Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tournaments&Leagues in Public Library

Weedler

Has anyone tried setting up leagues/tournaments in libraries?

There are NO hobby/game stores where I live, so I'm trying to get a local library to hold sanctioned pokemon events.

Eh, not sure what you mean. If you mean like, how to run the league, I'm not the best guy to ask. RR or other big League Leaders are definitley better, but here's one tip: make sure to keep all the kids involved ALL the time.

~Chu

We use a meeting room in our local library (they have a small room which holds 12 players and a large room where I have held City Championships of 53 players!) to hold a twice-monthly League here in Maryland. It doesn't affect the library patrons, since it's seperate from the main room.

'chu - flattered by the categorization as 'big' league leader :wink: - big I'm just one of the noisiest, not the biggest! lol

PokePop said:
Do you need to be a prof to have a league at a non-store location?

Hmm, good question! I remember me being a prof was a deciding factor when I applied (almost two years ago!!) - don't know exactly how POP is handling it now...

My mom is LL and isn't a Prof. And we hold it at the Rec Center. So I doubt that it's a big deal.

And lol RR, that's what I meant. ;p

~Chu

Heard back from the library, and the can set aside time in august (once a week)
Until then I'm going to some of the future members' houses to teach them the game, trade cards and whatnot.
I've also pondered hold the league at another, smaller library until August.

I've applied for a league, and put my personal contact info instead of the library. Hopefully the folks at POP don't think that I'm trying to shaft them and get a bunch of freebies, it's just that the library is quite slow and uncoordinated in such things.
(hmm..maybe I should send an email to POP explaining my situation)

Would I be breaking any rules if I purchased theme decks and booster packs to sell at league play events (at the price I bought them, of course).

Weedler said:
Would I be breaking any rules if I purchased theme decks and booster packs to sell at league play events (at the price I bought them, of course).

Well, you;ll definitely need to check with the Library - I know mine prohibits cash transactions (that's why my League there has always been free, as was the Feb 2004 City Championship I held there!)

RainbowRichards said:
Well, you;ll definitely need to check with the Library - I know mine prohibits cash transactions (that's why my League there has always been free, as was the Feb 2004 City Championship I held there!)

Does POP send league shipments to your personal address?
(it might seem awful suspicious, I mean anybody could apply for a library league and put their personal address for the contact info, in order to get a bunch of free stuff)

You'll want to discuss further details with the POP representative IMHO - but do know there is more to it than simply registering a new location and receiving materials.

The League Owner must report (including providing POP ID numbers and other detailed info on the players who attended) in order to continue to be active and receive new season materials.

There are checks and balances in place to prevent misuse/abuse of the system.

does any one live in Redcliffe in Australia if so any one that does please pm me if you are interested in making a tourney for the first time in Redcliffe.

Back