Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Top 4 MO States seniors with Vilegar

Ok, so on Friday, me and my dad get up and drive for 5 hours to STL. We check into our hotel and my dad drops me off at Yeti where I test with people. I decide to play Vilegar tomorrow with a few changes. The next day we get to the venue at 8:30. I'm in seniors, and we have 6 rounds and a top 8.

R1 vs Andrew K w/ LuxChomp ERL

I start ok and go first. I start tomb and use azelf to get gastly. I then use uxie and attach to gastly and d-grace. He goes and attaches energy and uses cyrus to get pokemon collector. I draw and get oddish with collector and d-grace into gloom. He then draws, attaches to active garchomp, and uses pokemon collector to get stuff and then Lv. Ups to chomp x and D-rushes gloom. I then use pokemon collector and get oddish and d-grace to gloom. He then attaches to benched garchomp and switches the active chomp's energy to the bench one and Lv. Ups and D-rushes Gloom. :/ I don't play palmer so I scoop.

0-1

R2 vs Nigel w/ LuxChomp

I setup and sweep.

1-1

R3 vs ??? w/ LuxChomp

I setup and sweep.

2-1

R4 vs ??? w/ ???

IDK what happened but I win.

3-1

R5 vs ??? w/ ChenLock

I start good and start setting up. He start with honchkrow and then attaches and uses chatot. I use pokemon collector and proceed to get vileplume with spiritomb. This game was really long because he played rather slowly, so by the time time was called I was sweeping with gengar and I had 3 prizes left. He also had that many left, but decided to try to get out umbreon instead of attacking me with honchkrow G. I take the remaining prizes and win.

4-1

I don't think I can make it in the top 8, so I have to win my next match to make it.

R6 vs Anne Marrie T w/ Flygon/Vileplume

Her only loss was to the 5-0 guy playing Vilegar, so I assume I have a shot at winning.
I start rather good and pokemon collector+D-grace to get setup. She starts trapinch and uses call to get trapinch and uxie. I see she gets uxie with call and assume she has a bad hand with seeker, so I also get an Uxie and D-grace stuff. She does have sekker and uses it, then retreats to spiritomb and D-graces. I retreat my active spiritomb and use lookers. She has an awful hand so I do mine, evolve chansey to Blissy and shadow room trapinch on her bench for the KO. She then retreats her spiritomb and starts to power swing. She only hits for 50 damege and I heal off 20 with Blissy. This goes on for a while and I KO flygon with Feinting Spell and she has trouble recovering from then. She ends up getting Flygon Lv. X out and I change tactics and take my last prizes on stuff on her bench.

5-1

After this, we talk a little and she says that she didn't think people would be playing Vilegar today so she ran this today. Unfortunatly, there are 3 Vilegar in seniors…

So I know I'm in top cut for sure, so I organize my deck then give it to the judges.
The pairing look like

Me w/ vilegar VS ??? w/ LuxChomp

Amt w/ flygon VS Andrew K. w/ Luxchomp

Jared L. w/ LuxChomp VS Brian H. w/ Vilegar

Jac w/ Gyarados VS Patrick w/ Tyraitar

Top 8

Game 1

I start lone uxie and he goes second and donks me.

O.O~!!!!

0-1

Game 2 &3

I setup and sweep.

2-1

Top 4 looks like

Amt VS Brian H
Me VS Jac

Top 4

Game 1

I start ok, but he wins due to him playing Dialga and me flipping tails on Feinting spell.

0-1

Game 2

I start double tomb and start to setup. He gets T2 Gyarados and KO's active tomb. I sendup haunter and evolve and use twins and start trying to KO him. I endup LZ'ing dialga X, combee, and a magikarp. He scoops.

1-1

Game 3

He plays this game smart and only discards two magikarp. I go 1 for 3 on FS. There was a point where he had no bench and I flipped tails on FS. :/ When I do hit heads on FS, he gets another gyarados out and wins. (Combee was lostzoned)

1-2

I'm a little upset that I loose on a flip, but It happens. ☹

I get my packs and stay and watch. Brian H ends up winning with Vilegar.

Props

Chad for top 2'ing
My dad for taking me
Vilegar

Slops

Tails
Tails
Tails
Amt for loosing to 3 Vilegars
Me for being the only KS player in top 4
Jack+Machamp
Gyarados

If you want my list PM me.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin, I knew my creation of this beautiful Flygon deck would work.

Congrats on the top 4! Tough luck on the flips.

Thanks!
Flygon was.... um... well..... how should I put it...
Just don't play it for regionals.
:p

What does she have to lose?...a trip to world's...I believe she has that covered.

and yes...obviously no one will ever win an event with a deck no one else is playing...oh wait...Stephen Silvestro with Speedrill or maybe all the Japanese players in 2004 using a deck we had that we had discarded.

Too many followers in EVERY card game!!

"Lol Noah and that's why your the best. "Just don't play it for regionals. :p"
Kevin don't be hating because your Flygon loses to my no vileplume vilegar with 2-2 blissey and 4 smeargle.

nah Clay he's right. if flygon has an autoloss, it's definitely what this kid was playing, and because Brian won with it it's going to most likely be played at Regs (there at least). :p

nah Clay he's right. if flygon has an autoloss, it's definitely what this kid was playing, and because Brian won with it it's going to most likely be played at Regs (there at least). :p

Oh trust me...i know its got an autoloss...I think its great that your playing something different.

Pokemon is about autolosses...its just how do you minimize the risk.

Congrats DialgaMaster on the day! You did great against tough competition for sure...Missouri/Tennessee Seniors have a tradition of greatness!!

See you at Regionals...I'll be the Head judge!

Nice Job Noah. You should mention that the judge told us you only had to take 3 prizes in game 2 but Chad lost on time after he had taken 3 because copper knew the right ruling (you have to tkae 4) seniors judges...

He said that we had to take half our prizes for the game to count "Just like last year" Or somin like that.
Too bad Chad couldnt of had our judge for top 2... ;P

Last edited:
I apologize if the judge gave an instruction that was unclear or frankly incorrect.

You know we take pride in our judging, and frankly, the keynote of "just like last year" and your other comments leads me to believe that you all knew what had to be done to win - 4 prizes or does not count.

Can't wait to see everyone at Regionals - the Senior competition will be really really good.

Vince

Its fine.
Your Judges all always great, and all your events are run very smoothly.
That was just a small mistake, and I don't think it effected any of the games.

Seniors will be interesting at Regionals. I'm sure your MO players will make it that way.
Do you have a schedule for it yet?

Keep your eyes on the Regionals thread.

We are having a core scheduling meeting with my volunteer coordinator for side events (who does not realize she has a paid position yet, but Joan, SURPRISE!), to nail down a great side event and fun event schedule for the day (Art Contest, Trivia Contest, Pokeball Dodgeball, League play, much more!)

The side events (outside the main event) schedule will be up shortly as well.

Can't wait for the ULTIMATE SEALED THEME DECK CHALLENGE!

Hey, I appreciate the comments, but I just wanted to acknowledge that no matter how GREAT a judge staff is, there will be mistakes made, and we just try to keep our mistakes to a minimum, correct, and move on!

See you all at Regionals!

Vince

Back