Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Twilight Guard Deck (Umbreon UD Espeon Prime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a neat little deck I came up with my friend. It revolves around the Umbreon from Undaunted which most people should know that it has it's neat little attack that allows it to do 30, and then not be damaged by anything with a Poke-Power or Poke-body.

Now on to the decklist:

Pokemon:
4x Eevee MD (Call for Family)
2x Espeon Prime
1x Espeon MD
2x Umbreon UD
1x Umbreon MD
1x Umbreon Prime

Trainers/ Supporters/ Stadiums
2x Looker's Investigations
1x Luxury Ball
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Judge
2x Expert Belt
4x Bebe's Searches
1x Professor Oak's Visit
2x Black Belt
2x Warp Point
3x Broken Time Space
1x Volkner's Philosophy
4x Poke Drawer +
2x Plus Power
3x Moomoo Milk
1x Palmer's Contribution

Energy:
4x Psychic :psychic:
4x Dark :dark:
4x Special Dark :dark:
3x Rescue :colorless:
2x Double Colorless :colorless::colorless:

The point is to only have umbreon out for most of the time, since you dont want them sniping out your bench, or mixing around your pokemon so they can take out Umbreon. The only Basic Pokemon in this deck is Eevee, meaning that there might certainly be some shuffling and re- shuffling, making your opponent keep picking up cards. this is why judge and looker is there, to make sure that you get those gone ASAP. The Espeon Prime is there as a counter to the good old machamp which may come around without a body and throw umbreon for a loop. That;s why when it comes a swingin, you swing right back with its psychic weakness. The other eeveelutions are more or less techs for health and such dependingon the deck you play against. The Umbreon Prime can get up to 90 damage if you have all the eevelutions on your bench, plus the upgrade cards that are in there. The healing cards are there so that when they bring up their weaker, powerless/bodyless pokemon to attack, you heal away that minor damage, and rescue energy will clean up any mess that may occur.

As for a possible tech that i never really got around to testing, I was thinking Cresselia & Darkrai legend, for a heacy hitter, or if you need to move around those enemy damage counters. As it is a legend, it isnt played until I get both halfs, so its not a basic to throw out, and it can deal some nice damage.

Comments Please! I would love to improve this deck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back