Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Toughest Pokemom and Pokedad's to play against

Lanturn1992

I see alot of parents who play Pokemon in tournaments. Who in your opinion is the harder Pokeparents in your area or that you have played against in tournaments ?

For example you look at the matchup slip before you play and you are like "Oh great, this could be tough".

John Sylvestro
Eric Richards
Jim Roll

These are the ones that come to mind immediately. I know there are tons more and I will add them as I remember.

Jimmy

Seconding (Thirding?) Jim Roll is tough, but it's hard to find a more fun person to play against. I think I've won against him twice, and Jim's always kept the games we play a blast.

Hmm I think the toughest Pokeparents lately I've seen in no particular order.

Roberto A
Alex D
Jim R.
Dawn G.

I believe all of these people are from Florida as well!

This is an awesome idea for a thread!

I play in SC, NC, GA, and the GA marathon. I think the following poke-parents are really really good:

Todd Sterret
Dylan Bryon's dad from NJ. I can't remember his first name off the top of my head...
Jim Roll
Eric Richards

It's tough to say who's the best out of that group!

-Guy

Hmm I think the toughest Pokeparents lately I've seen in no particular order.

Roberto A
Alex D
Jim R.
Dawn G.

I believe all of these people are from Florida as well!

I'm not a Pokeparent, but thanks anyway. Still trying to find a boyfriend that sticks.... :frown:

- Croatian "old enough to be one" Nidoking

This is an awesome idea for a thread!

I play in SC, NC, GA, and the GA marathon. I think the following poke-parents are really really good:

Todd Sterret
Dylan Bryon's dad from NJ. I can't remember his first name off the top of my head...
Jim Roll
Eric Richards

It's tough to say who's the best out of that group!

-Guy

Danny Bryan, yes. Rob Wiedermann too. Both get extra points for the whole family playing.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned one of the previous greats at the game. Jimmy Ballard.

South Florida Pokedad/League Owner/Tournament organizer Larry Altavilla is pretty legit in all aspects of Pokemon.

I'm not a Pokeparent, but thanks anyway. Still trying to find a boyfriend that sticks.... :frown:

- Croatian "old enough to be one" Nidoking

Not to be some kind of cupid here but Anthony C. told me he is having the same problem....solved?:thumb:

toughest pokeparents ive played:

Jim Roll
Roberto Arenas
John Silvestro(havent played him but i've seen him play)

Justin "Matchmaker" Sanchez

how bout we mention some more pokemoms?? we all know they're out there!

In my area, Denise Barlock has kicked my butt more than once, though I don't think she plays anymore. :/
Posted with Mobile style...

Roberto Arenas ; Not only a great player, but a great person as well. All of our games have always been a blast. His Wife Gricelda ( Sorry if I misspelled ) is also of the same Caliber.

Jim Roll : Great player, once again. All of our games have always been fun. Win or Lose.

John Silvestro : Man, I remember we used to have such epic games.. I miss you buddy. : (

I'm sure there are plenty more that I honestly can't think of at the moment.

how bout we mention some more pokemoms?? we all know they're out there!

In my area, Denise Barlock has kicked my butt more than once, though I don't think she plays anymore. :/
Posted with Mobile style...

I agree with you on that one. She gave me a run for my money when she played.

My dad is super good once when I tried to teach him how to play he took 2 prizes against me
That's more than Moose101 did in all of our top 2 games combined this year

Last edited:
Jeff Harris
Some Japanese PokeDad in LCQ.

Perhaps there are lots of Pokedads in the grinder, but there's one guy who comes to mind: a certain Mr. Suzuki (guy with 2-3 kids who play and glasses). He played me in 2008, and my brother in 2009, and we both had some really intense, hard-fought games each.

Back