1x Protective Orb

17 Energy
4x Scramble
4x Dark
3x Heal
2x R Energy
2x Fire
2x Electric

The stradegy of this deck is to start with magmar to begin drawing and discarding energy. This will aid a quick setup. Ideally I want to discard Scramble Energy and get them back by knocking out Electrode ex to attach them to the Dark Tyranitars. Then when I accomplish that, I will use Pow to bring in the threat to knock it out with Tyranitar's last attack or bring in a pokemon with a high retreat cost and begin to spread out damage. Then use Admin to really screw up their hand. Pidgeot and Magmar help to draw that is why I only have 5 draw cards in the deck. Protective Orb is key when going up against Medicham Ex or Nidoqueen. Tell me what you think?

vs medicham you can't search you protective orb after turn 2.
also you have no way to find electrode EX after you are medi-locked.
medicham plays admin too soo look out for overconfidence in magmar...

otherwise good dack. i would try to maximize (4) desert ruins (1 atm rocks is really enough)

energy count is right (usually with magmar in ZRE i run 19 and sometimes are not enough in 1-2nd turn).

GL with it!

YEAH!!! I really like this deck. Good job Tmanplayer21. like Gastu said, medi-lock is a concern. and the spinning tail's use is reduced if someone uses rhydon HL (pokebody).

Gatsu said:
vs medicham you can't search you protective orb after turn 2.
also you have no way to find electrode EX after you are medi-locked.
medicham plays admin too soo look out for overconfidence in magmar...

otherwise good dack. i would try to maximize (4) desert ruins (1 atm rocks is really enough)

energy count is right (usually with magmar in ZRE i run 19 and sometimes are not enough in 1-2nd turn).

GL with it!

Ok I put some thought into what you said and here is what I came up with.

pokemon 20
3-2-3 Dark Ttar
2-2 Electrode Ex
2-2 Macargo
4 Magmar

Trainers 23
4x PETM
4x Admin
3x POW
3x TV Reporter
2x Holon's Mentor
2x Rare Candy
2x Protective Orb
1x ATM Rock
1x Holon's Lass
1x Switch

Energy 17
4x Scramble
4x Dark
3x Heal
3x Fire
3x Electric

I didn't put a stadium in this deck because no stadium works against it.

quite better!!!

what about a single aipom (quick search with aipom after and admin)?

you can even get it bakc later with mentor!

Aipom? magcargo? UGH

The first list was nice, Pidgeot is the better card here and Medicham/Espeon variants are the underdog here buddy =D

~Sami

I don't think you need the fire energies, because you won't be using Magmar's second attack. I'd drop them for either Great Balls, or Lanette, since you have no basic finders.

basic searchers are essential in decks with stage 2, or any deck at all!!!
holon mentor will help since it gets basics and discards energies for electrode ex.

Fireborn said:
I don't think you need the fire energies, because you won't be using Magmar's second attack. I'd drop them for either Great Balls, or Lanette, since you have no basic finders.

I can't do that because I need the energy for the deck to flow. I need them for Magmar's attack dump and draw.

dump and draw uses colorless, i think. maybe add another r energy. heal energy may look like it works in multiples, but i don't use it too often. try 2 instead

zapdos ex said:
dump and draw uses colorless, i think. maybe add another r energy. heal energy may look like it works in multiples, but i don't use it too often. try 2 instead

One of the combos in this deck involves using electrode ex's crush and burn attack. I'm not sure if I am playing it right or not. If I use Electrode ex's Crush and Burn attack and I discard scarmble energies from my Tyranitar on the bench while I am down in prizes, Does it count as 3 energies or just one?

if i used electrode crush and burn, i would:
1.use dump and draw
2.get a voltorb out and recharge
3.evolve to electrode ex. crush and burn
4.try to get another voltorb out.
5.explode one electrode with more damage on it and put it on voltorb.
6.evolve
and the rest is self explanitory. (i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back