Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Toxicroak LV. X

stalkerex

Toxicroak LV. X :fighting:hp80
ht 4'03 wt 97.9

:ppowr: Energy Croak, Once during you turn (before you attack) you may use this power. Search your dicard pile for an energy card and attach it to one of your pokemon. This power cant be used if Toxicroak is affected by a special condition.

:psychic::fighting: Sucker Punch 50 You may discard 1 card from your hand, if you do, do 30 damage to 1 of your opponents benched pokemon. (Dont apply weakness or resistance for benched pokemon.)

Weakness:psychic:+30
Resistance
Retreat cost:colorless:colorless

The {P} Energy requirement on Sucker Punch makes no sense. Has Nintendo's D/P set's Drapion δ poisoned your mind? If you're wanting to reflect the Poison-type, a {G} Energy is what you want.

The {P} Energy requirement on Sucker Punch makes no sense. Has Nintendo's D/P set's Drapion δ poisoned your mind? If you're wanting to reflect the Poison-type, a {G} Energy is what you want.

From what i have been told, poison is going to now be referred to as :)psychic:)
speaking of drapion, i wonder why he is weak to :psychic: on the card tho he is part :dark: and is only weak to GROUND TYPES?

Oh, [OOPS!], looks like Drapion δ DID poison your mind!

Look, {G} has always referred to Poison from the start of the TCG. And it ain't changing anytime soon.

Oh, [OOPS!], looks like Drapion δ DID poison your mind!

Look, {G} has always referred to Poison from the start of the TCG. And it ain't changing anytime soon.

Where was no Drapion δ. Poison types are now :psychic: types. Look at dp2. The set has :psychic: type Nidoqueen and more :psychic: type poison types.

The card itself should be stronger because it is a LV. X. You might want to make sucker punch do 50 + 30 and hurt a guy on the bench for 30 if you discard.

Where was no Drapion δ. Poison types are now :psychic: types. Look at dp2. The set has :psychic: type Nidoqueen and more :psychic: type poison types.

The card itself should be stronger because it is a LV. X. You might want to make sucker punch do 50 + 30 and hurt a guy on the bench for 30 if you discard.

Thats a good idea, i just try not to make the cards to broken you know? But that isnt to bad.

Also thanks for noticing the poison change as well. I asked our tournament org, and he also says its being changed to :psychic:. I wanna say its cause bug and grass are :grass: and a third :grass: type is 1 to many. Maybe its becoming :psychic: because its purple, like what color poison looks like on the games? Also to spread difference in types. Either way, it seems like poison and psy decks could take off in the future..

Carrington338, FYI, Skorupi and Dorapion ARE NOT δ!!!!!! Dragon Frontiers was the LAST set to ever have a Pokémon of a strange type.

Carrington338, FYI, Skorupi and Dorapion ARE NOT δ!!!!!! Dragon Frontiers was the LAST set to ever have a Pokémon of a strange type.
Apparently not. We got more weird-type Pokémon in Diamond and Pearl, and the next set after that is bound to bring even more weird-type Pokémon, such as Crobat δ, Nidoqueen δ, and Toxicroak δ. Face it, Delta Species isn't dead until they stop with these weird-type Pokémon for good!

The only things are about Delta Species are...

1. Their type is manipulated, and Drapion's type HAS NOT been manipulated in any way. The WHOLE type has changed according to D/P, not just Drapion, and that's the way most CAC'ers will work with Poison types.

2. They have the special Delta sign, allowing them to be seached via Holon Researcher, pitched for an extra card to Holon Adventurer, and net you an extra card off of Castform's Delta Draw.

Carrington, I realize that you like the way the game's mechanics worked in WotC's era, but things are changing, and you will keep getting heat from those who do respond to change by adaptation unless you change as well. JMO.

I wanna say its cause bug and grass are :grass: and a third :grass: type is 1 to many.
Psychic and Ghost are {P}, and a third {P} is 1 too many. On the flip side, Grass, Poison, and Bug are {G}, and 3 {G} is the right number for it. Keep in mind that {D} and {M} didn't exist at the start of the TCG, {R} makes pretty much no sense for anything besides Fire, {L} makes pretty much no sense for anything besides Electric, there's already 3 {F} in Fighting, Ground, and Rock, and {W} doesn't need a third since it has Water and Ice already. And don't even get me started about {C}!

Anybody who thinks that Poison types are remaining to be {G} types are wrong. I have DP2 Crobat, Nidoqueen, and other poison types in that set, and they have no 'delta' mark on them. The card creators are officially changing poison types to be represented by the {P} symbol rather than {G}.

This is indeed a very nice card. Mmhmm. Not overly strong or weak.

And why does that guy bother saying Toxicroak is 'delta' when THERE IS NO 'DELTA' SYMBOL ON THE CARD? Weird...

80 hp for a stage "2" is way too low. At least 100-110, since most stage 1s now have 80-90, and lv Xs usually increase the hp of the poke by 10-20.

I'm actualy going to agree that the idea to change poison from {G} to {P} was a bad idea. I mean, now every Poison typ is weak to themselves!

Back