1x Retriever
1x Mr. Briney’s Compassion

Energy 14
6x Fire
3x DRE
2x Heal
2x Holon FF
1x Warp

Let me just start out by saying this deck is the real deal. I’ll give the obvious reasons. This deck can OHKO any pokemon with Weezing. Typhlosion is an excellent attacker and can inflict up to 170 damage on a defending pokemon when an Energy Root is attached.
Energy Root is the perfect tool for this deck. Regardless the fact it gives a pokemon +20 HP, it shuts off Typhlosion’s Poke Body and it could save a Weezing from knocking itself out.
The deck includes a 2-1-2 Pidgeot line and 4 Plusle, these Pokemon are classic for a quick setup. If you don’t start with Plusle that is why I use 2 Swoops, so you can just swoop it in. If you do start with Plusle then you can just swoop it out for a needed basic after he does his job. That is why I use swoop instead of Great ball. Swoop serves a double purpose.
I know 7 draw cards may seem like too few, but you must remember that Pidgeot is a Draw Pokemon and it isn’t very hard to get in play having Plusle, rare candies and Celio‘s Network.
I know I don’t need much help with this deck, but I wanted to post this deck to see what everyone thought about how it would work in the current metagame. I only can see one possible tough matchup and that is Ludicargo. I do have two Holon FF in the deck for that match up and I can always pick them back up with Briney’s, but that is if I can get it into play in time. Other than that matchup, I think this deck can take out just about anything in the Metagame. This is all just my opinion so I want to hear what anyone else has to add. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Find a way to get at least one more holon energy FF.
Consider lowering the weezing line to 2-2 and strengthening typhlosion. It's a vicious hitter in its own right, and swarms better than most swarm decks.
With pidgeot, I think Holon Farmer is better than retriever, especially in stage 2 decks - weezing loses you an energy automatically...why not get that back too?

-1 Pokemon Retriever
-1 Multi Energy
-1 Warp Energy
-1 Heal Energy
-1 Steven's Advice
-1 Koffing
-1 Weezing
+1 Holon Farmer
+1 Holon Energy FF
+2 Energy Root
+1 Rocket's Admin
+2 Fire Energy

+

Thunderbolt said:
-1 Pokemon Retriever
-1 Multi Energy
-1 Warp Energy
-1 Heal Energy
-1 Steven's Advice
-1 Koffing
-1 Weezing
+1 Holon Farmer
+1 Holon Energy FF
+2 Energy Root
+1 Rocket's Admin
+2 Fire Energy

+

I agree with maybe changing the Weezing line to 2-2, but why would I get rid of a heal and a warp? I would then only have 2 cards to that could take away special conditions. Those cards being Briney's and 1 Heal. I do like the idea of possibly adding Holon Farmer like you and the other guy said. And 4 energy roots is not necessary.

Tmanplayer21 is right.. If i were u i would at least switch the multi for a fire or another Holon ff.. Sense u allready have so many special energys in ur deck, i think multi just wouldn't help ur purpose... i also would consider taking out the rocket's admin and puting in another copycat and another energy root.. I find that copy cat is just more help then rockets admin, and having an energy root would be extreamly helpfull in this deck.. try it out, i could be wrong..

4 Energy root seems perfect, it alows your Weezing to survive an extra turn, Makes it possible for Typhlosion to do 170 damage and stops its pokebody if you need to. why arnt you plying 3-4?

Superb statergy though,

Kempley05 said:
4 Energy root seems perfect, it alows your Weezing to survive an extra turn, Makes it possible for Typhlosion to do 170 damage and stops its pokebody if you need to. why arnt you plying 3-4?

Superb statergy though,

The reason I don't play 3-4 to Energy roots is because one of the best combos of the deck is to use Liability with Weezing and then promote Typhlosion to active for the automatic KO. Also Mr. Briney's Compassion can pick up a Energy root. In most cases I wouldn't use an energy root on weezing, it is just an option.

I would not use Venture Bomb because it is a flip trainer and therefore I believe is a waste.

I thought about putting in Holon Farmer instead of Retriever and I decided that Retriever is better. If Holon Farmer could get back Special Energies than I would definitely use it. Retiever is better for a couple reasons, it isn't a supporter, you don't have to discard to use it, and it gives you the option to get back 1 pokemon you need or get back 3 and put them in your deck just like Farmer. Getting back the fire energies with Farmer isn't as important as you think it would be that is why retriver is the right choice.

The reason I use Multi energy is because I don't want to comepletely rule out using Plusle's second attack. It is the only card I have in the deck that can damage the bench. Most of the time it isn't relavent to the stradegy, but since I have Pidgeot I can quick search for the energy. It actually worked for me once.

I agree that another Copycat would be better than an Admin.

Last edited:
Hi,
if the multi is only for Plusle's second attack, maybe you could make it a Holon's Magneton/Electrode. More multipurpose, you're likely to already have an energy on Plusle, plus you could search for it with Celio's if you had to.
:) MG

manicgiraffe said:
Hi,
if the multi is only for Plusle's second attack, maybe you could make it a Holon's Magneton/Electrode. More multipurpose, you're likely to already have an energy on Plusle, plus you could search for it with Celio's if you had to.
:) MG

You one energy per turn is better spent building up Typhlosion, whats the point in taking 2 turns to attach 1 usable energy when you can do it in one with Multi. Multi is multi purpose than Hollons pokemon, your not geting any extra energy attachment with Holons pokemon and in Plusles case your wasting a turns energy.

My deck > Your deck. This is my list.

Pokemon 21

3 Plusle
4 Cyndquil
3 Quilava
4 Typlosion
3 Pidgey
2 Pidgeotto
3 Pidgeot

Trainers 24

3 Steven's Advice
3 Celio's Network
3 Desert Ruins
4 Rare Candy
1 Warp Point
2 Rocket's Admin.
1 Ancient Technical Machine Rock
3 Energy Root
2 Copycat
1 Mr. Brineys Compassion
1 Holon Farmer

Energies 15

8 Fire
2 Scramble
2 DRE
2 Holon FF
1 Heal

Why 1 Heal Energy?
How many decks out there give out status conditions that are good huh? Queendom. That's it I think. 1 is nessesary because to get rid of that 10 damage from Typlosions burning aura. Any more and you think too much.

Holon Farmer or Pokemon Retriever?
Holon Farmer all the way. Holon Famer is a late game supporter. You don't really use supporters in the late game because you can get decked. Why use supporters when you got Pidgeot late game? Its safer. When I mean late I mean your discard pile is bigger that your deck. What is better? Getting 3 cards from your discard pile or 6???????????
Yeah, I know. Retriver can get 1 Pokemon from your discard pile into your hand. That will make you think its better than my Farmer. You can do the same with Holon Farmer. How? Quick Search for the Pokemon that you got from the discard pile and anything thing else you need.

Kempley05 said:
You one energy per turn is better spent building up Typhlosion, whats the point in taking 2 turns to attach 1 usable energy when you can do it in one with Multi. Multi is multi purpose than Hollons pokemon, your not geting any extra energy attachment with Holons pokemon and in Plusles case your wasting a turns energy.

We're talking about using Plusle in unusual circumstances, not about where to place energy.
There is a big problem with Multi in this deck's energy:
Energy 14
5x Fire
3x DRE
2x Heal
2x Holon FF
1x Warp
1x Multi

Text on Multi Energy: Multi Energy provides C Energy when attached to a Pokemon that already has Special Energy cards attached to it.

This means you'll need a fire energy plus the multi. If you're attacking with Plusle how likely are you to have that?
MG

manicgiraffe said:
We're talking about using Plusle in unusual circumstances, not about where to place energy.
There is a big problem with Multi in this deck's energy:
Energy 14
5x Fire
3x DRE
2x Heal
2x Holon FF
1x Warp
1x Multi

Text on Multi Energy: Multi Energy provides C Energy when attached to a Pokemon that already has Special Energy cards attached to it.

This means you'll need a fire energy plus the multi. If you're attacking with Plusle how likely are you to have that?
MG

You only need one energy to use Plusles second attack. That is what the multi is for. I really think talking about it is getting picky. I may be better off switching it out, but that is my style. It may be key.

Why venture bomb? I understand that it could make Typhlosion's attack stronger or just put 10 damage on a defending pokemon, but why would I run it in a deck with Weezing? I can't use a trainer after I attack so I think it is useless. Strength Charm will accomplish the same thing.

I am still not convinced that Farmer is better. If I ever run out of energies in a match then I will probably switch to it. Until then I will stick with retriever.

Last edited:
I prefer a Weezingless more Energy Root orientated version to be honest, Thunderbolt's list is decent but I don't think 3 Plusle is gonna cut it without Swoops. You're only looking at starting with it 1/3 of the time, not really consistent enough to make it worthwhile.

Wow, I didn't think I'd ever see the day to see one of my decks impact the format enough so that other people have begun to test as well.

I have tested both Weezing and Weezingless, and I personally enjoy straight Typhlo. Although I do have a radical new version that I am saving for States. I'll post afterwards. Your list looks pretty good.

~Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back