Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tournament Software

babayaga

I got as far as unzipping the software, saw that it was an .exe, and tossed it into the trash. I thought I'd seen/heard talk about a cross-platform version? For $diety sake people, can't something be written in JAVA?

[sigh] If someone could let me know when they have a tournament output file, perhaps I can reverse engineer some PHP/MySQL magic to output the same info. In the meantime, I guess I can pull it out of the trash and try it with WINE :(

How many others are running non-Windoze systems and want to use tournament software?

I Hear you... I use Mac OS X and I too wish for a cross platform Tournament Software. At least I was able to find a Palm Compatible Tournament Ware (It just doesn't have any reporting capabilities). :pokeball:

I was wondering.... is the software downloadable some where...

I will be hosting an event soon and will need the software.....

)v(ajin_ipg21 said:
I bought a PC laptop *for cheap* because of DCI's s/w being non-Mac =(

Well, I have a beautiful graphite clamshell iBook which dual-boots OSX and Yellow Dog Linux. It's compact and oh-so-cool and I'd love to be able to bring it to tourneys, and I can't afford another system! I'll have to compile WINE from source for that baby if I can even get WINE to run the program on my desktop system. But I can't so far (starts to load, then I get a beautiful graduated blue screen with no dialog box or control widgets). :mad:

I shudder at the thought of having to debug this.

Well... you can also always try runing it on Vertual PC. Of course, I pride myself on keeping my Hard Drive Microsoft Free, so I won't even touch the thing.

The WinDoze (Visual Basic) TMS software bugs out (runtime error '9': subscript out of range - and program close) on my Tablet PC (Windows ver 5.1) when trying to add a player to a new tournament... :( :p

update - this is a recurring error when trying to add a player to preregistration, also...

Last edited:
GreatFox said:
Well... you can also always try runing it on Vertual PC. Of course, I pride myself on keeping my Hard Drive Microsoft Free, so I won't even touch the thing.

You sure must be missing the power of Notepad...

So far there have been no releases of this program to non-TOs. So if you are interested in recieving the program, you must sign up to become a Tournament Organizer and sanction at least one event.
-Phil

GymLeaderPhil said:
You sure must be missing the power of Notepad...
Nope... we have SimpleText, a much more powerfeull version of Note Pad! ;) . But, if you want to have a good Tournament Ware, don't have a PC, own a Palm PDA, and don't mind reporting everthing by hand... I'd suggest using Tourny by TournyWare.

Last edited:
Back