Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Torterra

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristi

I've been testing torterra and I think that it has real potential with many positive matchups.

Pokemon: 22
1 Torterra LV X
2 Torterra DP
1 Torterra SF
2 Grotle MD
3 Turtwig DP
2 Sceptile GE
1 Sceptile SF
1 Grovyle SF
2 Treeko SF
2 Claydol GE
2 Baltoy GE
1 Cherim SF
1 Cherubi SF
1 Uxie LA

Energy: 11
11 Grass

Trainers: 26
3 Rosseane's
3 Great Ball
3 BeBe's
3 TM Evoluter
4 Rare Candy
3 Professor Rowan
4 Poke Healer+
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point

Strategy:
Sceptile GE makes every grass energy attatched to your grass pokemon provide :grass::grass: so that Torterra DP only needs 2 energy to use it's leaf storm attack. With Cherim in play, you can 2-shot pretty much anything with leaf storm, and what you can't, you can use torterra X's attack which does 100 damage and 30 to one of your opponent's bench pokemon. Torterra has an amazing amount of HP, and it's attack heals itself. Poke healers also help to keep it alive by removing a massive 8 damage counters.

TecH's:

1-1 Sunflora SW- Very Useful for helping to the healing strategy of the deck.

+ 1-1 Cherim- If a part of your cherim line is prized, you'll have a backup. It could also help to shoot down those 120 HP pokemon like Dusknoir with Torterra lv x if you have both cherim in play.

torterra sf doesnt work with sceptile of shaymin because its fighting type so i would use the d one over the sf one

When you play the SF Torterra and then level it up it becomes grass again, so you can use their attacks with Sceptile's body and take advantage of Shaymin's extra 40HP . Same trick with Infernape fighting leveled up to the Lv X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back