Ultimate Donk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

By: Morten Gundesen
Format: MD-On
Deck: Kingdra Donk
Date: October 18, 2010

This is one of the most stupid donk deck I have ever played. It spreads about 80-90 at average while giving 80 damage with kingdra and I have tried to KO 4 pokemon the first turn. 1 uxie, 1 hoppip, 1 baltoy and 1 abra(50HP). It was rather fun to play it in league at the Worlds and just donking people starting with 2 pokemon G.

2 Crobat G PL 47
2 Horsea LA 102
2 Kingdra (Prime) UL 85
2 Unown Q MD 49
4 Unown R LA 77
3 Uxie LA 43

4 Dual Ball UL
2 Expert Belt AR
4 Good Rod UL
1 Luxury Ball SF
4 Poke Blower + SF
4 Poke Drawer + SF
4 Pokedex Handy 910is PL
2 Pokemon Collector GS
3 Pokemon Rescue PL
1 Quick Ball MD
2 Rare Candy UL
4 Super Scoop Up MD
4 TGI G-105 Poke Turn PL
4 Victory Medal Promo

2 Water Energy GS

This deck is just too simple with a lot of strength. This could be a good deck choice if there isn´t too many spiritomb. If an opponent gets more than there can be donked you still have a chance. 2 Kingdra prime with expert belt can get some prices and the the pokemon there get the first energy will be KO. If you want to make a better deck late game then just add one more rare candy and water energy. Horsea and kingdra can be picked up again by old rod or pokemon rescue. Old rod is also good to get poketurn back and there is no bad side effect because of unown R.

a 2-0-2 kingdra line, 2 energy, no energy recovery whatsoever, and the only supporters being 2 pokemon collector...

I know you are going for the donk... but this deck looks like it has no game past turn 3. Once your first Kingdra goes down, you better hope you didnt prize that other water energy. And even if you have the second energy, if that pokemon goes down, you are just a sitting duck.

Also there are SOOOO many popular trainer-locking cards in the current format. Gastly's Pitch Dark, Dialga G's Deafen, Spiritomb, Vileplume... heck even MD Kabutops and PL Psyduck! I don't feel that a build like this would do very well right now. Sure, you take a few games, but you probably wouldnt do better than breaking even at bigger tournaments.

I would start by dropping
Quick Ball
Good Rod
Pokeblower +

and add in

2 Horsea
2 Seadra
2 Kingdra
2 Rare Candy
1 Palmers

At least then, youd still have a chance to get a Kingdra prime out even under trainer lock. Also having 4 Horseas will increase your chances of starting with one. If you'd rather use trainers, Palmers could be an Energy Restore or Energy Returner.

Those modefications destroys the deck...

You are removeing the good part of the deck let me explain

When you add more horsea sedra and kingdra you´ll get them on your hand and get stuck because you can´t draw enogh cards on uxie. It´s also the reason for only 2 supporter because i don´t want to get stuck with them on my hand. Like the deck is right now you can draw the whole deck turn 1 and spread at least 80 and give 80 if there isn´t a trainer lock. If I should have a chance to stop trainer lock I would add 2 collecter and 1 regice. Turn 3 kingdra like you suggest won´t help.

It actually have more game after turn 3 than i thought because 2 Kingdra with belt are not easy to beat after a crazy turn 1. When you start with 2-3 prices and got cards for 2 kingdra when you have some chances but it is still a donk deck that can´t handle trainer lock. One more water energy can be good

Edit: maybe I should have mention the blowers are used to spread more and not the secondary effect.

Those modefications destroys the deck...

You are removeing the good part of the deck let me explain

When you add more horsea sedra and kingdra you´ll get them on your hand and get stuck because you can´t draw enogh cards on uxie. It´s also the reason for only 2 supporter because i don´t want to get stuck with them on my hand. Like the deck is right now you can draw the whole deck turn 1 and spread at least 80 and give 80 if there isn´t a trainer lock. If I should have a chance to stop trainer lock I would add 2 collecter and 1 regice. Turn 3 kingdra like you suggest won´t help.

It actually have more game after turn 3 than i thought because 2 Kingdra with belt are not easy to beat after a crazy turn 1. When you start with 2-3 prices and got cards for 2 kingdra when you have some chances but it is still a donk deck that can´t handle trainer lock. One more water energy can be good

Edit: maybe I should have mention the blowers are used to spread more and not the secondary effect.

Those modifications actually make the deck playable. Having a Horsea or Kingdra prized = GG after they get there first ko. Like Donpan said, your logic makes no sense.

Last edited:
If this list doesn´t compete with anything howcome it actually wins 60-70% of the time. Now i´m going to get it is just bad players but then the players at world is bad.
This deck can win because it donks a lot or get enogh prices at start to win with 2 kingdra. 80-80 is alo lot of damage.
I know it has about 5% chance to win against vilegar but a lot of decks get trouble with this deck.

Try it with something like this list, because it is much better, has more potential and is more consistant than your version of the deck.

4 Horsea
3 Seadra
4 Kingdra
3 Uxie
1 Uxie LV.X
1 Unown Q
1 Chatot
2 Crobat G
1 Azelf
-20-

4 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
1 Luxury Ball
2 Expert Belt
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 PONT
2 Warp Point
4 Rare Candy
3 BTS
4 Poke Turn
4 SSU
-31-

7 Water
-7-

Hope that helped you.
-Filipp.

If this list doesn´t compete with anything howcome it actually wins 60-70% of the time. Now i´m going to get it is just bad players but then the players at world is bad.
This deck can win because it donks a lot or get enogh prices at start to win with 2 kingdra. 80-80 is alo lot of damage.
I know it has about 5% chance to win against vilegar but a lot of decks get trouble with this deck.

I will RS you anytime and I can actually promise you I will easily beat your list.

Fine lets take some games on RS so long you don´t take some silly counter deck. A ordinary luxchomp should be fine. You can also chose something other in the metagame gyarados donphan sablelock. all kinds of deck.

I didn´t really want a ordinary kingdra list and one of the kingdras should be from LA. The list looks fine but it isn´t the same deck.

Why is there so few creative deck builders. Too many good decks is never found

There are many creative deck builders and probably you are not creative, but htink that you are creative.
Think about that!
Creative means thatb the idea behind the deck is creative, but not that you change some lines of a standart deck in our metaqgames and make the deck less effecktive than it is.

Sure, everybody has creative lists, but you wrote creative "lists" not decks, so i guess you made these lists in a way you thought that they would be best, but actually if it is the way you made the Kingdra Deck I have to say that is absolutly the wrong way, sry.

-Filipp.

Looks like it plays similar to Shuppet donk, except using Kingdra's ability to survive instead of Shuppet's to return to the hand.

Can probably play as an Uxie donk deck if it has to.

Looks pretty creative to me. It will struggle if it doesn't go off T1, and 2 Water is a bit scary, but props on an interesting deck. Turning it into a straight speed Kingdra is missing the point.

Where to begin

Cescoleon
Empoleon with lapras and cessation crystall top 16 at worlds.

The nordic snowman
Ambomasnow, ampharos top 16 at worlds. Too bad i met dialga lv x in top 16.

Rhyperior Discard
Ryphyrior discards 3 cards and mr. brayney picks it up again. Macargo speed stadium unown D engine. Drifblim DP to get mr. brayney into deck again. Should have played this at worlds but played infernape.

Shaymin revenge(bad deck)
Keep revenge killing with shaymin and finish with entai raikou

Weavile/slowking/donphan also called clawlock
Discard cards and control opponents top deck Hit with donphan prime. Well it won a BR

Reqauza deoxys with typhlosion prime don´t work

Empoleon Metagross
Sends claydol out and hit the bench

Shuppet executor
Banette can discard your hand and executor gives opponent 0 cards

A weird kabutops deck

Nearly pure nidoqueen deck trahsed more times

A classic deck that gets invincible instead of winning

Some combined team deck(they have won more turnaments)

These are the one i can remember. I know i have some more

---------- Post added 10/19/2010 at 12:06 AM ----------

Looks like it plays similar to Shuppet donk, except using Kingdra's ability to survive instead of Shuppet's to return to the hand.

Can probably play as an Uxie donk deck if it has to.

Looks pretty creative to me. It will struggle if it doesn't go off T1, and 2 Water is a bit scary, but props on an interesting deck. Turning it into a straight speed Kingdra is missing the point.

And it don´t have weakness to judge or later trainer lock like dialga G or spiritomb. Kingdras power is useful too

Last edited:
You all laugh at this. However you're forgetting that the vast majority of decks played as of this saturday and on will be Gengar Prime + Mew Prime. It won't be trainer lock decks anymore. Trainer lock won't work because it goes to slow (any deck not attacking by turn 2 MINIMUM will be destroyed by Lost zone abuse, any deck playing more than a handful of pokemon will be destroyed by lost zone abuse).

About the only way, coming up, to PLAY anything that's not Mew/Gengar will BE pure trainer builds...one supporter a turn isn't going to do it when you have 6 turns to win a game PERIOD.

I know, I know, "I can beat Gengar Prime with my hands tied behind my back!" I can hear it now...

Don't write this off yet, it might be one of the few ways to actually win a game soon.

You all laugh at this. However you're forgetting that the vast majority of decks played as of this saturday and on will be Gengar Prime + Mew Prime. It won't be trainer lock decks anymore. Trainer lock won't work because it goes to slow (any deck not attacking by turn 2 MINIMUM will be destroyed by Lost zone abuse, any deck playing more than a handful of pokemon will be destroyed by lost zone abuse).

About the only way, coming up, to PLAY anything that's not Mew/Gengar will BE pure trainer builds...one supporter a turn isn't going to do it when you have 6 turns to win a game PERIOD.

I know, I know, "I can beat Gengar Prime with my hands tied behind my back!" I can hear it now...

Don't write this off yet, it might be one of the few ways to actually win a game soon.

So...

Beedrill G has a chance???

it looks playable.... but there are 2-3 things to consider

Spiritomb= GG you lose
Power Spray your Uxie =GG you Lose
Luxray LV X=GG you Lose
Judge = GG you lose
Ambipalm to move water energy to crobat =GG

Im naming all the STAPLE CARDS that people play that WILL destroy your deck completely. Can it win... YES! WILL it WIN MAYBE, but in any Premier event you'll just be giving away wins

it looks playable.... but there are 2-3 things to consider

Spiritomb= GG you lose
Power Spray your Uxie =GG you Lose
Luxray LV X=GG you Lose
Judge = GG you lose
Ambipalm to move water energy to crobat =GG

Spiritomb: yes. But only turn 1. Gastly is the same

Power spray: can really be trouble unless you keep a super scoop up and are lucky. Have tried that but lost the game.

Luxray lv x: You get 3 prices before they get a luxray lv x. First 2 on something and the first luxray killed by put damage. Now they have to put one more luxray down and if you saved 2 blower you have a ok game now.

Judge: why. After turn one all cards are used unless I hide some cards because it won´t give one more KO. Kingdra with belt won´t get hurt by judge.

Ambipom: You have to watch out for that but if you have a poketurn and no way to kill one more pokemon you will just keep it on your hand to prevent situations like that. I´m more affraid then it is moved to uxie so it´s a good reason for adding a water energy.

Spiritomb: yes. But only turn 1. Gastly is the same

Power spray: can really be trouble unless you keep a super scoop up and are lucky. Have tried that but lost the game.

Luxray lv x: You get 3 prices before they get a luxray lv x. First 2 on something and the first luxray killed by put damage. Now they have to put one more luxray down and if you saved 2 blower you have a ok game now.

Judge: why. After turn one all cards are used unless I hide some cards because it won´t give one more KO. Kingdra with belt won´t get hurt by judge.

Ambipom: You have to watch out for that but if you have a poketurn and no way to kill one more pokemon you will just keep it on your hand to prevent situations like that. I´m more affraid then it is moved to uxie so it´s a good reason for adding a water energy.

Looking at your list, is see no seadra... how do you plan on removing the Spiritomb from play so you can even evolve your kingdra ?No Combination of pokemon that u have can even deal enough damage to KO 1 Spiritomb

I would will o wisp the whole game with spiritombs and you would lose because after you lose that water energy the game is over you could stall with crobats but you wouldn't be attacking, and id call a judge over to make sure you didnt try to stall me out

And if you attacked ONCE with horsea, id retreat crobat over and over, then expert belt spiritomb and poketurn crobat now i willow wisp for 20 damage...lol and you lose that energy to retreat... or lose the pokemon

In theory i'd let you use all your powers over and over, because with spiritomb active you'd deck yourself, and still wouldnt be able to knock out spiritomb

And if you face dialgia and First ... GG

Last edited:
I would will o wisp the whole game with spiritombs

provided you run rainbows, or a dark deck, but point taken. but with that in mind, how many builds do you see today that actually run rainbows for that or have spiritomb in a dark deck? a handful? it's easy to fix that but no one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back