Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Typhoon Nabi going to Japan

WeileMom

Typhoon Nabi map
and another:
Typhoon Nabi map 2

This doesn't look good for Japan. :frown:
At least they are forecasting it will weaken before landfall.
I'm guessing that they are better prepared than the US was, since they get these more frequently. It originally was on course for Okinawa, which is why I am aware of it. My husband said that most of the buildings there are made out of cinderblock type construction.

Yeah, nabi is a typhoon larger and as powerful as katrina, they will be more prepared but expect a lot of destuction, its big...real big

Tom

Nope a typhoon is the same thing as a hurricane. They just give it a different name over there. But this one is much weaker than Katrina.

Etymology

* The word typhoon comes partly from the Chinese (Cantonese) phrase tái fēng, literally ‘big wind’, and partly via Portuguese tufão, Urdu, Persian and Arabic ţūfān, from Greek tuphōn. The reversed-syllable form hong-thai in Min Nan (Hoklo) supports the Chinese origin of this term.
* The word hurricane is derived from the name of a native Caribbean Amerindian storm god, Huracan, via Spanish huracán.
* The word cyclone came from the Greek word kyklos = "circle," "wheel."

In other areas, hurricanes have been called Bagyo in the Philippines and Taino in Haiti.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon)

Back