Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Top 32 Report - The Dream came True already? No, it's dead.

Shellshock929

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
I arrived on Thursday with Chris (Espeonchris14), Angel (Tenshi_Lombrre), and Brian G. (GaaRa). We went through the Convention hall and everything, and I hung out with Rocketman, Spazcrackers, Squirtle, and all other TR members. On Friday, I played in the Prof, Cup and went 4-3. Then Saturday comes and here's the report:

Round 1: Abraham Ade (aade8) with Flygon
Nice guy. He traded with my brother over the gym a while back. Anyways, he has a lone Voltorb Start vs. My Castform start. He draws, attaches d rainbow, passes. I draw, get the setup and Delta Draw. He draws and gets a T2 Flygon ex. Unfortunately for him, he only attaches 1 Energy to it the whole game. I ended up getting one out myself later on and KO it, then he scoops.

1-0

Round 2: Vs. Tom Wise (KingGengar) with Mario
Another nice guy. He's friends with SuperTyranitar and ShadowZangoose, which happen to be two good friends of mine. I get my setup, but I don't remember much of this match. Read KingGengar's report if you want more info on this.

2-0

Round 3: vs. ???
Honestly, I don't remember anything about this match except I won.
3-0

Round 4: Vs. Nick K. (Smeagol) with Lucario/Eeveelutions
Another nice guy. In this one, we waited 24 minitues to get our decks back from random deck checks. We got our setups, but my only misplays that I can think of off the top of my head is that I forgot to get an Energy from the discard using Delta support in one turn, and that I transceivered my deck to find Scientist when I used it, not realizing it until later. I needed 1 more Energy for my Vibrava so I can evolve it to Flygon and power it up FTW, but it doesn't work. I lose.
3-1

Round 5: Vs. Shawn Gettys with Elecnite
6 Whole turns with no energy + Ray* KO'ing my Flygon EX ruins everything.
3-2

Round 6: Vs. Tim Baker with Shiftry
I played him in the prof, Cup the day before, and now we're playing each other at Nats. I got my setup, but he leaves his Shiftry open for Attacks. I get a Ray d out, and used it to KO the Shiftry in a matter of turns. It was neck and neck, but I pulled it off in the end with Mew* copying Target Attack to KO the Absol. His misplay was leaving Cursed Stone out for Absol ex to take damage. He did get rid of it, but it didn't help him in the end.
4-2

Round 7: Vs. ??
I am too tired to remember this one, but I know I won.
5-2

Round 8: Vs. Steve Silvestro (Squirtle) with Silvestrados
Steve's a great friend of mine. To be honest, I didn't want to face against him at that particular moment since I was hoping for the both of us to make Top Cut. He gets somewhat of a bad hand, while I got a T2 Flygon d. I got Mew* from Mentor to get it ready for any Flareon ex that comes out. The game was really close, but I eventually used Ray ex d to attack the Jolteon in the bench. He tries to Scoop it up, but he ended up getting Tails. I KO'd the Jolt for 1 Prize left, but he ko's my Ray ex d. I don't remember what I sent up last, but I ended up winning. It was a close game. GG Steve.
6-2

Round 9: Vs. Frankie Durso (deckmaster) with Hariyama/Eeveelutions/Mew ex/Celebi ex
Once a good friend, now I loathe him due to personal issues. We get our setups, but I ended up getting mine faster, although he had a Mew ex start. I used Flygon ex to KO the Mew, He then KO's 2 of my Pokemon, and I KO his Hariyama, and he eventually gives up.
7-2

So I checked the final Standings, and I came in 12th place. I handed in my deck to get it ready for the next day. As the day came and went, I got my deck and I went to sit at the table against my opponent.

Top32: Vs. Jayson Harry (Jayson) with Flygon
G1: He couldn't get anything, while I dominated. W1
G2: No Energy for 5 turns, and he got the upper hand the whole game. L1
G3: He was ahead of me by prizes, and Time was Called. Had the game gone longer, I could of won since I could of continued to set up. L2

Well I made my first T32 cut in my second Nats. I am happy that I did so, but in the end, I think it's a sign that my next season will be much better. I was standing in the sidelines Rooting for John Silvestro to make Top 4, and he did, but only to lose to Fulop and come in Third.

Props:
Team Rocket, for supporting me and being awesome the whole weekend.
My friend Angel for letting me use his Mew*.
Enjoying my stay at Origins.
Making Top 32 at the biggest Event in the US.
Brent and Steve, because they're awesome.
Everyone, including Chris for supporting me all the way.

Slops:
Not enough time to finish Game 3 in Top 32.
MK, Brian G., Christian, and Brent for not making Top Cut.
Brent's Round 1 Match, which was completely stupid, and he shouldn't get the game loss.
People who are being fake.

Well that's pretty much it, and to everyone that's going to worlds, Good Luck guys. Unfortunately for me, I wont be there due to the fact that I have no invite, and Hawaii is too expensive for me to go. Thanks for Reading everyone..

-Peter

Thanks for being nice to me. That first match was kind of depressing (as was rest of my day...oh, well). I'm glad I got to play a top player. I hope that we can play again sometime.

P.S.: My name is Alexander, and not Abraham, but it's your report, so you can use whichever name you like better. :thumb:

Nice job, Peter! Glad to see you made it, but too bad you lost on time. Oh well; I'm sure you'll be back next year!

When time was called, I had crystal shard in hand to attach to Mew*, copy your benched Flygon EX, and one hit your Flygon d. I think I had the game regardless of time. Please don't go around telling my friends that I stalled you out of the win. Sour grapes FTL.

GJ Peter! You were peaking at the right time w/ BR conquests coming into Nats. Next year will be even better!

Keith

Gj peter making top 32

When time was called, I had crystal shard in hand to attach to Mew*, copy your benched Flygon EX, and one hit your Flygon d. I think I had the game regardless of time. Please don't go around telling my friends that I stalled you out of the win. Sour grapes FTL.

if you want to say something then say it to me not to him.. he didnt say anything about you stalling him out.. i said if you were playing slow thats all..he told me no and nothing more nothing less.No sourgrapes here.

Peter, you did fantastic! Next year will be your year!
Thanks for everything and being there when things when south.
Rick

Back