Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TRAINER CARDS == WALLY'S TRAINING (EX:Sandstorm)

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
Q. Can I use Wally's Training to place a Stage 2 onto a Basic Pokemon?

A. No. Wally's Training does not work on making your Basic Pokemon into a Stage 2. It just pulls the next stage from the deck and you evolve to that. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training search for Pikachu when you have a Pichu active?

A. No, Wally's Training states to search for a card that "Evolves From" your active Pokemon. Pikachu does not say that it "Evolves From" Pichu, so Wally's Training will not work in this situation. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training on the first turn of a game (when Pokemon are not normally allowed to evolve)?

A. No. There is nothing in the card that allows it to break this rule. Nothing evolves on the first turn of the game! (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training on a Pokemon's first turn in play? For example, can I place down a Wurmple, make it active, and then use Wally's Training on the same turn to evolve it into Silcoon or Cascoon?

A. Wally's Training doesn't allow you the first turn of the game, but it does allow you to evolve a Pokemon the first turn it is in play. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Back