Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK Rotation Celebration Events

ukpokemonpro

Hi Guys and Gals,

I know that there are lots of these being planned to run across the UK and that it is a chance for everyone to grab a Regional Promo Card and some booster prizes too! The Rotation Celebration Events should be running from 1st July onwards to the new modified format (HGSS+).

The Gamers Guild are running their celebration event on the 3rd Saturday in July at our Bexleyheath Venue. details as follows:

Saturday 16 July 2011
July 2011 - Format Rotatation Celebration

venue
Bexleyheath and District Scout Centre
Mayplace Road West
Bexleyheath
DA7 4JR

Doors Open - 1:00PM
Registration Ends - 2:00PM

Organizer Name - Ben Ward
Organizer Phone - 07949359750
Organizer Email - [email protected]
Website - http://www.gamersguild.co.uk/

Admission £5

Details
Rotation Special with Regional Promo Cards as a participation prize for first 30 players.
Prizes in each age group as follows:

1st - 6 Boosters (Black and White)
2nd - 4 Boosters (Black and White)
3rd and 4th - 2 Boosters (Black and White)
5th place onwards - everyone gets a booster pack and a promo

link to official website - http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/tournament_id/11-07-000026/

If you are running an event or know of one running near you post it here and we can keep them all in one place :D

Hi, what's the K-value for these events? Thanks in advance.

They don't have any K Value, the only tournaments left this season within Europe that do are the Arena Cups.

Really looking forward to these, going to be great to play in the new format!

They don't have any K Value, the only tournaments left this season within Europe that do are the Arena Cups.

Really looking forward to these, going to be great to play in the new format!

It certainly is going to be fun playing the new format I have seen several good contenders for MVP (most Valuable Pokemon :))

Don't know the date yet but no doubt there will be one in Cumbernauld (Glasgow). Don't suppose there will be (m)any travelling for this considering the lack of points but if there are then don't be discouraged by the fact that it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere on the map. It's a 15 minute train from centre of Glasgow and the venue is right by the station ;D.

Don't know the date yet but no doubt there will be one in Cumbernauld (Glasgow). Don't suppose there will be (m)any travelling for this considering the lack of points but if there are then don't be discouraged by the fact that it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere on the map. It's a 15 minute train from centre of Glasgow and the venue is right by the station ;D.

Has there been confirmation of the format for that event?

95% sure it's happening and 99% sure it's HGSS on. At least this is what Gordon, the TO has said to me. No points but looking forward to the prizes. (Just remembered I'm away the 9th July, hope it's not that weekend!).

I probably won't be able to make it, but that's awesome!
Doing a Rotation Celebration (hey! That rhymes!) event is pretty cool and different!
Good job!

Guys the rotation happens on the 1st July these are Rotation Celebration events in July - can you guess what the format will be? :biggrin:

Play! Pokemon Announcement said:
Pokémon Organized Play is dedicated to providing a fun, positive tournament experience for all Play! Pokémon members.

With this in mind, we have been carefully evaluating our competitive environment to ensure that it remains as fair and balanced as possible.

After careful consideration and review of our competitive environment, Pokémon Organized Play has decided that as of July 1st, 2011, we will rotate to a Modified format that will include only expansions from HeartGold & SoulSilver through the most recent expansion.

We appreciate our players’ understanding throughout this process!

... I guess maybe it will be HGSS onwards :thumb:

When I spoke to the league leader last week he said that even though the official rotation was July 1st, he didn't know what the format for the tournament would be.

Hence me asking.

I bid anyone goodluck in getting to Cumbernauld, heres an insight into the area Wickstead Park at 2am but 10x times more rural awkwards and quite. Its like one or two trains an hour Dan, will you be back in time for your flight to San Diego or should I send out a search party :lol:.

You better off coming to one in the South - Bexley, so much easier to get to and you will get better practice for Worlds, if your serious of doing well in the grinder. If you come down before the day theres a League on the Thursday.

I bid anyone goodluck in getting to Cumbernauld, heres an insight into the area Wickstead Park at 2am but 10x times more rural awkwards and quite. Its like one or two trains an hour Dan, will you be back in time for your flight to San Diego or should I send out a search party :lol:

Not that I expect anyone to travel for these tournaments (though it's a possibility for 2011/12 season tournies), but Cumbernauld is a 20 minute train journey from Glasgow, which isn't particularly difficult to get to. From Edinburgh it's a little trickier, but hardly more than an hour with a change of trains. It's also 3 minutes drive from the motorway.

There are bound to be some in Manchester, Nottingham and Scotland - not sure about other locations but my advice is badger your local TO and as for format? Well Modified is Modified down here we only really play modified and sealed pack .. with the odd draft so as far as we are concerned if it is after the 1st July it should be HGSSon..

Back