Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

!!!Torterrra LVL.X deck!!! need help for new season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmer_J123

I've been seeing alot of Torterra Lvl. X decks and decided to post my Idea for one:

Pokemon:24
2x Turtwig DP
1x Grotle DP
2x Torterra DP
2x Torterra Lvl. X DP
2x Eggs DP2
2x little Eggs DP2
2x Nidoran (F) d DF
1x Nidorina d DF
2x Nidoqueen d DF
2x Skitty PK
2x Delcatty PK
4x Budew DP

Trainers:22
Supporters:
4x Celio's Network
2x PETM
2x Mentor
2x Copycat
3x Steven's Advice
2x Switch
4x Rare Candy
3x Mr. Stone's Project
Energy:14
10x Grass Energy
4x DRE

Strategy:

The Strategy here is to start with Turtwig, do 20 to start, then start Rare Candying your nidorans and Turtwigs. Nidoqueen is for faster setup , Eggs for faster energy attaching, and Torterra/Lvl.X for POWER!!!

Any help is appreciated!!!

Last edited:
you could add holons magneton or holons electrode so that u could u meganiums pokepower to attach a grass energy to one of ur poke and attach a holon's poke so that way u could get ur poke powered up quicker. and since the holons "energy" pokemon count as pokemon in the discard you can still use power tree to get back the grass discarded. :thumb:

wow was just looking at Vespa and Meg Ex. the lisit looks pretty solid. i'd drop the scott for another celio to max them out. thats bout it. and GL with the deck

- 2 Turtwig
- 1 PETM
- 1 Copycat
+ 4 Pinsir

- 1 Rare Candy
- 2 Castaway
- 1 Steven's
+ 4 TV Reporter

-2 Citrus Berry
+1 Switch
+1 Warp point

- 2 Power Tree
+ 2 Windstorm

- 3 Holon's Magnetrode
+ 3 Double Rainbow Energy

That will work way better.

Magneton is a better idea then Double Rainbow here, due to the fact that it gets you back a Grass Energy to attach with Meganium EX.

If you were to go with a special energy for the deck though, I'd recommend Scramble. You're considering being behind on prizes anyways for Dodaitose's power, and this can allow him to attack with only one more grass energy attached. Of course, this messes up Power Tree, so I would only recommend it if it turns out that Power Tree is unable to stay in play long enough to be useful.

How well is this doing early game, by the way? I've tried testing a similar deck and it ALWAYS has problems dealing with early rushers, especially Infernape. It seems a tad silly to have 4 of the basic, but only two of all of it's evolutions. Pinsir (LM) would help to get the evolutions and the like for Naetle... So I second at least that part of the changes (unless you have some fascination with grabbing any normal trainer, in which Budew is interesting due to it's lack of energy cost and can evolve into a useful Roselia. Without transceiver though, that doesn't look to be as good as Pinsir)

IMO budew is a better starter than pinsir..

1. it has a free attack
2. its attack searches out candies and such
3. it has an evo that can pull up pokemon
4. it doesnt have double weakness.

Take out 2 Turtwig and add in 2 Budew. This will help get your candies and tools. If you can find room add a Roselia (DP) to help stall in the early game while you get set up.

IMHO,

- Meganium ex line
+ 2-1-2 Nidoqueen line for searching

Because Vespiquen heals Torterra for you and it helps get your pokes faster. GL with the deck!

Thanks guys, I added the changes.......

Ascension:
The Nido line is tempting, but the Meganium ex line accelerates NRG attaching and it helps with the healing Strategy.

where is your exegcutor (Imean the DP version) line?
kick out those berries and put some crystal shards
maybe you can try latio's star!!
- 2-1-2 meganium ex line
+ 2-2exegcutor line
I think, you put 2 mawile (cg) is better than the budew and rosey?!
try to make some space for windstorm.

that's all, good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back