Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Umbreon Disappears

Umbreon, the Moonlight Pokemon begins to write:

I am Me.

The reflections we see upon the boards are not our self.
They are other's thoughts.
The reflections we see upon the boards are not our truths.
They are other's actions.
The reflections we see upon the boards are not our being.
They are other's truths.
The reflections we see upon the boards are not our thoughts.
They are other's hopes.
The reflections we see upon the boards are not our own.
They are other's joy.
The reflections we see upon the boards are not our image.
They are other's memories.
The reflections we see upon the boards are not our actions.
They are other's thoughts
They belong to others.

I am Me.

What we write about others upon the boards,
Reflects ourselves.
What others writes about us upon the boards,
Reflects themselves.

I am Me.

Furret sighs deeply.
Furret "What does this mean?"
Umbreon uses Night Shade and disappears.
Furret "Am I all alone now?"
Furret looks around and sees a shadow moving.
Furret uses Attract.
The shadow stops.
Furret uses Charm.
The shadow brightens and Umbreon's rings begin to glow.
A blinding light appears behind Furret.
The darkness and the light begin to blend together
And circle around each other.
Umbreon's Darkness and Espeon's Light swirl around Furret.

I am Me.

Furret puzzled, stares at the swirling light and darkness.
Umbreon and Espeon teleport away...

Furret "Am I all alone now?"
Furret trots off to find Doug.

Ummm, .... Thanks I guess. Was there a point to this thread? Sorry if I missed it.

Sometimes I wish Douglas came with an interpreter.

But I think you're right about that RainbowRichards.

P.S. I posted this after RainbowRichards, even though it appeared before his post. :confused:

Last edited:
Or, in the words of the immortal Bard:
"I'm rubber and you're glue.
Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!"

Or was that the immortal Bart?

I think there definitely WAS a point - 'hidden' between the prose:

Umbreon said:
What we write about others upon the boards,
Reflects ourselves.
What others writes about us upon the boards,
Reflects themselves.

rather insightful IMHO :)

[edit]Hmm, how'd you guys squeeze your posts in fornt of mine!? **runs to post in Bugs and Errors in the RTC (but doesn't)**

I'm guessing the global clock at PokeGym is out of whack...[/edit]

Last edited:
OK, I have taken Zuverese as a correspondence course....here is what it means...

There must have been some "trash talking" on the boards, that Doug slipped into....and now regrets..

I always saw the Furret (normal) as being the light side of Doug's personality, and Umbreon (dark) being the darkness side of his persona.

What it appears to mean is that Doug is stating that he will not let umbreon talk, at least for now, and therefore, will keep himself out of the "trash talking" posts....

That type of response would get me a B in the course.... anyone else have an essay answer?

M45

meganium45 said:
OK, I have taken Zuverese as a correspondence course....here is what it means...

If you were to major in Zuverese, would you get a B.S. degree? :rolleyes: :thumb:

Last edited:
If you think that is confusing, just wait 'til you see the look on the opponent's face as Doug delivers an impossible beat down with his Raichu Ex deck. Anyone remember last summer's results?

This is what Doug's post make me think of...

I try to remember to check my ego at the door when logging on the Gym; it doesn't always work. Most of the time, though, I'm just so 'over' the trying-to-show-who-is-better/smarter/right posts. It is so boring when people make a groups of such posts on this board.

I log in here for information, not to watch a fight (as my old boss used to say about soap operas, "if I want to hear an argument, I'll start one"). A kind word is also nice to have at times, and even better to pass out.

Being right/making the world right, right now, is less important to me than making progress toward the right. Being creative/productive & enjoying/appreciating is more relaxing and fun that showing I am right (even if I am, as happens occasionally).

So for me, Doug makes me think: Contribute some more. Lose the negative emotions. Build somebody up. If something isn't spot on pass it by rather than beat it up.

[Edit: removed some autobiographical rambling].

Last edited:
To me it seemed that he's trying to point out that this is a Message Board, where people post their opinions, not facts. Maybe we'd be a lot better off if we all realized that at some point, instead of attacking statements that are not our own.

Prof. Douglas Zuver said:
I am Me.

They are other's thoughts.

"As form and image face each other
in a bright mirror,
you are not it
but it is you."
--Dongshan, "Song of the Bright Mirror Samadhi"

Pokémon in general is lacking in reishiki. All Pokémon players should consider this carefully.

regards,
:unknown-b

I guess I'm not used to people creating art to express a point. That may sound like a backhanded compliment, but I hope you take it as a compliment. I hope I didn't discourage your prose, because I do find it interesting, I just need to take more time to let it sink in. Perhaps that is the key.

good ol professor always creating fun art even on the professor forums. I like this umbreon piece because it proves a good point as well as it is funny. :D

Back