Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Two questions

ZigzagTterb

At the Maryland Stadium Challenge, quite a while ago, two rulings were made in my matches and I believe they were VERY unfair, so I thought I may get some insight on what you think. First, my opponent plays Desert Ruins( I think), the card that stops all weaknesses, many turns later, I use Will-O-the-Wisp and he says"My Metagross is dead" and puts it in the discard pile. I draw my last prize, we shake hands, I begin to pick up my deck and bench and then he says "Oh! Desert Ruins stops weaknesses!" So hear I am with my deck, bench, last prize and hand already combined. One of the judges was called over and he claimed "Since you picked up your cards first, put another prize out, put your bench the way it was and continue play." I then lost and I, ONLY I, recieve a warning, I thought if we both shook hands, began to pick our stuff up and I drew my last prize, it was a little too late to go back.
Second, My opponent and I both have one Pokemon, a Vulpix and a Spheal, my opponent uses Powder Snow (I think), I awaken,I evolve to Ninetails, use Quick Attack, flip heads and win. We then realize neither of us had set prizes. The way I was taught, if two players both forget to set prizes, it's a warning for both players and play continues, so I would have won, again the judge is called and he says "A game can't be won without prizes, redo the match" If the person I was playing against was decent enough to admit defeat and not let mistakes get in the way of the match, I would have been happy. But he even made the comment "I'm calling the judge, because I'll do anything to get further." Afterwards, I told him he was a jerk and walked off. These were the only two matches I lost, and I could have very well got an invite to worlds had it not been for these mishaps. What do you think?

Back