, and fun route, and I suggest many of you do the same.

So, before I get to the actual report. I want to talk about my ride, and how much fun I had. It was a 12 hour drive from Northern Texas to Indianapolis, Indiana. There were people in my area that were taking a Tour Bus, but that was WAY to much for me, and I don't know them all well enough to actually go. I went with my two friends and a dad (league director who pretty much takes me to every tournament) in a small car that was rented. I would have to say it was one of the best rides ever, and thank you SO much for taking me for a cheap price ;).
So the ride was sweet. I used to live in Missouri, so I understand how long it takes to get there from Texas. I had never been to St. Louis before, so it was fun getting to see the Gateway Ark. I took pictures ;).
Illinoise was corn fields... Of course...

And I didn't see much of Indianapolis, even though I was there for 3 days.

Anyway, I am surprised how well I did, and especially how many people were there. It was my first Nationals after all lol.

So I got there the first day, and it was testing time. My deck wasn't doing so well against reshiram, but if I start with Absol, it could do decent. Surprisingly though, I didn't use Absol at all during the tournament. Absol gave me the ability to snipe Tepigs and such off of the bench T2... I also got to meet some people from Arkansas, and they were freaking sweet! Pleasure meeting you all lol.

So I got back to the hotel, and didn't change my deck at all.

So its a new day, and I am awake and nervous. Eat some breakfast, then head to the convention center. Very scary moment for me. Walking into the giant convention center was awesome. The posters hanging from the roof were awesome, and I wish I had the one with Mienfoo and Mienshao on the front.
We get to our meeting. The people around me are talking about potions, and stuff. It is interesting. Potion is a decent card now.
We then start our round. I am very scared. I cannot remember peoples names, so please bare with me on this xD.

Round 1- Yanmega/ Kingdra/ Jirachi
So I start. The guy compliments my WoW shirt, which I end up changing out of later on, and we sit there with our cards. I start with Yanma and a benched Tyrogue. He starts with 1 Pokemon, and he is talking about how he only runs 1 of this Pokemon, and he just so happens to start with it. Just from that I know it is either Cleffa or Bouffalant. He says heads or tails, I call tails, it lands on tails, and we sit there. For about 20 minutes. They say we can start. We flip, he says heads or tails and I say I am going first, we already decided this. Didn't matter because we already flipped over our Pokemon. I won that game. I am so sorry man for doing that. But I guess that is the risk you run for even running 1 Cleffa. We had a rematch and he beat me. GG.

1-0

Round 2- BlastGatr
This one was a toughey for me. Just in case if you didn't already know. I was running Yanmega/ Kingdra/ Jirachi. You would think this would be easy for me.... It wasn't. She knew how to manipulate her hand well, and we prepared for Yanmega pretty well. I couldn't draw into my Copycats or Judges, and after killing one Feraligatr, she beat me pretty badly. GG...

1-1

Round 3- Mewgar
This match, I'll have to admit, made me angry. Just my luck to 6 cards off of Spiritomb, and draw 4 Pokemon. Fail on my part. Once he got 6 in the Lost Zone, I tried to Judge him. He top decked a Twins. GG

1-2 (Sad day...)

Round 4- Absol Lucario
This guy was pretty awesome. It was fun playing against him, and I honestly enjoyed his deck. Absol is one of my favorite Pokemon, so I was happy lol. He lost zoned like 5 Pokemon and began hitting me for 130, but I got 2 Kingdras out, and began 1 shotting everything. Kind of hard for him to fight back. This point on, I had to win every game. Of course I felt bad when i beat people, but I mean... Sorry :/ GG man.

2-2

So everything is decent. I know there is still a chance for me.

Round 5- Mewgar
He starts with a Mr. Mime. I begin to win. He gets bad hands. He accidently drew 7 cards on an Oaks. I said its cool. The guy next to me told me to call a judge. I did, or the guy next to me did. Something like that. My opponent got a caution. He spiritombed me 3 times, and each time I didn't get a Pokemon. THANK GOD. He had bad luck that game, I'll admit it. GG tho.

3-2

So one more round in the day... Can't wait.

Round 6- ZPS
He started with Shaymin and got nothing the entire game. I just proceeded to sweep him. I think he was also doing a report. Either way, GG man :D.

4-2

So end of the day, and both of my friends went 3-3. So I knew that I would have to good tomorrow.

Next day:

Round 7- Magnezone Emboar
Best game I had ever had in my entire life. The guy I was going against was pretty good. He was intimidating. I got a horrible start, and there was almost no way I could recover. He got a GOD start, and even got to go 1st. I remember the entire match, so this is going to hurt my hands lol. I knew my streak was over :(. I can't remember the beginning to much. I start with Horsea, and he starts with Tyrogue. He hits me for 30, and I begin to Collector for another Horsea, and Yanma, and a Cleffa. He candies to an Emboar, and then kills my active Horsea. I bring up cleffa and evolve Horsea to a Seadra. I attach a rainbow. I then Eeeeek. I draw nothing. He reversals up my Seadra and kills it with a Magnezone... T3 Magnezone and Emboar -.-... By this time he has used like 2 Sages Training, and Magnetic Drawed. I just Eeeeeek... and I get a decent hand this time. I flip tails. He reversals... and gets Tails. He gets another Magnezone btw... He Junkarms Reverals, Tails again... Magnetic Draw... Junk Arm, Reversal Tails... He magnetic Draws again. Uses his switch to go to a Tyrogue and then he passes. My turn starts, I Reversal up his Emboar, and stall him out until he decks out... I didn't draw a single prize. He thought he was going to win. I thought he was going to win... Boy can I not wait until Catcher comes out xD. GG.

5-2

Round 8- Yanmega Donphan
So I remember this ones name because we had a pretty sweet conversation. Not to mention he came in second last year at Nats, and he is a pretty cool guy. Added him on facebook and stuff lol. I played Erik Nance. I thought his name sounded familiar because he has a pokegym account named eriknance and I guess I forgot that lol. Either way, and friend of mine said good luck in a sarcastic way because he knew he was good. I had no clue until he told me... So the game pretty much started with him with Bouffalant, and me a Yanma. I had a Tyrogue, so if it would have been Cleffa, I would have won, but nobody likes to win that way... Because I run Rainbows Kingdra really helped me this game. I was able to kill Phanphys and such quickly. He actually got 2 prizes with a phanphy. His Phanphy had 20 on it, and he reversaled up a baby, and then he killed a Kingdra with low health. Either way tho. I am sorry you got a bad start, and hands throughout the game. Awesome meeting you, and I love the fact you were playing Potion :D. Hope your brother did well in Top Cut :D... GG.

6-2

Round 9- Match of destiny. Yanmega Magnezone.
I never let her get out a Magnezone, and I ended up devolving a Yanmega on her bench to win it. Either way, it went down to 1-1 and it was scary. I was glad I was able to pull through. GG :D.

7-2

So I made the Top Cut of 128... In this flippy format, I suppose that was great!!! Unfortunately, my friends lost 4 matches and dropped. I wouldn't blame them...

TOP CUT- Reshiphlosion the WORST MATCH UP EVER! Of course I go against it in Top Cut after avoiding it ALL TOURNAMENT.

Game 1- He starts with Vulpix. I go first. He draws nothing during his turn. I evolve into Kingdra, and kill the vulpix for game

Game 2- We both stall for like 8 turns until he finally draw and energy, and I get out of Cleffa lock... He beats me lol.

Game 3- This time he gets a good hand, and I get the bad hand. He beats me with no problems... I don't even think I drew a prize :(...

So I lost first round out of doing good all tournament D:.
Well, what can you do?

WINS:
Meeting Ampachu.
Actually beating an amazing player.
Making top cut.
Getting to see the Gateway Ark.
Having fun :D.

FAILS:
Not collectoring for Absol when I should have...
Not making it past Top Cut.
Not doing ANY side events.
Not talking to anybody very much...

Wow... Well, I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed typing it... My fingers hurt now... I am going to bed lol.

Probably not...

Well, you have a better memory than me--I can't even remember who most of my opponents were or what they played. It's a shame that you didn't get further. I'm still kinda mad that I might of made top cut if I would have played that switch for my RDL against that Zekrom guy, but whatever, I did better than last year. I hope you go higher next year, buddy!

P.S. I'm pretty sure that we passed by the Gateway Arch, not Ark. An ark is a boat or something (like Noah's Ark). ;P

Back