Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Tyranitar owns again; Cooltar

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultehcool

Hey guys! Here is my list for Tyranitar list that makes it own more than it already does. I like Ttar and this deck very much. :biggrin:
POKEMON 16
4-4-4 Tyranitar Prime (all UL)
2 Zekrom BW
2 Reshiram BW

T/S/S 31
4 PONT
4 Sages Training
4 Communication
4 Collectors
2 Juniper
2 Interviewers Questions
4 Switch
3 Junk Arms
4 Rare Candy

ENRGY 13
4 DCE
4 Spec Dark
5 Dark

So I was running Tyranitar Prime ever since I got into tcg because he just overall just owns everything and I’ve tried like everything with it and it still pretty much sucked because of how slow it was. I tried the darkness toolbox (mandibuzz, zoroark, umbreon, etc.) but it didn’t do so hot I would go negative at every tournament and be all like Sad . Now I have created an awesome list righ’ quick to make it SPEEEEDTARRRRR!!!!!! When I was making the list I thought to myself 4-4-4 is the way to go even though I have 4 Rare Candies no prob coz then the pupitars are good for junkarm or Pokemon communication. At first those were the only pokemon I tried in the deck but then I realized mulliganing 32532154 times out of 32532155 wasn’t good. So I even added a hint of Reshiram and a dash of Zekrom because I was thinking hmmmmmmm Pokemon catcher… kills everything that cant fight on their own. So it would be free prizes if I included a starter pokemon like cleffa, tyrogue, smeargle or anything else that has a not to good hp or attack. Zek and Resh would be good starter walls so why not, they even benefit from the howl of darkness. So ya it’s pretty fast so far my record of setting up ttars with this deck is 3 ttars with 2 dragons on the bench by turn 2 but that happened only once I usually have 1-2 ttars and a dragon set up by turn 2. Not very often I sometimes have the worst start where i cant set up anything but it only happens rarely!

Ok here, finally, is the STRATEGY! Try and get ttar in active spot and start howling with dragons on the bench, while building up a cascading waterfall of tyranitars that they fill up the sea and drown the sun until you suffocate from the darkness that engulfs every light there is around you.

You probably think this should be called Ttars and dragons, reshitar, zektar, or speedtar which is what I have called it earlier. Call it whatever you please. But remember what I, Paul ‘tehcool’ Duro named it!!!: COOLTAR
PS Duro is my last name if you didn’t figure it out.

I plan on winning the next big tournaments, including worlds, with this so no one play donphan. Ok See ya dog.

I like this idea for a deck! I'm a huge fan of tyranitar too, so anything involved with him is awesome

I was thinking 3 Zekrom, 1 Reshiram, but then it's probably nice to have resh for donphan counters... how does this deck go against donphan?

This maybe changes the deck too far from what you're going for, but maybe add in a jirachi, swap out some dark for rainbow energies.
Also a 1-1 Samurott might be nice. It can sit on the bench and not get hurt, and is a good little counter for reshiram/donphan.

Also fitting in some catcher would be good. Bring up a beefy bench sitter with high retreat and then howl around them

Last edited:
I really don't see the need for 4 Pupitar in this deck. You run 4 Rare Candy and basically only 1 evo line. Those two spots could be used for a Donphan counter easily. Samurott as was suggested earlier is a natural fit in the deck, but other water techs could be used to good effect here as well.

Yeah sadly I agree....

I was so upset when Kyurem didn't come out in EP, it's a dam perfect fit for tyranitar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back