Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Trainers that evolve

Megamachamp

Hi, it's Megamachamp again. Welcome.

Trainer
Super Potion 2
evolves from Potion

Remove 4 damage counters from 1 of your Pokemon.

Trainer
Mega Potion
evolves from Super Potion

Remove 5 damage counters from 1 of your Pokemon.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

How would the "evolves from" mechanic work for Trainers? Once you play a Trainer, its effect is used and the Trainer's discarded, in most cases.

dkates said:
How would the "evolves from" mechanic work for Trainers? Once you play a Trainer, its effect is used and the Trainer's discarded, in most cases.

What I'm saying is that when you have Super Potion in your hand and have Potion in play you pick if you want to use Potion's affect. The same with Mega Potion.

OK. In that case, replace "Evolves from X", where X is the name of the first Trainer, with something like this: "When you play X, you may immediately play (this Trainer) on top of it instead of using its effect." Replace (this Trainer)with the name of the card. I still think it's a wierd mechanic, and not really worth the trouble, but that text at least makes it possible.

I don't aprove of your asking is people will post, but here is my opinon. The idea is cool, but unplayable. This is because trainers have a one time use type-of-thing. So, in other words, you can't evolve a trainer.

Mysterous Fossel was a trainer that evolved. Root Fossel and Claw Fossel may evolve (not sure) Here is my idea for a trainer card that could evolve in the way you were wanting:

Data Log Trainer (50 Hp) <-red numbers.

Play this Trainer as a Basic Pokemon, however it has no attacks, may not retreat or be effected by a status condition. When you play a Non Suporter, Statum, or PokeTool card you may attach that trainer to this card, when this card is knocked out, you may then play any attached trainer card. (Does not count as a Prize card)

Porygon3 said:
Mysterous Fossel was a trainer that evolved. Root Fossel and Claw Fossel may evolve (not sure) Here is my idea for a trainer card that could evolve in the way you were wanting:

Data Log Trainer (50 Hp) <-red numbers.

Play this Trainer as a Basic Pokemon, however it has no attacks, may not retreat or be effected by a status condition. When you play a Non Suporter, Statum, or PokeTool card you may attach that trainer to this card, when this card is knocked out, you may then play any attached trainer card. (Does not count as a Prize card)

I agree with you Porygon3.

Agreed. Bumping gets posts locked. If you make a post, have it contain information/opinions relevant to the thread.

Back