Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Turn Two Swalot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixidor89

The basic concept around this idea:

1. Get out gulpin.
2. Evolve into Swalot(Hidden Legends)
3. Attach a energy Root(This step may be skipped)
4. Attack with Swallow Up (Use a Double Rainbow energy or Boost energy to get the attack off)

Pokemon. 12

4 Gulpin(HL)
4 Swalot(HL)
4 Jirachi

Trainers. 28

4 Mary's Request
3 Wally's Training
4 Holon Lass
3 Celio's Network
2 Crystal Shard
4 Swoop! Teleporter
4 Energy Root
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
1 Ancient Technical Machine - Rock

Energy. 20

4 Double Rainbow Energy
4 Boost Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
8 Grass Energy

Tell me what you think. Thank you for your fixes.

Last edited:
sorry ixidor, but I'm going to tell you right now why this deck will not work...

1. it's an old deck concept, to base the deck around Swalot.
This was back when Grass didnt' totally get jipped out because of all the metal pokes and their silly resistance to grass. Back in the HL days, Swalot was a decent hitter, but now, a possible 80 damage isn't all that much of a threat coming from an 80 hp grass poke.

2. You are playing with Rocket's Mission...
Nobody should play this card... seriously... EVER.

3. Magmar?

4. You have no cover.
The smart thing to do here would be to couple it with another poke that helps cover what is resistant to it. (so, a fire poke and a colorless poke -vs dragons-) I would try something like a typhlosion swarm deck with pidgeot coupled with a 2-2 line of Swalot as your cleaner/Queendom killer.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings and tell you that you should never ever build a deck again- I'm just saying that Swalot as your main, and ONLY attacker is not a smart choice right now.

Keep trying bud! You'll make a sweet deck one day!

I doubt that there would be pokemon out turn two that could withstand a 70 damage attack. Especially if I go first.

What is so bad about Rocket's Mission? If you think about it, it is just a TV Reporter where you discard first.

The idea behind magmar was to be able to quickly run through my deck if I got a hand with a lot of energy. The dump and draw will let me draw up to four cards, so if for some reason I couldn't get the stuff to get out swalot in my opening hand, this will probably search it out for me.

You make a good point about cover, which I have been concerned about for a little while now. I think that this would be another area to justify Magmar's place in the deck if I were to add a playset of rainbow energy or multi energy.
I think that I will also add two crystal shard to deal with the colorless problem.

+ 4 Swoop Teleporter
- 4 Master Ball
Since Magmar is only needed 1st turn, you'll want to swap it with Gulpin to help with turn 2 stuff. You may also want to try Dunsparce or Jirachi in place of Magmar. And I don't think one desert ruins is going to help much. Too bad Low Pressure System wasn't still around. I would up the Stadium count to 4 Cursed Stone, unless you play Jirachi, then I'd use Battle Frontier. Hope this helps!

blah

I like that idea a lot. A whole lot.

How about instead of taking out all four Masterball, I drop the remaining warp point and the desert ruins and two masterball for the playset of swoop! teleporter?

Last edited:
You said Rockets mission is just like TV reporter, but you discard first.
Where is the advantage in discarding first?
Surely being able to pick out of more cards which one you want to discard is better, as you may draw a card you don't need in that draw of 3.

rockets mission... there are always cards in your hand that you dont need... lets say he does get T2 swalot he can discard magmar... or the stadium or an extra energy...a lot of options

I think you should get rid of the Rainbow. You don't want to hurt Swalot, so I would try Multi. Although, you won't be able to Multi/Boost turn 2, a DRE will still provide the Grass you need. Besides, you can't attach Boost or DRE to Magmar, so Multi would be just as well for fueling him. Other wise the deck is looking stronger. You may want a Scramble too, in case you die, Scramble and Swallow :)

try this list

Pokemon (12)
4- Jirachi DX
4- Gulpin HL
4- Swalot HL

Energies (15)
4- Boost
4- Metal
4- Grass
3- Heal

Trainers (33)
4- Battle Frontier/Dessert Ruins
4- Celios Network
4- ER2
4- Pokemon Reversal
4- Swoop Teleporter
4- Marys Request
2- Protective Orb
2- TV Reporter
2- Rockets Admin
1- Pokemon Retriever
1- ATM Rock
1- Crystal Shard

I dont know but thats just an idea. Protective orb should protect swalots weaknesses from cards like espeon ex.metagross DX,dark slowking etc. Crystal Shard incase you run across metal type pokemon and dragon pokemon.

I just realized that Jirachi can get any card from the top five cards.

-Discretely puts Jirachi into deck-

I figured that Briney would be a good way to recover Swalot when needed, so I'm going to try few.

I was playtsting this deck yesterday and found that this deck does get problems if stronger evolutions get out, so I think I'll put in an ATM rock like gardevior suggested.

I think it might be nice to get warp points in, but I'm not sure what to take out for them...

ixidor89 said:
The basic concept around this idea:

1. Get out gulpin.
2. Evolve into Swalot(Hidden Legends)
3. Attach a energy Root(This step may be skipped)
4. Attack with Swallow Up (Use a Double Rainbow energy or Boost energy to get the attack off)

Pokemon. 12

4 Gulpin(HL)
4 Swalot(HL)
4 Jirachi

Trainers. 28

4 Rocket's Mission
3 Wally's Training
4 Holon Lass
3 Celio's Network
2 Crystal Shard
4 Swoop! Teleporter
4 Energy Root
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
1 Ancient Technical Machine - Rock

Energy. 20

4 Double Rainbow Energy
4 Boost Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
8 Grass Energy

Tell me what you think. Thank you for your fixes.

-4 Holon Lass
-1 Mr Briney
-2 Boost
-3 Celio

+2 Eevee (the one with 50 hp)/Shuppett
+2 Espeon ex/ Banette ex
+4 Professor Elm's Training Method
+2 Draw Cards (Rockets Admin, Stevens Advice, Copycat, TV Reporter)

Hey ixi.. why not use Mary's in here so you don't have to worry about the discard at all?? Same number of cards as you are not playing any S2 POkes... nice Idea though! VERY ORIGINAL!

Agreed. The Rocket's Missions now come out for Mary's Requests.

Jkwarrior, I am interested; what is the whole idea behind the espeon/banette line?

ixidor89 said:
Agreed. The Rocket's Missions now come out for Mary's Requests.

Jkwarrior, I am interested; what is the whole idea behind the espeon/banette line?

Swalot has a psychic weakness. With 80-100 HP, he'll get owned by anything psychic. Espeon and Banette can cover those weaknesses, and they both play well into the T2 format. If you're wanting to de evolve (ATM Rock) Espeon can do that too, and Banette was just another thought. My main motive was to give you something that would help cover your weakness. They can both be big hitters in late game if Swalot can't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back