Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tournament Organizer Gary Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinox6

If you haven't heard yet, Georgia TO, and one of the founders of City Marathons, Gary Warren has been indefinitely banned from pokemon without reason. I have recently spoken with Gary and he has no information, no accusations, and his only way to contact TCPi about the issue is through letter, no emails or phone calls. This is their contact policy regarding bans.

This post is here for 3 reasons:
1. To find out if this is THE Gary Warren, Georgia Marathon TO, and not some other person with the same name. If someone from TCPi could confirm just this, that would be great.

2. To get the word out that Gary has, at this moment, been unjustly banned, so that the player base can support him. IF information comes out that he has been banned for just reasons, then I will support that decision by TCPi. But until then, an innocent person has been treated as guilty (of who knows what?) for unapparent reasons.

3. To request of anyone from TCPi to inform Gary of why he was banned. Obviously, TCPi won't be able to tell us, but it would be nice if they would at least let Gary know.

I spoke with Gary and he is fine with me posting this, just so everyone knows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SPECULATING AS TO WHY HE WAS BANNED. THERE IS LITERALLY NO POINT IN THAT

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone jump aboard the "Unban Gary Warren" bandwagon, aka The Warren Bandwagon, aka the Warren Wagon.

I was wondering why no one posted about this on here yet

There is no point in making up reasons. That can only do harm. Please refrain from this.

Then what do you honestly expect us to do? Everything has to have a reason. No reason is still a reason. I am predicting an reason for the reason why this person was banned. Don't get upset. No need to put it on other people. I understand how much Cities count for many people, but dang man.

Then what do you honestly expect us to do? Everything has to have a reason. No reason is still a reason. I am predicting an reason for the reason why this person was banned. Don't get upset. No need to put it on other people. I understand how much Cities count for many people, but dang man.

This has nothing to do with Cities....the marathon will happen with our without Gary. But predicting a reason as to why someone is guilty who, at the moment, is innocent can literally only do harm. Why don't I go ahead and say that he's hijacked a city bus? It makes no sense and is totally ungrounded speculation. The point of this thread is not to deduce reasons, but to support Gary and get TCPi to give him the reason, not us.

Thank you! That's probably a good idea. :)

You didn't say anything that added any serious input to the conversation. So, I thought you may not have understood the premise. And like I said, I meant no offense :)

I think it would also be good if you delete the posts you made that you mention me in to not have a "hidden, unnecessary, spammy" conversation in this thread because it clogs up this thread with info that is not pertaing to the topic at hand...

My posts on this end here.

Now, I don't know anything about this man, but I really must ask...

What is the point of this thread?

You've stated that we can't speculate on why he was banned. We also have NO idea why he was banned. Literally all we're able to do at this point is throw blind support at a man who very well could have done something wrong (not making any judgements, I'm just saying that since we have no info, it could very well be a possibility). So yeah, really have no idea what purpose this thread is supposed to serve.

Kezzup..... I think you hit the nail on the head. We have no idea why he was banned, and we can only speculate (which I'm not allowing, since it could cause harm to his character). Thus, to clear any rumors it would be nice if TCPi would contact Gary and let him know why he was banned. You don't have to support him, especially since you don't know him, but it would be nice if people could support the idea that TCPi should at least inform him of the reason why he was banned. Also, I did write a 3 point section of my OP titled "This post is here for 3 reasons." I hope this response and my OP can clear things up. Thanks!

This thread exists because Gary Warren had organized some good tournaments over the year, helped Pokemon grow, and has been a good friend to many players in the game. His name is on a ban list, with no explanation, and everyone is at a loss on how someone like him could be banned. Even if he did do something that justifies a ban, it is still wrong that no reasoning for a ban has been given to him.

Well, if that;s the purpose, I believe there is a forum that is particularly for contacting TPCI personally. Even if I'm wrong on that, they also have an e-mail which could also be used to ask them questions like this.

This thread is publicly calling for some explanation that a harmless (as far as I've ever seen) old man, who happens to be a big part of his community, being banned without any reasoning.

Anyone that has no place in the situation "thinking of a reason" can only come across as an accusation.

I'm not saying Gary could have done no wrong, but it seems like a poor choice to ban a PTO that has only been an asset to this game. I just don't understand what he would have done to deserve a ban. Gary's character has never been suspect to me. He's a generally happy dude, and everyone I know calls him "Grandpa Gary".

So even though the precedent has been set that "Bans are not discussed publicly", I think P!P owes an explanation to the community as to why Gary is being removed. I don't see it happening though, and this will probably go down like every other PTO that I've seen banned: We'll hear about it in hushed whispers with no credible sources.

Well, if that;s the purpose, I believe there is a forum that is particularly for contacting TPCI personally. Even if I'm wrong on that, they also have an e-mail which could also be used to ask them questions like this.

Through my experiences with TCPi, this forum has been a more reliable place to hear from them than any email or contact outlet they have. :( In an ideal world, where they communicated a little better, this thread wouldn't have to exist.

This thread is publicly calling for some explanation that a harmless (as far as I've ever seen) old man, who happens to be a big part of his community, being banned without any reasoning.

Anyone that has no place in the situation "thinking of a reason" can only come across as an accusation.

I'm not saying Gary could have done no wrong, but it seems like a poor choice to ban a PTO that has only been an asset to this game. I just don't understand what he would have done to deserve a ban. Gary's character has never been suspect to me. He's a generally happy dude, and everyone I know calls him "Grandpa Gary".

So even though the precedent has been set that "Bans are not discussed publicly", I think P!P owes an explanation to the community as to why Gary is being removed. I don't see it happening though, and this will probably go down like every other PTO that I've seen banned: We'll hear about it in hushed whispers with no credible sources.

THIS. This is exactly why this thread exists.

For the record the "no phone call" thing is smart for TPCI and honestly Gary as well any interaction they have should be through physical means...this leaves no room for he said/she said and protects both of them.

Just wanted to say this isn't TCPI's way of saying "don't get in touch with us"

That's a good point Jeager. Thanks for bringing that up! I just wish they would let people know why they're banned when they get banned.

That's a good point Jeager. Thanks for bringing that up! I just wish they would let people know why they're banned when they get banned.

I'm sure more will come to light on this issue soon, even if Gary did something horrible simply out of respect for all that he has given this game they will at least let HIM know what it is...I expect very little to come from this thread officially though. TPCI is smart enough not to touch this thread with a 10 foot pole...which once again is smart for them and Gary as well.

I agree, they shouldn't touch this thread at all. But I'm hoping that maybe TCPi will contact Gary or respond to Gary quicker than normal as a result of this thread and because of the support from the player base that Gary has.

For the record the "no phone call" thing is smart for TPCI and honestly Gary as well any interaction they have should be through physical means...this leaves no room for he said/she said and protects both of them.

Just wanted to say this isn't TCPI's way of saying "don't get in touch with us"

Sorry, Jay. Totally disagree with you.

1. No phone calls mean you have to email or write a letter.
2. Writing a letter means, that unless you pay for priority delivery which costs 7 bucks, and still takes an "estimated" 2-3 days, for ONE way communication, that it could take weeks to get any kind of correspondence going. A week for a letter to arrive, days to have to go through channels, time to get back, etc.
3. You say it elimiantes the he-said she-said, but email would also eliminate this. I don't see why they wouldn't allow emails, but they will allow PHYSICAL mail, which costs a LOT more, and is a lot slower.

So, yeah, totally and utterly disagree. This seems like an attempt to either drag the process out, or make it really irritating and expensive to follow up on, thus discouraging followup.

--

Regardless, this situation shows a lack of professionalism. Even if Gary totally deserved his banning, he also deserves to know WHY he was banned.

This isn't a court room, but I wish it were. You have a right due to a speedy and due process (no email and no phone calls disrupts this), a right to face your accuser (see left), a right to defend yourself, you are innocent until PROVEN guilty, and a right to know what you are being charged with (no ban explanation). Don't bother saying, "but this isn't the government or the law, it's a private business blah blah blah". Duh. I know that. I said WISH it were, because in the public arena at least things are fair and open. None of that happened here. We expect those things in a courtroom because they bring about posterity and fairness, but this is anything but fair. Even if the sentencing is ultimately fair, the whole process was corrupt. Not being told WHY you are banned, and not even being given a fair way to communicate or defend yourself is just totally unprofessional.

This guy started the idea of a marathon. He's grown the game a LOT. He has always been a very very nice person, and absolutely upholds the spirit of the game. I know I am biased, because I am friends with Gary, and have known him for years, but there is nothing biased in the desire to want fairness for him. Like I said, even if the banned was deserved- he should still be told WHY it happened, and shouldn't have to drop lots of money to do it in a speedy or efficient way.

The whole thing looks super shady and suspect. It just makes me question the motives of the brass, and why they would take such a poor course of action about resolving a situation that is apparently dire enough to warrant an indefinite ban.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back