Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Uber-Pokes: too powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highonair69

Yeah, about a year ago, my friend had gotten a Game Shark and used it on his Crystal version. Me an him had a battle in which he whooped me with an Entei that knew Ancient Power, Thunder, Octazooka and Solarbeam. I played in a tournament and found more uber-Pokes. I went down the same path and made myself a Celibi with Sacred Fire, Ancient Power, Octazooka and Earthquake. SO the fact of the matter is.. Should Game Sharked Pokes be illegal for GSC and RS tourneys??? How do you feel on this subject?

Last edited:
Of course they should, anything modified beyond the legal parameters is STRICTLY prohibited.
And even modifying to "max stats" is frowned upon do to the random nature of stats, especially in Ru/Sa.
So be careful using a GS, it kinda defeats the purpose of training and the like.

Sharked Pokes should be out. They defeat the whole purpose of the game. If you have a pokemon with an insane moveset like those then their is no point to battleing.

Uber means that the pokemon is overlypowerful and you don't stand a chance against it unless you use a similar pokemon. It is actually taken from a german word meaning strong or powerfull. By discouraging ubers it gives people a better chance to create an original moveset. (Otherwise everybody would use Groudon, Kyogry, Lati@s and things would be boring)

I heartily agree. No Sharked Pokemon.

SnorlaxStampede, if I could Shark an Uber, why use the legendaries? I'd attack them with my Uber-Wynaut, with LockOn and SheerCold. :)

Btw, I agree that the word is German, but I always thought it translated to "super", (not that it makes any difference, the meaning is still there). :)

No they arent legal, but they are fun, for stuff like Stadiums. I had a Mew with Hydro Pump, Megahorn, Softboil and Psychic. And I screwed up the first time on RBY and used a code that cahnged a Magicarp into a Mew. Once I got Stadium, it reverted it back to a Magicarp, but left it with the attacks Fly, Psychic, Metronome and Transform... Now that is a Magicarp!!!

Side note, Uuber doesnt always meen legendary. Take Curselax or Cursory for example. And not all Legendarias are always Uubers. The original birds, the 3 dogs, and 3 Regi's arent all that and can be beaten easier than other Legendaries...

Uber = Rekkuza, Mewtwo, Lugia, Houou. No others. Curselax, Kek-king, Kyogre, etc don't count because their stats are too low. Ubers are called Ubers because their base stats total 680, which is higher than over 380 other Pokémon, some by a great, great deal.

Also note that Houou dies in one hit to a Rock Slide from either Tyranitar or Rhydon (Thick Club Marowak can't because it doesn't have STAB), or at least it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back