Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tyrogue the MVP

goldedda

well i played barely pokemon after cities, and didn;t even know what most cards in ND do. So on friday my friends make zek/eel for me cuz i don;t own any cards, but i put in 1 SSU + 1 tyrogue for lolz. in the end most of my team copied my list. The drive to AZ was horrible no sleep but playing games kept us alive + it was fun. anyways on to the report

AZ states
120+ Masters
Deck: Zekrom/eel
8 rounds top 16

Round 1 vs articuno
i t3 mewtwo'd the articuno

1-0

round 2 vs CMT
I don;t have a fast start so he gets ahead in prizes but i N him into a dead hand midgame and come back to win the game. EEL killed a mewtwo :lol:

round 3 vs Chandelure(fire)/Emboar/Reshiram
so this is where i wished i knew what the new cards did, he eeks t1 and has a promo litwick benched 2 vulpix and 1 tepig. I kill the cleffa with tyrogue and i have 2 tynamos benched. he goes twins gets the FIRE CHANDY and i am like O_O wow there he goes gets 3 prizes t2 and i basically lose soon.

2-1

round 4 vs 6 corners
i get a decent start and i keep koing terrakions and he doesn't have enough energys in play to respond with K.os. SO he falls behind in prizes, also a mid game N locked him out of the game.

3-1

round 5 vs the FAT MEXICAN TOPDECKER
so hes on my team, he runs the same list as me + he runs hotter than the sun, some amazing topdecks on his side later and i see myself losing by 3 prizes

3-2 uggh gotta win out

round 6 vs vannniluxe/kingdra/plume
t1'd mewtwo his mew sorry bro :nonono:

4-2

round 7 vs Steven T Mew/yanmega/terrakion
he scoopes to me cuz he doesn;t care about CP

5-2

round 8 vs Dave C TROLL.dek (tornadeus/terrakion/mewtwo)
he fails to donk my tynamo t1 and i am able o set up. He also misses few key energy drops which allow me to kill of all of his terrakions without getting killed back. So in the end he whiffs on an energy to respond kill my mewtwo for game, close game bro

6-2

make top cut seeded 12th place
5 people of my team topcut as well

top 16 vs Chris N Zek/eel
Game 1: he gets a fast start than me and is ahead for most of the game. a Late game kill on his mewtwo + an N tho makes him unable to respond K.o my mewtwo and i steal the game from him

1-0

Game 2: our starts are SO BAD he sits there with 3 tynamos and a smeargle potraited my nothing hand while i manually power up my only pkm which was a zekrom ex. After a few turns i finally am able to release the zekrom ex kraken and take a big lead in the game. He trys to stage a comeback but my MVP tyrogue comes and kills his mewtwo ex for game.

2-0
top 8 vs Zekrom/eel
Game 1: t2 thunderus powered up with 3 eels in play vs her lonely zekrom i win the game fast

1-0

game 2: she kills my tynamo t1, but mvp tyrogue game and swept some tyanmos. Zekrom later also killed off her eels leaving her with no energy accel and my zekrom ex is able o seal the deal,

2-0

top 4 vs ruben c Mewtwo/celebi
well hes on my team and hes 1 of the 2 people i playtested against the nigh before. We know the matchup is dumb and comes down to N's

Game 1:
He gets t1 kill on my tynamo cuz he top decked the dce. I charge with thunderus. He then kills off my thunderus because he drew the grass of his prizes + top decked the PP. I respond kill his mewtwo. He then respond kills my mewtwo. on my turn i just tyrogue for 30. On his turn he kills my tynamo. WOW he has 1 prie vs my 4. He has active mewtwo with dce, has 2 benched clebis and a mewtwo benched with 1 grass. On my turn i drop mewtwo play dce use N and HIT the PP to kill of his mewtwo. on his turn he draw whiffs on energys but N's us. He again whiffs on the energy and passes. On my turn i gear for juniper. Juniper for dce + catcher to win WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED O_O

1-0

Game 2: he rushes me but i am able to fight back, but a key late game N won him the game

1-1

Game 3: We exchange prizes but his dead hand mid game leads me to kill of his only mewtwo in play and i win game 3

I'm SORRY

FINALS vs Mark G CMT

game 1: my tynamo got tyrogued

0-1

game 2: i have a bad hand and his bufallo keeps killing of my zekroms. In one point of the game he potriats himself into an N, and is able to draw the juniper off 3 cards, then off the juniper hits energy + PP to kill my zekrom >.>. Next turn i kill something off. He then tyrogues for a prize. its its my 2 prizes vs his 1, i go drop mewtwo with like 5 energys on it and N him into 1. and kill tyrogue i have game next turn unless he .... WHAT HE TOPDECKED CATCHER for game wow -_-

0-2

2nd place not too bad for playing a deck i don;t even own hahaha

PROPS
Everyone who loaned me their cards THX GUYS
oscar morales for driving us to AZ
congrats to Mark G for winning
Word Game with Team dragon Rush :lol:
BEST ORGANIZERS EVAR
Tyrogue THE MVP
Seeing all of you guys after being on hiatus after cities
running hotter than the sun

Slops
car ride
no sleep uggh
no ice cream at Mcdonalds when i went there at 5 am
FIRE CHANDELURE O_O

Nice report!! You guys are welcome anytime!! Glad you enjoyed the event!!! Congratulations!! See you soon again I hope!

Back