Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Turbo Bibarel Takes 3rd!

Nekizalb

If you’ve ever posted a deck in the “Deck Help and Strategy” section of the Pokegym, chances are I’ve come on and posted a bit of advice. I hope my numerous posts in that section show that I have a good knowledge of many decks (which I believe I do). So it would seem that someone with good knowledge of the game would create a decent deck to play at Battle Roads.

However, this year is my last year in Seniors, so Battle Roads are about the last opportunity for fun, craziness, lols, etc. Plus, the Senior metagame in my area is so small that I could pretty much show up, win a game or two, and get packs. So, I decided to have fun at this Battle Roads and yes, I seriously did play Turbo Bibarel. And yes, this is an actual Battle Roads report.

We have four Seniors, so I get packs whether my fat beavers win any games or not. Yay!

Round 1 vs. David L., SP Toolbox

I get a really bad opening hand and so I use Self Abandonment with Bidoof for a little while. I scoop pretty quickly. 0-1
We play a practice game. He’s first, and flips over Garchomp C. Attach, pass. I attach Pluspower and Energy to Bidoof, and flip heads with Self Abandonment to do 80 damage to his Garchomp C for the donk. Fat beavers donking tier 1 material, oh yeah!

Round 2 vs. Kyle M., Typhlosion/Charizard/Ursaring

I take a quick prize of Charmander, then a belted Ursaring comes up and attacks. I send up Bibarel, Flash Bite Ursaring 3 times, drop 2 Pluspowers, and Surf for a total of 110 damage. Bibarel gets Megaton Lairieted or whatever the second attack is called for 120. Uxie Psychic Restores the Ursaring for KO. He sends up Claydol because it’s the only Pokemon he has, and tries to get stuff going. Unown G comes up and hits the Claydol for 50. Claydol remains stuck in the active spot, so I triple Flash Bite it and then hit a Cyndaquil for 50. He sets up a Charizard and smashes my Unown G. I send up Bibarel and use Amnesia for 50, and he can’t use the 80 damage attack. So, he belts Charizard and hits me for 70. Surf would do 90, and 90+50=140, 20 short of the KO and game. I draw Pluspower with Cosmic Power and do 100. He whacks my Bibarel for KO. He has 3 Prizes left, and I have Luxray GL on the bench with the Lv. X in my hand. I have a Bibarel with two Energies on the bench. But I’m winning this game in style!

I send up Crobat G instead of Bibarel, and play Roseanne’s for Bidoof and an energy. I send up Bidoof, and use Self Abandonment. Tails. Charizard destroys the Bidoof. I send up Crobat G, Bebe’s for a Bidoof, attach an Energy, and use Self Abandonment. Heads! Bidoof won me the game! 1-1

Round 3 vs. Robert L., Beedrill

He has a slow start, so he keeps hitting me for 30 with Band Attack rather than opting to go for the Flutter Wings Beedrill to set up. Eventually, my Bibarels overtake the Beedrill. Pluspowers and Flash Bites help me take out basics he sends up. Eventually, he just runs out of basics and I win. 2-1

So at 2-1 I get 3rd. I trade my unopened packs, and it turns out there was an Ursaring Prime in them. Oh well.

Props
Bibarel
Bidoof
Battle Roads
Rocketman for hosting a good tournament
David winning

Slops
Losing a game

This Battle Roads was definitely fun, but next time I'm going to play a "legitimate" deck. I can't play Bibarel forever!

-Aaron

Thanks for the congrats, guys!

I'd prefer to keep my exact list secret, since I'll be using it for Nationals...but start with a 4-4 Bibarel, stick Pluspowers and Crobat Gs into it, add a Luxray GL line, and some Pokedrawers. It's BIBAREL; how hard is it to make? And make sure you use the Self Abandonment Bidoof (SF), since it has the potential to create absolute lols (like taking down Belted Charizards ftw).

Oh, ignore that part about me using Bibarel for Nationals.

Congrats Aaron! I finally WON a tournament! Im so proud of myself. Anyway, good luck at nats with whatever deck you do decide to play. Also, can you look at my SP deck to make changes/adjustments?

WOW amazing job, congrats! Any chance of a list? (I'm very curious)

EDIT: Sorry, it's already been asked for, didn't see that

David: congrats again on winning! Yeah, I'll take a look.

Ashinto: thanks! Isn't it?

konopacz: again, thanks! And see post number 6...

That's just awesome!!! Bidoof FTW!!! lol, I've heaerd you're good at deck advice, and I have a Darkrai deck in my sig that needs help, so if you would help me out with that it would be much appreciated! And congratz on PWNing with Bidoof!!!

dude the deck was freaking funny... Ever see a Elephant get owned by a Beaver? No I did and it was freaking funny as hell.

Back