Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ToxiTank Comeback

goliaththegreat

With Unown G being rotated,SP worse match up might become Machamp(?).
With Toxicroak G(not promo)having the built in Unown G Poke Body,is there a chance that ToxiTank may make a come back?

Full on Toxitank? No. It fails vs other SP decks.

Toxitank tech? Most probably will make a comeback.

Quite honestly, A Crowned Tiger variant (Like worlds 09) could be great next rotaition. Add in a Garchomp C line and you are away!

I'm not sold to be honest. Most Machamp decks would run 3-4 BTS, so you're looking at 6-7+ spots dedicated to it as a tech. You still run the risk of them playing a counter stadium, and losing those spots makes you lose the mirror with most SP decks. Theres other options out there.

Can't it be any stadium fr skuntank? So they actually help you by playing BTS?

No. Has to be the Skuntank player's stadium. Though, if the opponent only has BTS and you play BTS first then you are good for the rest of the game. :D

were it so easy

The deck doesn't have enough damage output.
SPs just heal/turn and smash up.
Stage2s are just big and bury you.

That's why the majority of players that's run it since it was released seems to have met disappointment and a 2-X or worse record.

I have had a straight forward "speed" Toxi-Tank deck in my bag most of the year. It is competitive, but not really good.

1-1 Mewtwo (SP Counter)
4 Croaks
2 Tanks
Bats and Weavile stuff.
9 Stadiums with 4 Speed, 4 Pokemon Contest Hall (high consistency), 1 Snow Point.

It worked, but didn't bother with Luxray. (in other decks), and 9 stadiums let you win the stadium battle, and also contest hall assisted in set up. If SP decks had counter to Mewtwo, you lost..

Back