Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ugh... Tired of it

What's wrong with Basic Yellow that isn't a problem with custom decks?

I second this. They should make Expert non-selectable unless someone has a custom deck made, and or has to have a certain amount of cards in their collection (like the cards from the basic decks plus 100 or something).

EDIT:^^^ I would much rather play a custom deck that could take a prize or two and could somehow maybe have an interesting concept than a basic deck that cant even knock out one Pokemon.

I hope that when the program is entirely bug free that they install an ELO-like ratings system. Plenty of other online games do this, and it allows you to continually play people at your level. Yes, we're all sick of beating on basic yellow, but I bet you the basic yellow players are sick of being beaten on, too.

If only basic yellow players could stick to Novice games... but for some reason they insist on losing to EX's on expert...

As JWittz said, hopefully they will add some sort of ranking system in PvP, personally I think basic yellow should still be allowed, this is still a beta after all and as the game grows and people get a bit more experience they will start to get packs and build new decks, I don't think the basic yellow deck shouldn't be disallowed as it is somewhat unfair for the new guys even if they do choose expert.

For now the expert mode doesn't mean much, a win is a win, and a loss is a loss, there are no rankings or leaderboards, no rewards for winning or losing, sure it might get a bit boring after a while playing them, but just think of it as practice for you, getting better at playing, what decisions you should make, and sure enough eventually people will pick the correct mode suited for them, novice or expert.

Personally, I'd like this more on behalf of the people who are actually using the Basic Yellow deck. I don't imagineone would be too compelled to continue playing TCGO when every match they're having their army of pathetic Pikachus wiped out by Zekroms and Darkrais.

TCGO is an entry point to TCG for some people and I'd hate for it to be an unpleasant one that causes them to lose interest in the game.

I also wish that the TCG had the option to play against ALL formats or just current Black-White on... I hate facing CMT decks when I am trying to test out against the current format!!

I agree with an ELO type system being implemented of some sort. When I'm NOT playing basic yellow, i'm playing Cobalion/Reshiram/Moltres NXD and Kyurem/Eels/Darmanitan. The different rooms (Practice, Novice, Expert) is a good idea too, to be able to test out a theorymon/etc before you take a chance at your rating.

I believe there is SOME sort of system in place. I've been getting legitimate opponents all morning (Darkstar20, Rainbowgym, etc.) instead of the normal, and I'm sitting at 80% win.

Leads me to believe there is a system of a sorts in place.

Back