4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
1 Luxury Ball
3 Warp Point
2 Dawn Stadium
2 Pokedex
1 Premier Ball

Strategy-

Torterra Pt is your main attacker. With Sceptile providing Energy Exceleration. He can be ready to attack fairly quickly. I chose The DP Torterra as the tech torterra because It really helps the Kingdra and T-tar matchup. Shaymin gives your Torterra A large HP bonus making it harder to kill.

Last edited:
A pretty standard torterrible build. The 4 SSUs are a bit unusual. As your attackers are stage 2, and you are planning a bench with Claydol, Shaymin, Sceptile, who do you plan on scooping up? I'd prefer adding in 4 Pokedex or Pokeblowers.

Its going to be hard to get everything out, but I guess you don't need all the techs to make the deck work. Your problem is going to be when you've spend time and searching cards building up a Sceptile and a Shaymin LvX, and your opponent gets out a Dialga G LvX, and there goes the synergy. If it happens after the energy acceleration, you might be OK. If it happens before you are all setup, you'll be toast.

Dialga g I have found is not a huge problem.. Getting 4 energy on a torterra is not hard at all. Then just vigorous dash and snipe the dialga g x on the bench.

take out DP Torterra.. torterra has a lot of HP. He doesn't need an attack to rescue HP

put then a SF torterra.. has good moves, takes regigigas by weakness and acelerate a lot you game with Sunshine song.. I use a torterra deck with him, then I can say he helps a lot !
I don't like azelf too..

good luck!

Sf torterra is not needed.. And if it is then for what reason?

Ya you get to evolve your benches turtwig into a grotle and treeko into grovyle.. But that could be done twice as fast with a rare candy or 2. His attacks are mediocre and come at full price. (sceptile no worky on fighting poke's). Why have a use less torterra not only taking up bench space but wasting a torterra from platinum that is almost as good?

Blah sf torterra is not my fav.

I'm sure Torterra SF is good.
To receive the bonus of sceptile's body, you heve the lv X (;

With two level X's you ought to have a Premier ball or two. Maybe go to 2 Warp points and add in 2 Premier Balls.

And I would go with 3 Pt Torterra. With Sceptile in play, Green Blast does 100 damage with three energies.

I personaly hate the concept behind torterra, but i will try to help.
you dont need 4 turtwig so take one out for a swich or warp poin because you have a huge enrgy cost and they can be game changing. also, pokedex is not needed since it only provides a single draw, you would be better of with prof. oaks visit

you dont need 4 turtwig

Why don't you? Turtwig is the preferred starter. I see your point about Warp Point. I used pokedex because POV would count as my supporter and I'd rather use bebes and pokedex then POV. What should I take out for another Warp Point?

3 Turtwigs is enough. You could replace 1 Turtwig with an Azelf. This deck runs some pretty thin lines. If a couple of critical cards are prized and you don't have Azelf, you will lose. You have 2 NM; you can bring back a Turtwig or two during the game if needed. Other than that, I think its a pretty solid build. You could drop 1 Pokedex for an Uxie for speed prior to getting Claydol set up, and the other for another Warp. Things like Warp - Shaymin up - Level up to Shaymin X - Warp - Attack are very effective ways of getting the X up, and much more reliable than Level Maxes. Like mentioned, these things can be game changing.

I've tried with 3 and 4 Turtwig. Torterra generally likes to sac its opening Pokemon and set up on the bench, rather than powering the Active and hitting from there. The basic reason is that you've only got 3 Torterras to work with; you want to make sure you get as much attacking time with each of them before they go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back