T8 Tropical Beach
T4 Tropical Beach

Thanks!

Regular Tropical Beach- $80
T32 Tropical Beach- $85
T16 Tropical Beach $100
T8 Tropical Beach $160
T4 Tropical Beach $200

All based off last year's current prices with a bump for newy-new-gotta-have-it artwork.

T32 Tropical Beach- $85
T16 Tropical Beach $100
T8 Tropical Beach $160
T4 Tropical Beach $200

All based off last year's current prices with a bump for newy-new-gotta-have-it artwork.

$80 for a normal seems way too high. Just wondering but how did you get that price. I know that a lot of people value a regular Tropical Beach at $40-$50 then a staff at around $80.

$80 for a normal seems way too high. Just wondering but how did you get that price. I know that a lot of people value a regular Tropical Beach at $40-$50 then a staff at around $80.

Because to get someone to take it out of the binder set and sell it as a single this soon after worlds generally takes that much.

Because to get someone to take it out of the binder set and sell it as a single this soon after worlds generally takes that much.

But I know soon like last years beach will settle down and will not become an 80 dollar card. But yeah I do understand what you are saying.

Eh, Unstamped>Staff, wasn't it?

Yeah but still. Basically what wanye was saying is that tropical Beach is worth as much as a Shiny Rayquaza from DRX. Which i think is way off. I feel that even $60 would be better but not $80. Also I checked out ebay today for teh Tropical Beach's. And I will be looking often to see how the T32 card from this year is going to sell.

Yeah but still. Basically what wanye was saying is that tropical Beach is worth as much as a Shiny Rayquaza from DRX. Which i think is way off. I feel that even $60 would be better but not $80. Also I checked out ebay today for teh Tropical Beach's. And I will be looking often to see how the T32 card from this year is going to sell.

It doesn't matter, no offense meant, what you think or what something will be worth in the future when prices settle. All that matters is the here and now. Right now, it would take at least $80 to get one and there's plenty of people willing to pay it.

As to Rayquaza vs. Tropical Beach, I would do that trade every day and twice on Sunday. Rayquaza will eventually be a $10-15 card. Tropical Beach, due to just how extremely limited it is, will always command a higher price.

It doesn't matter, no offense meant, what you think or what something will be worth in the future when prices settle. All that matters is the here and now. Right now, it would take at least $80 to get one and there's plenty of people willing to pay it.

As to Rayquaza vs. Tropical Beach, I would do that trade every day and twice on Sunday. Rayquaza will eventually be a $10-15 card. Tropical Beach, due to just how extremely limited it is, will always command a higher price.

I didn't think of the second thing you said. I didn't think that Rayquaza will be a ten to fifteen dollar card. But thanks for the comment. And I am not offended.

I do have a question though. How much do you think the value is for all the 2012 Tropical beach's minus the English and Japanese version?

I do have a question though. How much do you think the value is for all the 2012 Tropical beach's minus the English and Japanese version?

I don't keep track of foreign language card values, even Japanese with few exceptions. However the foreign 2012 Beaches appear to be selling for $35-40. I know the complete binder sells for about $125 and have seen them go for as much as $225 with a last minute bid war or when brand new. Not the binder from this year, but of all years past. The two I've seen a closed price on for 2012 went for 182 and 165.

So if you think about it, 8 cards reaching $165-180 should be about $20 each, but if the English is $60-80, and Japanese is definitely more valuable at $30-40

90-120/165-180

There is a gap of 70-60 for the remaining 5 so around 10-12 each

So if you think about it, 8 cards reaching $165-180 should be about $20 each, but if the English is $60-80, and Japanese is definitely more valuable at $30-40

90-120/165-180

There is a gap of 70-60 for the remaining 5 so around 10-12 each

You ALWAYS get more selling singles than you do selling a complete set. Take the Dark Explorers set for example. Go to ebay and find a closed price for every single card, including reverse holos, and add them all up. Then compare to completed sales for master sets of the same.

That point I've tried to make with people for years while trying to buy just the English copy from their competitor sets they were trying to sell anyhow. I've tried explaining they will have more profit selling the cards and the binder individually, but most are so convinced that just the opposite is true they won't even do the math.

Well, it's also a lot more work to sell cards individually. Even if you end up doing it online, which you probably would.
It may take you eons to find a buyer, but you only had to list one item. Plus shipping can really add up when doing things in bits and pieces. Not to mention like a hundred trips to the post office.

Well, it's also a lot more work to sell cards individually. Even if you end up doing it online, which you probably would.
It may take you eons to find a buyer, but you only had to list one item. Plus shipping can really add up when doing things in bits and pieces. Not to mention like a hundred trips to the post office.

You would be out less than $10 in additional shipping, profiting an additional 50-60. I dare say that's worth it.

Plus shipping can really add up when doing things in bits and pieces. Not to mention like a hundred trips to the post office.

You really don't ever have to go to the post office. If you sell through Ebay, they give you the option to print a shipping label, which you can print out and put on an envelope (of your choosing). Then you just put that envelope in your mailbox or drop it off at a USPS office or mailbox (which you can find everywhere). If you don't want to use shipping labels, you can always make 1 trip to the post office, buy a book of stamps, and use those. Then just go back when you run out of stamps. The only time I ever go to the post office is to buy stamps or to pay for postage on an item that I can't print a shipping label for and I don't know how many stamps to use (i.e. multiple card purchase outside of Ebay/Paypal).

T32 Tropical Beach- $85
T16 Tropical Beach $100
T8 Tropical Beach $160
T4 Tropical Beach $200

I do not mean to be presumptuous, but if you are going off ebay then mine are the only recent cards (the only top 4/top 8 and I think the only sold top 16), and I just want to stress this is literally the first time I ever dealt with cards over $100 so I had absolutely no idea what sort of maximum price to aim for. I was happy with what I got, but people could definitely aim higher.

I didn't base it off whatever price you got for your cards. I in fact... "All based off last year's current prices with a bump for newy-new-gotta-have-it artwork.".

I said I understood you could be basing it off something else. It was just advice for no one to base off my prices if it was happening, since they were the only ones on ebay at all.

Back