Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tulsa, OK- Looking for anyone interested in joining a league

ST Pika

I'll be moving out to Tulsa, OK to attend Spartan College in the beginning of July, after Origins. I noticed that there was no league listed on the POP site, the 4 listed were in the OKC area. There must be some Pokemon players in OK that are nearer to Tulsa then to OKC, after all, Tulsa has 200,000 people- that's nothing to slouch at.

If I can find enough people that are interested in joining a league, I will start one up somewhere in the area- I'm just trying to see if there's anyone else out there from the area on the gym. Driving to OKC or Del City is okay once in a while. but that's 200 miles round trip plus turnpike tolls which adds up pretty quickly, given gas prices being so high.

I have 2 other people so far... please post a reply here or PM me and let me know. Thanks and I hope that there'll be a Tulsa league come July/August 2005.

I found your thread and wanted to let you know that I am also in Tulsa and I believe there used to be a Saturday tournament at Top Deck games at 31st and Sheridan. I don't think it is still running because not a lot of people show up to play, most play yu-gi-oh on Saturday afternoons. When I went, we had about 8 to 20 people showing up to play. I think what was bad was that most of the younger kids couldn't beat the this one player (I know I couldn't). That along with changing the format to advanced play only hurt the kids who had all of the older cards. I just love getting together and playing the game because it is fun. Sure, I like to win things, but isn't the true meaning of a card game to get together and help eachother out? I mean, whatever happened to playing a game bacause it was fun? Theft may also have been a concern. I had a Team Magma/Team Aqua Swampert EX stolen and I got very upset. I also got frustrated at not being able to beat that one guy. Still, I think Pokemon players are some of the greatest gamers in the TCG world because, for the most part, it's all about fun and not about some holo you may or may not have. Pokemon is making a comeback in my opinion, and I still think it's better than any other CCG out there.

Back